Fighters That You Think That Were Unfairly Treated by the UFC

Charlie Brenneman

He stepped up on late notice more than once as a favor the UFC, had a pretty tough line up, and had a couple questionable stoppages. The Spanaird didn't deserve to be cut imo.

Paul Daley & Miguel Torres because their punisments were totally arbitary and Dana lets other fighters get away with equal deeds see Forrest Griffin.

Daley got exactly what was desrved.

Torres being cut was an over reaction, but at least Dana came around and brought him back. Getting cut again after his performances in the UFC was justifiable.

Jon Fitch as well. He makes for a super exciting fight against Georges. I would love to see them rematch it up.

Rumble. Not so much by the ufc but big Dan. Those were some VERY fast standups Dan.

Charlie Brenneman

He stepped up on late notice more than once as a favor the UFC, had a pretty tough line up, and had a couple questionable stoppages. The Spanaird didn't deserve to be cut imo.

This is legit. Brenneman should not have been cut. I thought that was BS. Guess he shouldn't have spoken badly against Dana's golden boy, Jones.

Jon Fitch as well. He makes for a super exciting fight against Georges. I would love to see them rematch it up.

I'm with you in the minority on Fitch. But that is just it, we are a minority. A ton of people, like Dana, just do not like Fitch. And admittedly, Fitch is the anti-money maker, in that his style is unexciting to a lot of people. A guy like Fitch is not, if you are in the business of MMA, want as your champion. He is the opposite of Fedor/Silva. Of course, some could argue that GSP is kind a Fitch in some ways too. At least GSP has good striking.

Sylvia....and even though i'm a Diaz fan, Hendricks is getting screwed outta his title shot

Sylvia....and even though i'm a Diaz fan, Hendricks is getting screwed outta his title shot

Sylvia fucked the UFC though. I don't think he is ever coming back. He sold out for Affliction.

Arlovski and Sylvia were treated unfairly.

Antonio McKee was the black version of GSP (point fighter) and got cut after 1 loss.

Also, GSP is treated unfairly in a bad way. As soon as people started talking about GSP vs Silva, UFC shills started circulated photoshopped size comparison pics around Sherdog to propogate his "size" myth so their biggest ppv earner wouldnt be KOed.

Keith Jardine was given many losses before he got released. Akiyama is given alot of leeway also due to popularity.

Nice try troll! Except McKee was a loudmouth always complaining about the UFC saying he was better than their champ, when he got his shot he lost. If you bite the hand that feeds you don't expect more food.

Lindland got passed over like a leper by the UFC.
Werdum getting a pay cut and not renewing his contract.
That was freaking stupid.
Definitely Hendricks.
Big time. He got screwed like few have been screwed before by the UFC.
Sylvia fucked the UFC though. I don't think he is ever coming back. He sold out for Affliction.
1. Fighters aren't loyal to a company, they are loyal to the almighty dollar.
2. Companies aren't loyal to fighters, they are loyal to the almighty dollar.

For the UFC to expect a fighter not to sign with another organization offering more money is not just nuts, but the opposite of how business in all sports related activities work. You didn't see the NFL punish former XFL players for doing that; if they had, we would have never seen Steve Young or Reggie White in the NFL. The NFL also would have screwed over all the great AAFL and AFL players (many of which became Hall of Famers), too.

What happened to Sylvia is more proof that the UFC and their (mis)management are immature, and without drastic changes, they will never be to MMA what the NFL is to football (where 99.999% of the top NFL talent outside of college are already in the NFL).

Falcao!! Cut after a domestic violence 10 years prior where....Rampage had a Rampage,B.J struck a cop, Jones's DUI crash, Lebens multiple stunts etc
Don't forget that Rampage also sexually harassed a reporter. That guy gets so much leeway with the UFC despite being such a terrible person, it's ridiculous. Meanwhile, like you said, Falcao got cut for ancient history. By that standards, Jon Jones could be cut for ditching school when he was in middle school.
Nate Marquardt all the way.
Definitely. He should have never been cut, and the bald man should not have gone off on him on television like that.
Its kinda similar to Chael's TRT shit. Nate even tested in the limits the day of the fight. His release had nothing to do with steroids. Just just not hitting the right levels a couple days before the fight and Penn. AC didn't like it. If Nate had choice words for Dana then good for him, Nate's a beast. By and large the worst cut ever imo.
Yeah, agreed. Nate is a beast, and Dana ought to be cussed and chewed out. Considering how much that short fat bald dude insults actual fighters, he should be thankful he's a MMA promoter instead of a boxing promoter, because assaults are more common amongst big name boxers than big name mixed martial artists.

Keith Jardine was given many losses before he got released.
He got cut after winning "Fight of the Night." I'm sorry, but if you win "Fight of the Night," you shouldn't get cut unless you have a huge contract.
Jon Madsen - was cut after going 4-1.
And to think it was a doctor's stoppage. Unless it was something physically wrong with him. I know ever since he signed with Bellator he's been out with injury. Still, even injured, he should have been given another chance, considering those solid wins and the fact that the UFC HW division is flimsy weak.

I was reading the other thread about why Werdum left the UFC after his KO loss to JDS and some said that the UFC was unfairly treating him because he was about to get a title shot but was step over by Brock. while they gave him a fight with a then unknown JDS who is a high risk-low reward for his career.

So, do you know any other fighter that was given this same treatment?

I am not sure if the Zuffa already owns UFC at that time when Couture was still a HW champ. I heard rumors that the UFC wanted Randy out of his title thats why he was given a tough schedule like Pedro Rizzo. Fortunately Randy still beat him twice but unlucky in his fight with the juiced Barnett..

Hendo comes to mind.
But I agree on Zuffa's point of view. hendo was getting old and wanted a lot of money even though he lost his title shots. They thought he was not worth that much money.

Hendo went to SF and became the champ, then came back after beating none other than Fedor....

Back