Firas Zahabi invites BJ Penn to come train at Tri Star.

if bj went, it would show a lot of maturity, humility and modesty

this.
i wouldn't mind seeing him training with gsp and rory mac. hell, he trained with matt hughes after they fought.

Pretty easy to set this up. Just leave a trail of burrito's to the gym and have a couple of "yes" men ready for when he gets there and it'll feel like home before he knows it.

Not sure if Zahabi is serious. BJ is as done as 2 AM Waffle House steak.

Don't do it BJ.

You don't need to sink down to their level.

Last edited:
this would be HUGE... for GSP and Macdonald to be around greatness all the time.

So, I don't follow you. How is he all about size advantage? The entire sport is all about size advantage. He's not doing anything in that regard, that the rest of the sport isn't doing.

I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. Firas has said in the past that he thinks size is one of the most important aspects of MMA, while BJ said before the Rory fight that MMA is all about the small guy beating the big guy.

They have very different views on the issue so it would be interesting to see how that works out

Training at Tristar seems like a stretch, but if Penn still wants to compete, he should go to 155lb and train at Nova Uniao where he received his BJJ blackbelt.

Training with Jose Aldo will help Penn immensely.

As awkward as it can be, it would probably do WONDERS. Think of Marinovich BJ. That's what we'd see again.

Bj is too proud to do this as well seems he doesn't wanna cut 13 pounds (less than that because he usually has pants on when he weighs in) to go back to lw for some odd reason...

Like everyone else here, I can't see BJ doing it.

I wouldn't bash him though and say it's because he's a lazy bum.

He's already had a stellar career, maybe not the career his fan-boys would have liked him to have- but still a very solid career.

Fact is, his family, young children etc are in Hawaii, I suppose he wouldn't want to be away from them for very long if he didn't have to. God, I don't think I've ever rooted for Penn to win a fight, but he gets so much hate nowadays I find myself pulling for him. War Penn? Sounds weird haha

Like everyone else here, I can't see BJ doing it.

I wouldn't bash him though and say it's because he's a lazy bum.

He's already had a stellar career, maybe not the career his fan-boys would have liked him to have- but still a very solid career.

Fact is, his family, young children etc are in Hawaii, I suppose he wouldn't want to be away from them for very long if he didn't have to. God, I don't think I've ever rooted for Penn to win a fight, but he gets so much hate nowadays I find myself pulling for him. War Penn? Sounds weird haha

Great post. My exact thoughts. There is no more Edgar at 155. I would love for BJ to maybe regain his old form and make an another run at 155, but i do not think he has the desire anymore, and BJ's pride will not let him train at Tri-star. Whatever BJ decides, i wish him all the best and thank him for the memories.

It doesn't matter where he goes, he's never had much heart anyway.

Ive never been a fan of bj but bj @ lw and at tri star!!!! 155 would be in some trouble.

Super class move by Zahabi , as a fan I would love to see Bj take him up on the offer .
I don't think he would but I would love to see it

Back