Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Fentanyl is killing America

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Andrei Orlovski, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM.

1. Andrei Orlovski UFC black belt

Millions of people losing their jobs cuz of COVID lockdowns, many will lose their homes, end up in the streets and start taking drugs.
    Around 70,000 Americans die from drug overdose every year. Countless die from other stuff related to drugs.

How can Trump or Biden end the drug epidemic?

2. Limit Smasher Brown Belt

Trump declared the opioid crisis a National Emergency in 2017 and has been putting a lot of effort into stopping the scourge of fentanyl.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/opioids/

Biden likely doesn't even know what Fentanyl is.

3. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

Doesn't it come from China?

4. Chest Rockwell Brown Belt

The only thing proven to work is giving addicts legal, free lifetime access to opiods. Research shows that they will get help and recovery whilst limiting all the crime, violence, std transmission, etc that's always associated with the dilemma.

paperclip101, Tobacco, Rod1 and 13 others like this.
  5. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

Fentanyl killed Tom Petty. For that alone it is the devil incarnate.

Tobacco, FinalFight, BIKES! and 3 others like this.
  6. PajamaSnugz White Belt

Opiods are too loosely prescribed in America for anything to ever really be done about it. As long as pharmaceutical companies keep making customers out of young adults they’ll always find their way into the streets. America consumes 90% of the opiate pharmaceuticals produced in the entire world.

7. jefferz Gold Belt

And Prince

8. vengeful Black Belt

Blame the addicts. Personal responsibility.

With that said I have 40 and 80 mg oxycodone pills.

Swoliosis likes this.
  9. Satanical Eve Cro Cop's Left Leg Platinum Member

As a recovering heroin addict I agree with this 100%. It would be much better if the US government spent more money in tackling the opioid epidemic in this way than the way they are going about it now. If you give individuals a safe injection site they can to go where they are able to get pharmaceutical grade heroin and be able to use it would help ten fold. Studies have shown lower overdose mortality (88 fewer overdose deaths per 100 000 person-years), 67% fewer ambulance calls for treating overdoses, and a decrease in HIV infections in Alberta, Canada alone. As well it makes it easier for a person to be able to ween themselves off.

Heroin addiction is evil and I struggled with it for almost all of my 20's (3 major overdoses, too many ER visits to count, two inpatient psych ward stays, one inpatient drug rehab stay, two outpatient drug rehab programs, two outpatient psych treatment stays and also seeing both a therapist and psychiatrist). I managed to stop using when I got hired at my current job in 2013. Did have two slip ups but they were one and done.

Nowadays the majority of heroin you will find here is laced with fentanyl and that ends up leading to way more overdoses. I've lost way too many friends because of that. We really wouldn't have this problem if the federal government cared more about rehabilitation in regards to drug use and abuse. Every major city in this country should be allowed to have safe injection sites with trained medical personal dispensing pharmaceutical grade heroin to addicts.

10. lifelessheap Gold Belt

Mexico too. The Narci Terrorists invested in scientists and equipment. They produce as much as China these days.

Reyesnuthugr and salamander like this.
  11. MMABrooklyn Brown Belt

Throw them in cages.

12. Strychnine Steel Belt

That's not working man. All it's doing is lining the pockets of people who own and run private prisons.

13. Gutter Chris Circus Ninja Southwest Voodoo Wizard

It would seem counter productive on the surface but i think the answer is to let addicts get their pills or dope from a controlled source . Then its clean people know what they get and someones got an eye on them

Part 2 have all kinds of rehab info and programs that work with the opiod dispensary. It doesnt have to be free either and maybe if the system is tweeked just right the users/addicts will end up payin for the whole system with the added bonus of getting all that money out of the black market.

You arent gonna cure an addict with punishment and tuff love but you can limit the amount of harm they do themselves and others as well as makin it much easier to get off that train when they are ready.

The answer in short is to treat it as a medical problem not a criminal one

14. all caps Gold Belt

Unfortunately it would take a fundamental change to.... a lot of things... let alone morals, for this to ever come to fruition.

Strychnine and Satanical Eve like this.
  15. Satanical Eve Cro Cop's Left Leg Platinum Member

I've been saying that for years and even before fentanyl became a problem. Like you just said it would take fundamental change for this to happen and sadly I don't think it will happen on a federal level. Locally in certain jurisdictions yes but even then it is rare. So many people in this country look at addicts as second class citizens until one of their own family members becomes one of those addicted.

Ayin and all caps like this.
  16. JSN choo-CHOO! Double Yellow Card

What drives me nuts is we have test cases in other countries but your I don’t want to see anything outside of my blinders cultural conservatives will not hear of it.

17. Jeffy37 Orange Belt

It will never end regardless. Sorry but that's the truth. People will always make bad decisions and get addicted to whatever. It could be drugs,alcohol,gambling. That's just life unfortunately.

Cuzcatlan likes this.
  18. TribalDrumz Black Belt

Tried it one time , best feeling I ever had I knew I wouldn’t touch the stuff ever again,

19. MarloStanfield The Wild Colonial Boy

I didn’t no that, fuck the fent

brother mouzone likes this.
  20. Mr Holmes 67 61 73 73 69 75 73 20 63 6c 61 79

I hear china is growing into a respectable nation.