Film about Jose Aldo being released - Pic of actor AS Jose "Scareface" Aldo

I watched a part of Raging Bull but had to turn it off because it was too horrible. I Havent seen Ali and probably never will. I have ,however, watched a number of documentaries on Muhammed Ali which were all great and interesting. I dont care two shits about some fictional story starring Will Smith playing Muhammed Ali

Raging Bull is one of the greatest films ever made. Give it another go

Nice little bit of info - this is the first film that the UFC are a production partner on (I think its the first - Anderson just had approval for his film)

Probably half the Brazilian fighters have gone through what hes gone through and most fighters were poor growing up.

I'm not an expert on the subject but I've heard that most old school Brazilian fighters had a pretty decent life. Shogun, Ninja, Marco Ruas, Pedro Rizzo, Machida, Gracies, Wand, Arona, Belfort were all middle class people. Anderson wasn't poor either. Brazilian friends say that, at the time, fighting was something for "playboys"... it was expensive to learn and didn't pay well. Things have changed in the last few years.

Probably his life-story, from growing up in a favela, leaving football to begin MMA. Maybe even how he got his scar.

It will about his childhood (getting dropped on the grill for his scar), growing up in the favela, leaving for Rio at 17 with nothing, his fighting career as it develops.

He actually has a pretty interesting story..

He's banging this everyday. Thats all you really need to know about the actor:

9146-debora-nascimento-620x0-2.jpg

When did Aldo start training BJJ? I've always read that he just suddenly moved to Rio at 17 and started training at Nova Uniao, but he was a black belt by like 2005 when he was 19. It doesn't seem to add up.

He first went to Rio when 14 for a BJJ oturny - his BJJ school already thought highly enough of him to get him to Rio. (I think this is right). When he came back with his own money he was 16? I guess the film will clarify everything

He first went to Rio when 14 for a BJJ oturny - his BJJ school already thought highly enough of him to get him to Rio. (I think this is right). When he came back with his own money he was 16? I guess the film will clarify everything

That makes more sense. True story is obviously different than favela kid who wants to play soccer decides to suddenly give it up for BJJ and moved to Rio to start training at Nova Uniao at age 17.

That makes more sense. True story is obviously different than favela kid who wants to play soccer decides to suddenly give it up for BJJ and moved to Rio to start training at Nova Uniao at age 17.

Well I think they are both correct and he has spoken about the experience in interviews. But in Manaus he lived in a very poor area. When he moved to Rio he lived in a Favela. Morro do Santo Amaro to be exact. A serious place especially at the time

Back