Firas Zahabi invites BJ Penn to come train at Tri Star.

Firas would probably try to get BJ down to 145, he's all about the size advantage

Montreal is way too cold for BJ.

and is BJ still fighting? Even at 155, all those guys will beat him.

That'd be awkward.

why, because GSP and Rory are there? so what? guys train with former opponents all the time.

I've long said that BJ is not done, and needs to do three things if he wants to get back to the top - ditch the fan club family and join a legit camp (like Tri-Star, or going back to his roots at Nova Uniao), drop back down to 155, and truly dedicate himself to being in the best shape possible.

I have no doubt BJ could be LW champ again...if he desires to put in the time and work.

why, because GSP and Rory are there? so what? guys train with former opponents all the time.

I've long said that BJ is not done, and needs to do three things if he wants to get back to the top - ditch the fan club family and join a legit camp (like Tri-Star, or going back to his roots at Nova Uniao), drop back down to 155, and truly dedicate himself to being in the best shape possible.

I have no doubt BJ could be LW champ again...if he desires to put in the time and work.

I agree with this. I hate that he has ruined some of his legacy by fighting guys at 170 that have a huge size advantage over him after he has passed his prime. He should drop to lightweight and get some #5-10 ranked fighters for a couple fights. They would still likely be very entertaining and competitive sill, as the division is stacked as hell

Would be a great move for BJ, but at this point in his career I don't think he'd do it. He wants to be by his family.

Apparently, at one point BJ sought Tristar strength and conditioning guru Jonathan Chaimberg, so it may not be as unheard or unlikely as some may think.

Would be awesome to see but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I'm pretty sure BJ hates everyone at Tri-Star.

GSP, Rory, Nate, Firas and Florian.

That and he has too much pride. Everything he has done HIS way has gotten him where he is today, championships and all.

BJ will tell Firas to go fuck himself again.

I think he does need to have a better camp though.

Firas would probably try to get BJ down to 145, he's all about the size advantage

So, I don't follow you. How is he all about size advantage? The entire sport is all about size advantage. He's not doing anything in that regard, that the rest of the sport isn't doing.

BJ has too much pride and is waaaaaaaaaaay too lazy to go to Montreal and actually train hard. Also, he wouldn't have his army of yes men who laugh at his unfunny jokes so yeah, that's just not happening.

Pretty much.

Would be an awesome move for BJ to go and train there but his ego will get in the way.

He needs to mix it up or retire. He still has the skillset to challenge anyone at LW. I'm not watching another BJ fight at 170. I refuse. They're too big and too strong...it's not like the old days when Hughes was the biggest kid on the block.

BJ is a spent force, his only remaing use is letting up and comers beat on him to raise their profile, and thats a damn shame.

Do it BJ!

Your fans want you to go back to 155 and be the champ again!

Back