Fighters That You Think That Were Unfairly Treated by the UFC

Madsen, Lindland, and Marquardt come to mind in the UFC, but under the Zuffa banner the whole Golden Glory/Strikeforce thing baffled me...specifically with a top female fighter such as Marloes Coenen

Im not gonna shed a tear for the fighters. They signed the bottom line. Theres nothing worse than a whiny, crybaby fighter. Its like Jon Fitch....his style sucks and hes boring. I dont blame the UFC for not giving him a title shot. They wouldnt make money with the guy as champ. Therefore when he bitches hes not getting a fair shake, i can give a shit. Learn to end fights and maybe people will want to watch you!

preach on, man.

Sylvia....and even though i'm a Diaz fan, Hendricks is getting screwed outta his title shot

For everyone saying Sylvia, I hope you realize that he asked the UFC to let him out of his contract early (so he could fight Fedor) and they granted his request. They could have made him sit out the remainder of his contract with no fights, if they wanted to. They were anything but unfair to him. Learn some facts before you spout off bullshit.

Falcao!! Cut after a domestic violence 10 years prior where....Rampage had a Rampage,B.J struck a cop, Jones's DUI crash, Lebens multiple stunts etc

good call.. I really want Falcao back in the UFC.. its unfortunate that he was cut after a win..

Junior Dos Santos - The man had to fight his way up the entire HW ladder before he got his title shot.

LOL.. nice one.. but I guess Cain also had a good win streak before getting a title shot, though JDS has a tougher schedule..

I never understood why they cut Killa B. Also I thought Gono got a raw deal, he won his first fight, lost a controversial one to Hardy and then got Fitch'd, they shoulda gave him another chance.

Babalu... he really didn't hold it too much longer after the ref tried to to get him off. Ya he put the dude out intentionally and admitted it and had no remorse, but give me a break. Tell me honestly that Paul Harris hasn't held onto a heel hook longer...

Maiquel Falcao for sure.....
He looked pretty good in his first UFC fight.. He actualy wont that fight via RNC. Since the cut he still 5-1.

BJJ black belt
Solid stand up skill
pretty good shape
cuts alot of weight.

falcao-41.jpg

falcao-7.jpg

Matt Lindland - regarded as one of if not THE best middleweight in the world pre-Anderson's ascension. He wasnt good looking and popular like GSP (even though they have a very similar grinding style) and fought to be paid fairly so they exiled him.

Charlie Brenneman

He stepped up on late notice more than once as a favor the UFC, had a pretty tough line up, and had a couple questionable stoppages. The Spanaird didn't deserve to be cut imo.

Charlie did what he could to help the UFC. They did what they could to help him by not cutting him much earlier. He seems like a talented wrestler, but his only wins are by laying on guys, and he looked very bad in several of his losses.

What do you mean why? He's not a contender, never will be, so why not let him have some fun fights with strikers instead of serving as a stepping stone for young wrestlers.

So you think he is being treated unfairly because he isn't being given match-ups he can win? I can understand how a Lil Nog fan could complain, but it isn't exactly unfair. What do you want them to do, make sure everyone gets the same ratio of strikers vs wrestlers? Lol.

IIRC, wasn't Falcao's problem a legal issue with a past conviction? I can see why the UFC tells the guy "Fix your shit, then let us know".

Back