Film about Jose Aldo being released - Pic of actor AS Jose "Scareface" Aldo

What's this movie about? I mean I know it's about Jose Aldo but what's so interesting about his life that they're making a movie about it? Pretty awesome either way.

I thought the title made it pretty obvious. It's about Aldo finally getting released by the UFC and his life afterwards.

aldo may have one or two more scars after he tangles with mcgregor. it's definitely not guaranteed, but definitely possible

there are two different actors. malvino salvador aka kyra gracie husband left the role. The first pic is the one doing jose aldo role aka jose loreto.

Heard the release date got pushed back six months because the actor is a prima donna.

What's this movie about? I mean I know it's about Jose Aldo but what's so interesting about his life that they're making a movie about it? Pretty awesome either way.

OK. So he was raised in serious poverty but through sheer determination (and working jobs as a child) and after excelling at jujitsu and Capoeira he had the opotunity to travel to Rio to train with Pederneiras at Nova Uniao. He was so determined to become a MMA champion that he moved from Manaus by himself with no money after the air ticket. He landed in Rio and WALKED from the airport to the gym. He often went full days with no food saying nothing to anyone until friends at the gym would eventually bring food for him. He left his family behind to persue a dream to help them and could not visit them for years after. He trained like a mad man and was given a roof over his head by various friends in the gym, he ended up living in an extremely dangerous favela in the midst of gang wars and military incursions and continued on his path of absolute destruction to become one of the greatest MMA athletes on the planet and an inspiration to Brazils urban poor eventually buying his family in Manaus a house. This story good enough for you?

Last edited:
there are two different actors. malvino salvador aka kyra gracie husband left the role. The first pic is the one doing jose aldo role aka jose loreto.

Kyra has a husband????? Boooooo that man! :D - Second guy is better for the role anyway

scaryface doe?

Jose_Aldo01.jpeg

Probably half the Brazilian fighters have gone through what hes gone through and most fighters were poor growing up.

You sound salty.

And no, half the fighters didn't show up to the gym penniless, starving and willing to clean the mats in exchange for some lessons.

Back