Reaction score
jose_loreto.jpg

aldo3.jpg

This pic not from the set so not meant to look like Jose

25508-a-diapo-1.jpg

Actor here:
https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Loreto

Last edited:
That guy looks nothing like Jose, but damn if they didn't get the scar down pat. Looks just like the one on Jose's mug. Looking forward to the movie.

What's this movie about? I mean I know it's about Jose Aldo but what's so interesting about his life that they're making a movie about it? Pretty awesome either way.

Here's a picture of Aldo and his actor together

4i094z.png

Also a cute pic of Joana Aldo,just wanted to share

9j3wv4.jpg

Last edited:
Of all the fighters to make a film about they pick Aldo?

Scareface, huh?

You sure this movie aint about Hector Lombard?

What's this movie about? I mean I know it's about Jose Aldo but what's so interesting about his life that they're making a movie about it? Pretty awesome either way.

I think the only things everyone knows about him:

1) His sister accidentally threw him onto a hot grill when he was a baby, causing his scar

2) His coaches would have to give him food when he came into the gym to train, because he often hadn't eaten in several days.

Not saying that alone isn't worthy of a movie, but I'm really interesting in hearing his story since he doesn't speak English and hasn't been marketed very well in the U.S.

Very few UFC fighter has experienced what Aldo been through in his life. It will be more of a drama movie.

If the films main topic was just a man moving up the ladder in his MMA career....Well...You still would be wrong.

But WTF with casting a 39 yo actor to play a 28 yo guy in his earlier life? Either this Malvino Salvador guy must be the Amitabh Bacchan/Eric Estrada of Brazil, or the producers figured Aldo's had a rough life and they wanted someone who looked weathered.

I think their is some more interesting brazilian fighters they could of done it on. Anderson immediately comes to mind

Very few UFC fighter has experienced what Aldo been through in his life. It will be more of a drama movie.

If the films main topic was just a man moving up the ladder in his MMA career....Well...You still would be wrong.

Probably half the Brazilian fighters have gone through what hes gone through and most fighters were poor growing up.

Probably half the Brazilian fighters have gone through what he's gone through and most fighters were poor growing up.

Doubt it.

There's poor,and there is REALLY poor. 'Unable to buy any food' poor

I heard the actor has pulled out of half of his other movies as well. Brilliant casting

Probably his life-story, from growing up in a favela, leaving football to begin MMA. Maybe even how he got his scar.

Back