Fentanyl is killing America

If someone wants to snort plutonium have at it

Like plutonium, the issue with Fentenyl is that it has a high likelihood of hurting innocent people. Cops and police dogs have died/OD’d from simply coming into accidental contact with it.

People need to reject libertarianism and embrace conservatism and common sense.

Life really isn’t that difficult if you stay sober and rational and make better decisions.

Well... this is a touchy subject. Libertarians tend to straddle both American parties according to which one better serves their self interests, which is to say that they aren't as a rule Conservative. Joe Rogan for example is more of a left leaning libertarian.

But as a rule Libertarians are a part of the problem. They are a party, a movement, who's aim is merely self enrichment and self indulgence. I would wager to say that part of the problem with politics in America nowadays is the invasion of what is essentially a third party into the system, Libertarians, who've blurred the lines between liberalism and conservatism. These people are carpetbaggers, interlopers, and have really brought nothing to the table over the last 20-30 years. They aren't looking out for the little guy, but rather, looking out for the rich. And these fucks occupy seats in both parties which is why it's hard to get rid of them.

Wow running all the way back to the 1970s with this war on drugs bullshit. Been going on for 50+ years. Another war that America won't be winning

My uncle died of it.

Fuck China and their knock off Fentynal multi pronged cold war.

My cousin hurt her back and was in chronic pain. After her doc said she was abusing Vicodin, she went to black market. Died a month later from fentanyl cut opioids. Shit is lethal

The worst part of all of this is when Purdue Pharma said outright that Oxycontin was not addictive at all. They knew 100% that it was but lied to the general public in order to sell the shit. As well the biggest contributing factor to the now opioid epidemic we are seeing here in the United States is due to doctors in the 90's over-prescribing opioid pain medication. They were prescribing that shit like it was candy. I would need more than 2 hands to count the amount of people I know personally who have died because of opioids. I myself even became addicted to them. I'm clean now but damn that shit really took a hold of my life for awhile.
I suspect that they've cracked down on this but even into the 2000s it was ridiculously easy to go online with a credit card, get some "doctor" to approve your prescription for hydrocodone, and get high quality pills in the mail. Of course the pharma companies damn well knew what was going on but somehow ($$$$ I figure) haven't been held properly accountable.

I don't think you could say that I was addicted to pills specifically so much as I was at the time addicted to whatever I could get my hands on but pills seemed really hard to come off of after a prolonged period of indulgence. Congrats on beating that addiction bro, much respect, I really mean that.

Sell oxy over the counter and tax it. They can work for their fix like smokers and drinkers.

Vice taxes is the one tax I agree with.

well, just be safe
Of course, I don't put anything harmful in my body other than an overabundance of carbs during the holidays!
Sell oxy over the counter and tax it. They can work for their fix like smokers and drinkers.

Vice taxes is the one tax I agree with.

That'll only work if Oxy is as cheap as alcohol and cigarettes are relatively speaking and if it goes that cheap, people will still overdose on Oxy. And if it doesn't get that cheap, then people will commit crimes to acquire the money for it.

The only thing proven to work is giving addicts legal, free lifetime access to opiods.

MF0qT3I.gif

"the only thing"
"proven to work"

either, really.

lolz @ giving addicts free opiods for life magically "working." enablement is the solution! wait, what? that's retarded. it's just giving them free supply.

i live in philly, which seems to still be the fentanyl capital of the usa. our librarians carry narcan.

personally, i have no sympathy for any of the junkies and i really don't care if people who refuse to care for themselves OD. it seems like basic responsibility/karma/darwinism.

i'm more concerned for the innocent people that dosed from it unknowingly via skin contact.

MF0qT3I.gif

"the only thing"
"proven to work"

either, really.

lolz @ giving addicts free opiods for life magically "working." enablement is the solution! wait, what? that's retarded. it's just giving them free supply.

i live in philly, which seems to still be the fentanyl capital of the usa. our librarians carry narcan.

personally, i have no sympathy for any of the junkies and i really don't care if people who refuse to care for themselves OD. it seems like basic responsibility/karma/darwinism.

i'm more concerned for the innocent people that dosed from it unknowingly via skin contact.
Wouldn't that depend on the opioid, isn't Methadone/suboxone a treatment for addiction to heroin/oxy and the like?

I see billboards in town (Columbia SC) advertising for those substances as treatments for addiction to these type of drugs.

Wouldn't that depend on the opioid, isn't Methadone/suboxone a treatment for addiction to heroin/oxy and the like?

I see billboards in town (Columbia SC) advertising for those substances as treatments for addiction to these type of drugs.

it's a treatment, whether it's a good treatment or etc is up for debate. i don't know how effective it is at getting people off opiods/opiates vs having them just addicted to them and perpetually taking methadone, instead.

regardless, the push for injection sites (which i oppose) seems to indicate that even the junkies/activists/etc don't want methadone.

Back