Firas Zahabi invites BJ Penn to come train at Tri Star.

BJ will totally leave his familly and beaches behind to go train in MTL like he was a young broke hungry fighter who had yet to taste glory.

yup, mark my word, it will totally happen

Hmmm... Tropical paradise or the frozen north? I think BJ will choose the former.

BJ will totally leave his familly and beaches behind to go train in MTL like he was a young broke hungry fighter who had yet to taste glory.

yup, mark my word, it will totally happen

Or, he could go to Montreal to train in Montreal like an elite fighter, devoted to doing whatever it takes to be one of the best in the world.

I'm not sure why being young and broke is required.

GSP flies all over the world to spend time training with the people he thinks are going to make him the best he can be.

Is that...ummm...supposed to be...I dunno...funny? I see everyone laughing, but are they laughing cause what BJ said is supposed to be funny or did the window cleaner fall off his platform??

I don't think he's got it left in him to be a champion at lightweight regardless, but he could probably do top eight or so.

penn at a real camp and at 155 is dangerous, however i dont see penn doing this unfortunately, hes too proud and too lazy

I think one of the reasons why Penn is so lazy when it comes to training is the fact that he doesn't need the money the UFC pays him, he comes from a rich family.

Penn pretty much already have the perfect life. He lives in Hawaii and he has enough money to ensure that he doesn't need to work a day in his life.

LOL-Monty_Python_Applause.gif

I would be estatic. BJ at any good camp would be a huge force at 155. At tristar he would be unstoppable as long as he still has that fire. That being said, I think I have a better chance of having a winning lottery ticket.

Or, he could go to Montreal to train in Montreal like an elite fighter, devoted to doing whatever it takes to be one of the best in the world.

I'm not sure why being young and broke is required.

GSP flies all over the world to spend time training with the people he thinks are going to make him the best he can be.
They come from 2 completely different mindsets and life experiences. You can't just randomly exchange an easy life from money surrounded with yes-men with the world class work ethic and drive that GSP has shown.

And he's already been in the sport a long time, must be hard to muster up motivation in the first place.

There are more Cesar Gracie fighters than Tristar fighters who'd beat Penn.

Everything we have ever seen suggests BJ would learn a lot more training at Tristar.

Pretty sure this is common knowledge.

Is that...ummm...supposed to be...I dunno...funny? I see everyone laughing, but are they laughing cause what BJ said is supposed to be funny or did the window cleaner fall off his platform??

Here's your answer

he wouldn't have his army of yes men who laugh at his unfunny jokes so yeah, that's just not happening.

They come from 2 completely different mindsets and life experiences. You can't just randomly exchange an easy life from money surrounded with yes-men with the world class work ethic and drive that GSP has shown.

Well, I said it was never going to happen.

If BJ was serious about still fighting though, it would be an excellent move.

It's not just a question of "he won't," is it? Isn't it more that he *can't*? He's got his own academy, and I'm thinking it wouldn't help business much if he decided to go elsewhere.

It's not just a question of "he won't," is it? Isn't it more that he *can't*? He's got his own academy, and I'm thinking it wouldn't help business much if he decided to go elsewhere.

I doubt it would hurt his business much to spend some time training with one of the best camps in the world.

Back