fighter says aljaimain sterling signed with one fc

Fighters need to look out for themselves since the UFC and the MMA community won't.

Since he tagged Dana and the ufc I'm pretty sure he resigned there.

Yup; if this guy really did spoil the ONE signing news ahead of time, i'd hate to be him at the gym next week. I think the only thing he did was confirm it WON'T be ONE.

1- Join a bush league
2- Beat bums spectacularly
3- Make a name for yourself
4- Come back to the UFC as a dominant champion from another org
5- ????
6- PROFIT !

solid plan, but he needs to hit it hard for max 3 years and then come back. idk if he can really do that in OneFC, in fact, it may just hurt him in the long run. It might give him some play with Bellator though, although that is one helluva long route back to the UFC. IF he ever makes it back. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't some ploy to get leverage for his UFC contratct.

He has to go where the money is. Im not mad at him. We all have bills to pay.

It's every 6 months. Don't know how I pressed 2
Oh okay, that would make more sense.

Still lots and lots of guys complaining about being shelved these days. Demetrious, Justin Scoggins, Cub Swanson come to mind. It's a known company wide problem now that UFC has cut back on number of cards per year.

Well, not quite.

Remember one of the reasons UFC had a breaking record year is because of Ronda Rousey who happens to be a woman and who was it that said women would never fight in the UFC? Who was it that didn't want women in the UFC?

That'd be Dana, it was also Dana who put Aljo on the prelims and Sage in the co-main event and it was also Dana who threw his best fighter under the bus and blamed him for an event being cancelled. People didn't buy those fighters or go to the fights to see Dana they went to see the fighters he has pretty much zero to do with the UFC's success.

It was also Dana who was against TUF which pretty much saved the UFC so let's stop acting like Dana is a critical part of the UFC when he in fact is very replaceable and should have been replaced a long time ago.

When you said he could beat Aljo I was thinking the guy was a legit prospect, I wasn't aware his best win was the grossly overrated Maximo Blanco who got exposed about four years ago in SF. I'm afraid he's gonna have to do a lot more before we talk about him as a legit prospect let alone one of the best at 135 because beating Blanco certainly isn't anything special.
I know a good fighter when I see one, and Sanders is clearly a guy who can be a top guy in his division.

Hate on Dana, but calling him an "awful promoter" when UFC just had a record breaking year is hysterically stupid.

True but he's not investing in any real, up and coming talent. He's putting it all into a select few fighters and when they fall or move on, the UFC will fall HARD.

True but he's not investing in any real, up and coming talent. He's putting it all into a select few fighters and when they fall or move on, the UFC will fall HARD.
Hasn't happened yet and probably won't anytime soon. They dominate this market regardless of where some former talent may or may not go.

1- Join a bush league
2- Beat bums spectacularly
3- Make a name for yourself
4- Come back to the UFC as a dominant champion from another org
5- ????
6- PROFIT !

That's actually not a bad idea. The former strike force and other organization fighters generally seem to make more money in the UFC than guys that were in the UFC making a name for themselves.

lol @ people saying "He'll get money fighting bums" when Bibiano Fernandes, a top Bantamweight, fights there as well as several up and comers.

I hope Aljo gets paid either way, guy deserves it.

Bellator is increasing its events by 50% this year
Didn't know that. That's good, there are a few fighters that I like to see fighting but it's so rare and I always miss the events.

But, but, he's a top 5 guy moving up, isn't that the kinda guy Dana said is worth paying?

I hope not. Just goes to show how pathetic the UFC is.

On top of the fatfuck's comments about Henderson. Lol

So is he gonna fight in (choose: Pride, Honor, Challenge, Rise) of (Champions, Challengers, Warriors)?

Fcuking OneFC.

Fighters need to look out for themselves since the UFC and the MMA community won't.
If he doesn't want to fight for pennies he should find another career!

Crazy how "fans" have no problem with great fighters just leaving the sport.

If he doesn't want to fight for pennies he should find another career!

Crazy how "fans" have no problem with great fighters just leaving the sport.

He can find another career....that attitude towards prospective MMA fighters will kill the sport.

Fans have to stop assuming MMA fighters cannot find another career.

This would be shit, to be fair. Props if he's getting a big payday but ONE FC isn't the place to be for undefeated prospects, they have absolutely no depth.

Back