First Trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Anyone else like the trailer because of how little it gave away? Modern trailers show way too much, I loved that I learned a bit about the story and its characters and still have so many questions heading in.

Kurt Russell in another western, this one's gonna be good.

1241.gif

Was really excited for Django. I was kind of young when the other stuff came out, not like really young, but too young to really appreciate good film making and acting. I have loved every one of his movies though. Plus Michael Madsen is my guy. The scene in Reservoir Dogs where he has the cop hostage is in my top 5 of favorite movie scenes ever.

Interesting. I guess I was about 14 when Pulp Fiction first came out. My brother showed it to me and I loved it and I've been a QT fan ever since.

Interesting. I guess I was about 14 when Pulp Fiction first came out. My brother showed it to me and I loved it and I've been a QT fan ever since.

I was 3 when Pulp Fiction came out. My older brother got me Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs box set as a bday gift when I was about 13, about the time Kill Bill came out. I had already seen From Dusk til Dawn, one of my favorites, even though he just acts in it. Pulp Fiction is actually like 4th on my list of favorite QT films.

Trailer looks a bit boring, but I'm sure the movie will be pretty good.

Okay, well, I know just like two hours ago I mentioned that I was going to finish the script before watching the trailer, but fuck it. I wanted to be part of the conversation so I went ahead and checked it out.

And. . . I enjoyed it. I think it looks entertaining and a like a good new addition to the QT catalog. But I also suspect it's going to be one his more "lightweight" films. That is, a fun little time but it's not going to feel epic in scope in the same way that something like Kill Bill or Inglourious Basterds does.

I have to say, it's great to see Kurt Russell in this role. But on the other hand, I'm a bit tired of Sam Jackson. There's probably nothing to do be done about it, though. He and QT are a lifelong team.

Sam Jackson legitimizes Tarantino's wigger tendencies.

I was 3 when Pulp Fiction came out. My older brother got me Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs box set as a bday gift when I was about 13, about the time Kill Bill came out. I had already seen From Dusk til Dawn, one of my favorites, even though he just acts in it. Pulp Fiction is actually like 4th on my list of favorite QT films.

What does your list look like?

My understanding is that most of the story takes place in a single location. I generally don't like movies like that. And it's not Quentin's usual style. But I am always on board the QT bandwagon.

He moves it within the same room, like 12 angry men.

Trailer was perfect. It gave nothing away in regards to plot. I'm game.

1. Django Unchained
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Kill Bill 1
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Inglorious Bastards
6. Kill Bill 2
7. Death Proof
8. Jackie Brown

Hmm, interesting. . . Mine goes more like:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill (I think of them as a single movie)
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Jackie Brown
5. Django Unchained
6. Death Proof
7. Reservoir Dogs

The only one that I just don't really like and have no interest in watching again is Reservoir Dogs. I know that's probably sacrilege to QT fans but so be it. I think it's overrated. It's a great effort from a first time filmmaker, and maybe it's even a good movie, but I just don't like it.

I also think Django tends to be overrated by many fans. And I think Basterds tends to be underrated.

Hmm, interesting. . . Mine goes more like:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill (I think of them as a single movie)
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Jackie Brown
5. Django Unchained
6. Death Proof
7. Reservoir Dogs

The only one that I just don't really like and have no interest in watching again is Reservoir Dogs. I know that's probably sacrilege to QT fans but so be it. I think it's overrated. It's a great effort from a first time filmmaker, and maybe it's even a good movie, but I just don't like it.

I also think Django tends to be overrated by many fans. And I think Basterds tends to be underrated.

Well, I'd like to add that I rate all these movies highly and would re watch all of them. I love QT films, and I don't think he's made a bad movie yet. That's just how I rate them, I can see why Pulp Fiction is most people's favorite though, great movie. I just enjoyed the others I put above it a little more, basterds is a great film and I almost forgot about it when making my list.

Well, I'd like to add that I rate all these movies highly and would re watch all of them. I love QT films, and I don't think he's made a bad movie yet. That's just how I rate them, I can see why Pulp Fiction is most people's favorite though, great movie. I just enjoyed the others I put above it a little more, basterds is a great film and I almost forgot about it when making my list.

Yeah, like you say, all his movies are good. Even the movies at the bottom of my list (sans RD) are movies I enjoy quite a bit. I don't think he's ever made a "bad" movie, which is something very few directors can say. He's been one of the most consistent storytellers in Hollywood for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trailer was not very interesting. Will watch though.

Back