fighter says aljaimain sterling signed with one fc

He's been posturing for more money from the UFC for at least a year. I remember him threatening to become a full-time teacher on the MMA Hour because of money. Benson said OneFC came with the 2nd strongest offer behind Bellator but better than the UFC's offer as well. Probably a big difference in money. How does the UFC try to negotiate incentive based contracts when they directly control everything it's ridiculous. Sucks they should have offered him more if this is true.

BTW I think he'd be pissed if he built up the drama of him announcing his decision tomorrow and some no name from his gym leaked the details

For sure; it is just too douchey of a move for me to believe it's real. I'm actually more confident that he won't sign with ONE after reading it than I was before reading it.

Could be smart, Askren claims he gets great money fighting for them.

Only if they are injured. Ufc is contractually obligated to offer their fighters a fight every 2 months
Rory had one fight in 2015 and none scheduled so far this year.
Saffiedine had no fights in 2015 at all.
Woodley one fight 2015, none scheduled this year.

Last edited:
I remember hearing it was 3/year, and that was part of the reason for trimming the roster back a year or two ago. I'll see if I can find a source.

I think it might be 3x a year for a 10/10 (or 12/12) so they are guaranteed a certain amount of $$$.
I think once they get passed that, the deals change depending on the fighter and the contract.
This is another reason why AC reported pay is lower than the actual amount they get after actually fighting.
Tag me in the post if you find that link man - thanks

That'd be a bummer. Taking a quick paycheque and a quick slide into obscurity... He has the chance to be somebody in the UFC.

I'm fine with that as long as he's able to stay active. There's good fights for him in One, Road, and Rizin.

That'd be a bummer. Taking a quick paycheque and a quick slide into obscurity... He has the chance to be somebody in the UFC.

It might not have been his choice really.
It seems like a few in here bought into his 'social media' that everyone was after him, but some said the interest was luke warm.
Coker said himself that they are only going after proven ratings getters and don't have the budget to go after those who are not.

It might not have been his choice really.
It seems like a few in here bought into his 'social media' that everyone was after him, but some said the interest was luke warm.
Coker said himself that they are only going after proven ratings getters and don't have the budget to go after those who are not.
Oh I don't think many people were after him at all. I actually read that even One FC wasn't that interested. The UFC must've offered him peanuts.

Oh I don't think many people were after him at all. I actually read that even One FC wasn't that interested. The UFC must've offered him peanuts.

Thank you. I am glad you understood that as well.
I mean he could go to Bellator, but it isn't like they went into a bidding war for him.

Fedor never fought in the UFC. You don't have to be a UFC fighter to be a legend in this sport.

Well I watch ONE C and a few other orgs and can respect good fighters on technique not if they are in the UFC or some other bullshit method of determining who is or isn't a good fighter so I don't really care where he goes I will watch a crazy funk dude that arm triangles people from bottom.

Hate on Dana, but calling him an "awful promoter" when UFC just had a record breaking year is hysterically stupid.

Well, not quite.

Remember one of the reasons UFC had a breaking record year is because of Ronda Rousey who happens to be a woman and who was it that said women would never fight in the UFC? Who was it that didn't want women in the UFC?

That'd be Dana, it was also Dana who put Aljo on the prelims and Sage in the co-main event and it was also Dana who threw his best fighter under the bus and blamed him for an event being cancelled. People didn't buy those fighters or go to the fights to see Dana they went to see the fighters he has pretty much zero to do with the UFC's success.

It was also Dana who was against TUF which pretty much saved the UFC so let's stop acting like Dana is a critical part of the UFC when he in fact is very replaceable and should have been replaced a long time ago.

When you said he could beat Aljo I was thinking the guy was a legit prospect, I wasn't aware his best win was the grossly overrated Maximo Blanco who got exposed about four years ago in SF. I'm afraid he's gonna have to do a lot more before we talk about him as a legit prospect let alone one of the best at 135 because beating Blanco certainly isn't anything special.

Back