Fighters who got hit hard by a strike and didn't get knocked out?

randleman-suplexes-fedor-o.gif
Came here for this. Technically not a strike, but I really thought Fedor had broken his neck, then all of a sudden he won. Insane.

Newton taking Pele's knee. He actually came back and won the fight by submission too. I don't have the GIF, but it was fucking insane.

This! Newton doesn't get enough credit for his chin. I brought this fight up in another thread. He eats like 20 knees lol.

bisping ate some major h-bombs that didnt quite ko him (this year)

Couture absorbed a ton of monster shots like nothing prior to his first KO loss.

nate is pretty much a punching bag. his granite head keeps him in fights. he's taken hundreds of ko shots and kept coming.

No love for Wonderboy surviving the 2 overhand rights from Woodley? Especially the 2nd one that dropped him while he had a "shad" esque face.

Don't have the gif but pretty sure it shows the 2nd overhand in the UFC 205 Fight Motion vid.

Still have no idea how Shields, of all people, survived the H-Bomb
Shields had/has a decent chin. His striking was never all that good, but he could usually survive on the feet. Really the one exception was when he got TKO'd by Ellenberger two weeks after his father died. He also got TKO'd one other time really early in his career, but I don't know the circumstances of that. Still, only finished twice by strikes in 41 fights over 16 years (he has a fight scheduled with Fitch in 3 days which will be his 42nd fight in 17 years).

Condit's head kick on GSP
Georges doesn't get a lot of credit for his chin because of the Serra fight. But he was still conscious after all that punishment. He chose to tap at the end. It also made people question his heart. But he actually did go on to show heart in later fights like Condit and Hendricks. Increasing his mental toughness helped allow him to become champ again and then keep it for as long as he did.

Georges doesn't get a lot of credit for his chin because of the Serra fight. But he was still conscious after all that punishment. He chose to tap at the end. It also made people question his heart. But he actually did go on to show heart in later fights like Condit and Hendricks. Increasing his mental toughness helped allow him to become champ again and then keep it for as long as he did.

Well said, you're right GSP has never been slept ever. He was TKO by Serra, overwhelmed by punches and tapped. He lived to more than redeem himself in the rematch by battering Serra in a vicious beating which I loved. He was bucking those knees into Serra's body haha Really dragged out the beating

Back