Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: August 12, 2015

First Trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT

1f7a7d.jpg

The Weinstein Company has released the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino

Please god, let one of these 70mm theaters in late December be in St. Louis.

Update: June 2, 2015

Sam L. Jackson Says Tarantino Shot Film on a Refrigerated Set

In Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, Samuel L. Jackson plays Major Marquis Warren, a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter. She asked about what it was like shooting Hateful Eight, and Jackson explained that this is really an ensemble piece as opposed to Tarantino’s previous movies. He also said the cast really bonded over the course of filming, and they’re still texting and referring to themselves as “The Haters.” And when you hear what filming was like on set, it makes sense why they would form such a close bond:

"All of us are so anxious to see this movie because, every day, the work was incredible. It was taxing, in a very interesting way, because we were in the snow, at first, and then we get inside this room. Quentin shot on a refrigerated set, and it was 30 degrees, every day, in there. We were miserable in the environment. You could see our breath, but the stuff that we were doing was amazing. We would finish doing a scene and look at each other and just grin like, 'This is incredible.' And we may be blowing smoke up our own asses, but I hope it’s as good as we felt like it was when we were doing it."

Samuel L. Jackson Says Tarantino Shot THE HATEFUL EIGHT on a Refrigerated Set

Not entirely sure what the point of this was. They're inside, in a room presumably warmed by a fire.

I read a copy of the script, several months ago, parts of it I liked. Overall reading it made it look like a better movie than this god awful trailer.

dont even need to see the trailer. Its by Tarantino, and it has Kurt Russell in it+ Samuel Jackson. Will watch

I read a copy of the script, several months ago, parts of it I liked. Overall reading it made it look like a better movie than this god awful trailer.

I'm reading the script right now. Up to about page 40 so far (they just got to Minnie's). Still a lot to go but thus far I'm finding it entertaining as fuck. Pure Tarantino. I'm going to wait until I've finished the script before I watch the trailer but your comment is off-putting.

dont even need to see the trailer. Its by Tarantino, and it has Kurt Russell in it+ Samuel Jackson. Will watch

Pretty much.

I'm reading the script right now. Up to about page 40 so far (they just got to Minnie's). Still a lot to go but thus far I'm finding it entertaining as fuck. Pure Tarantino. I'm going to wait until I've finished the script before I watch the trailer but your comment is off-putting.

Pretty much.

Script reminded me of an extended version of a twilight zone episode or something like that.

I wasn't expecting much but more than that. I assumed the characters would be more distinguishable but they all look similar bundled in coats.

Script reminded me of an extended version of a twilight zone episode or something like that.

My understanding is that most of the story takes place in a single location. I generally don't like movies like that. And it's not Quentin's usual style. But I am always on board the QT bandwagon.

Want to be excited, but the trailer looks meh as fuck though

My understanding is that most of the story takes place in a single location. I generally don't like movies like that. And it's not Quentin's usual style. But I am always on board the QT bandwagon.

Resoivoir dogs

Can't wait. Trailers are trailers. Sometimes they look great n the movie sucks.

This is QT were talking about. He's earned our respects

Anticipation for this eclipsed only by Ep. 7. Can't wait.

More excited than excited. Might be more excited for this film than I have been for any other film in my life.

Why more excited for this one than any of QT's other movies?

Was really excited for Django. I was kind of young when the other stuff came out, not like really young, but too young to really appreciate good film making and acting. I have loved every one of his movies though. Plus Michael Madsen is my guy. The scene in Reservoir Dogs where he has the cop hostage is in my top 5 of favorite movie scenes ever.

Back