Firas Zahabi invites BJ Penn to come train at Tri Star.

No way, no how.

Penn loves Hawaii and everything about it. I could see him maybe doing a week or two, but not full-time training or even for just one, full camp.

I doubt it would hurt his business much to spend some time training with one of the best camps in the world.

I dunno.... It's one thing to say, "I'm leaving the camp I'm affiliated to train elsewhere." It's quite another to say, "I'm leaving THE CAMP I OWN to train elsewhere." Because doesn't it suggest, oh, that there's a better camp out there?

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Oh well.

Don't do it BJ.

You don't need to sink down to their level.

Oh my god. I thought you could never say anything more unintelligent than your usual "lay & pray" crap, but you've really outdone yourself this time.

On the other hand, your comment does finally confirm, beyond any doubt, that you're just trolling. So now I can finally feel good about my decision to ignore you.

GSP is just trying to drain last bit of knowledge out of BJ. I hope BJ don't fall for this

Anything is possible...

PennHughesBike.jpg

...after Bj avenges losses but not before.

Lame attempt to win over BJ Penn fans.

That is all this is.

And so the white whale invited Ahab to hang out with him.

BJ's response was: "fsdkhtop" "fjcopukk" "bkjoprll"

The translators were perplexed until they found out he just had a mouthfull of spam and pineapple.

Oh my god. I thought you could never say anything more unintelligent than your usual "lay & pray" crap, but you've really outdone yourself this time.

On the other hand, your comment does finally confirm, beyond any doubt, that you're just trolling. So now I can finally feel good about my decision to ignore you.

I'm saying...joining them would go against everything BJ stood for. He would have to change his motto from "just scrap" to "just blanket" or "just jab" (depending on the opponent, that is).

I'm saying...joining them would go against everything BJ stood for. He would have to change his motto from "just scrap" to "just blanket" or "just jab" (depending on the opponent, that is).

"just win"?

Unfortunately for BJ even Tristar couldn't help him conquer the LW title again. Guys like Bendo, Pettis, Melendez and Edgar would still eat him.

True legend though.

Would be awesome if he accepted the offer. However, i highly doubt it. Im waiting on another retirement speech although i dont want one

I dunno.... It's one thing to say, "I'm leaving the camp I'm affiliated to train elsewhere." It's quite another to say, "I'm leaving THE CAMP I OWN to train elsewhere." Because doesn't it suggest, oh, that there's a better camp out there?

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Oh well.

You could be right, but I think so many fighters change up their training by spending time with other camps, I doubt it would be a huge problem. Also, spending time with another elite camp might increase what he brings to his own.

I have an even better idea for BJ. He should attend this:

262703_406960099384821_216505838_n.jpg

Zahabi AND Jackson plus the chance to spar with up and comer Rory MacDonald!

Come on BJ, only 300$ for the whole 2 days, you can afford it :icon_lol:

He's never going to do it.

1. Don't think he's motivated to train for mma anymore, and he never really was that hard a worker to begin with.

2. It's always very assuring for lazy people to hear; "you would be so good if you just applied yourself". He could always fall back on lack of motivation or cardio for his losses. If he had a world-class training camp and partners and he still loses his next fight he would have absolutely no excuse to fall back on.

Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a talented fighter, but perhaps he's not as good as he always thought. Besides cardio he always seemed to miss certain qualities that make a fighter truly great, things like tenacity and the ability to adapt during a fight.

Or he has a hot wife and babies and can't just pack up for Canada for 8 weeks

Most of us are too lazy to even go to BJJ a few times a week. This guy was a world champ in BJJ and MMA. He's not as lazy as you guys make him out to be. If he's lazy, I'm fucking Terry Schiavo

Back