Fighters who got hit hard by a strike and didn't get knocked out?

arlovksi_sylvia2.gif

Yup! This shot was BRUTAL! If I'm not mistaken, Sylvia won too, right?

Edit: Arlovski threw a perfect right straight. He pivoted, he used his hips, he did everything right. Man, this has to take the cake, this or the Nelson/Black Beast one.

Shields had/has a decent chin. His striking was never all that good, but he could usually survive on the feet. Really the one exception was when he got TKO'd by Ellenberger two weeks after his father died. He also got TKO'd one other time really early in his career, but I don't know the circumstances of that. Still, only finished twice by strikes in 41 fights over 16 years (he has a fight scheduled with Fitch in 3 days which will be his 42nd fight in 17 years).

I guess I was more thinking on the lines of that Shields is one of the few times when Hendo had a clear size advantage over his opponent

Edit: Arlovski threw a perfect right straight. He pivoted, he used his hips, he did everything right. Man, this has to take the cake, this or the Nelson/Black Beast one.
I was just thinking something very similar. That's a punch you don't see many HWs throwing these days with it's form, accuracy and power. God was it fast. AA has some serious boxing.

anyway the hardest strike i seen that apparently did NOTHING was Mirkos high kick to Mark Hunt in Pride. I still dont get it. Makes no sense.

Kongo vs Pat? Kongo got almost knocked out like 7 times before returning the favor.

Also every Big Country fight over the last few years.

Plus Pettis vs Smooth

Pele landi johns knee to a ducking Carlos newton,and carlos just gives him a thumbs up instead of dying. Dont get it.

Giving Whittaker a mention for surviving that Hester spinning backfist like it wasn't a thing. Fairly sure he got flush kicked in the face by Hall too. And survived the Brunson Bomb Barrage.

Here is mine. Cro Cop vs Hunt

53166_o.gif

Not many fighters can survive a high kick from Cro Cop and not get knocked out.

Ronda eating that headkick from Holly was insane.

Oh wait sorry, forgot that she did get absolutely KTFO by that one.

Here is mine. Cro Cop vs Hunt

53166_o.gif

Not many fighters can survive a high kick from Cro Cop and not get knocked out.
Hunto even leans in to it. Maybe he slipped on a banana peel and we're looking at an optical illusion. No one has any business staying awake after that headkick.

Carlos Newton eating that Pele knee.

The entire Gary Goodridge vs Yatsu fight.

Roy Nelson getting beat on for three rounds by Cigano. He literally ate JDS shots for fifteen minutes.

Back