fighters that don't deserve the crap they take

ironfist05

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
who are fighters who get a lot of undeserved crap?
here are mine

Rampage: dude talks a lot, probably too much, but he always goes out there to entertain the fans, and has had a lot of injuries to deal with. Plus he's one of the greatest LHW's the sport has ever seen

Tim Sylvia: I feel like he gets a lot of crap for nothing. Yeah he was a dick and got busted for roids, but he seems like a genuinely changed person now and people seem to forget that he was a pretty good HW for his time (I'll admit his mohawk/sideburns look was atrocious though). Plus people give him shit for leaving the UFC for Affliction, but that's business, it happens

Jens Pulver: I'll admit he should probably retire, but he won't, and the guy was a great fighter and he's one of the reasons we even have a LW division.

Jon Jones: people are angry because he comes off as fake, and because he smashes all their favorite LHW's and because he looks unstoppable and because he has a massive reach/size advantage and because of teh whole UFC 151 fiasco, but he works VERY hard to be the best and he has been one of the most active champions in recent memory

others?

don't get why people hate rashad

I think most fighters don't deserve the shit they get.

The only guys I can see catching backlash are guys like Clay Guida, but even that's a bit harsh. I mean his last fight was historically horrible, but he's been in some great fights. It's true that most of them were him getting beat on, but it still stands true.

Shogun. Nicest guy in the world, warrior in the cage.

Totally agree.

And also Rashad. Rashad's a great fighter, and he's probably the best personality outside of the cage. He's really even better than Chael, who's great also. Rashad's intelligent, subtle, well-spoken, and always carries himself well. He gets a little nasty in fights with the taunting and whatever, but it doesn't happen often, and it's important that it's still a cage fight. Hard to be a gentlemen under those circumstances, and it's usually part of one of his plans.

Sylvia. Has one of the best resumes in HW history and no one wants to admit it.

Bisping does not deserve All the hate he gets(it seems like he wants it sometimes)
Guida (one fight warrior->runner)
Rory (only a kid, he will grow up)

Totally agree.

And also Rashad. Rashad's a great fighter, and he's probably the best personality outside of the cage. He's really even better than Chael, who's great also. Rashad's intelligent, subtle, well-spoken, and always carries himself well. He gets a little nasty in fights with the taunting and whatever, but it doesn't happen often, and it's important that it's still a cage fight. Hard to be a gentlemen under those circumstances, and it's usually part of one of his plans.

The dislike of taunting and showmanship among MMA fans is funny to me. Rashad is one of the few interesting personalities out there, it seems.

The dislike of taunting and showmanship among MMA fans is funny to me. Rashad is one of the few interesting personalities out there, it seems.

Totally agree. Dude's super smart, hard-working, and people seem to gravitate toward him outside of the cage.

I think Rashad could have succeeded at anything in life he would've ever wanted to try.

For the most part fighters just get too much shit. I'm a fan of fights not press conferences and interviews. I only put up with that because there's always a time gap between fights as the previous fighters leave the octagon and the next set walk in.

I don't want to get to know a guy's story as much as I want to see'em show off some sick fighting skills. I admit like everybody else I got my favorites but when it's all said and done I try to respect fighters for their fighting and not their "personality"

Jonathan brookins, he is an amazing human being and leaves it all in the cage love thay guy and will be a fan of him in what ever he decides to do in life. With that being said, no fighter deserves any crap, it take a lot to be a fighter , and no one will ever know what that is, no matter what you say, unless ur a fighter PERIOD!

Back