Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Fentanyl is killing America

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Andrei Orlovski, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM.

1. 3825 968 moonwalking

BC has safe injection and drug testing sittes. Free neloxone kits and yet this june was the worst month for overdose in history... I think its a mix of things that will tackle this.

Drug testing/injection sites
    Harsh punishment for dealers
    Tighter prescription guidelines
    And.........
    Personal responsibility

2. Fluffernutter Silver Belt

Do you need a chauffeur?

Mr Holmes likes this.
  3. Ridgeback Orange Belt

Yeah no kidding... But if you read the rest of the posts on here you would see there are other methods that are actually proven to work to drastically decrease the negative effects to the user and public. Clearly what we do in the US is not working so I don't see why we wouldn't try something proven elsewhere. If anyone really wants this thing to calm down and become less deadly that is.

Jeffy37 likes this.
  4. ocean size Red Belt

Unfortunately not a whole lot came from the national emergency. The GAO found they did little with it. Fent ODs have continued shooting upward under Trump. He has done a wee bit but addiction experts say is not nearly enough. Not too surprising considering he put his son in law in charge of the issue when he got in office and put a pharma exec and lobbyist in the cabinet for health and human services. So I'm not shocked they've done fuckall about pharma companies.

Biden's plan is pretty damn good and a lot of it is doable whether or not Mitch wants tries to Stonewall. For example he's putting the DOJ on pharma companies, including holding executives personally and criminally responsible. Hard to imagine Eli Lily exec Alex Azar suggesting that lol.

THE BIDEN PLAN TO END THE OPIOID CRISIS

Ayin likes this.
  5. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

6. morgado388 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Make it all legal, EVERYTHING and if people can't handle it oh well. Don't fucking baby the weak minded among us

Cuzcatlan and Ultra O’Dia like this.
  7. G-19 Blue Belt

Originally, it was a Chinese synthetic form of heroin that was shipped to the states through the mail. The drug cartels wanted in and bought some Chinese scientists who make it for them in Mexico now. It’s insane how easy it is to manufacture and deliver to the US. It can be shipped through the mail since it is odorless and the DEA can’t do shit about it.

Fluffernutter likes this.
  8. G-19 Blue Belt

I’m all for legalization of most drugs but fuck no to legalizing fentanyl. I can tell you have no idea what you’re talking about. You know how many innocent people accidentally get a milligram of this shit on their skin and die? How many little kids get a milligram of residue left on a table on their skin and overdose? I’m all for the legalization and taxation of most drugs but this is something I’ll never get behind.

Reyesnuthugr and brother mouzone like this.
  9. morgado388 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

If someone wants to snort plutonium have at it

10. Bia White Belt

soft drugs should be legalised to allow people have a mean to escape real world realities and ban the harder ones.

Jeffy37 likes this.
  11. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

Unfortunately, when discussing solutions to social problems you will always lose right-wing mouth breathers at "giving".

But you are correct that this is the only viable public health approach to promoting recovery from opioid addiction.

12. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

This might work for escape from soft real world realities but when it comes to escape from hard real world realities only hard drugs will do. :)

ShinkanPo likes this.
  13. G-19 Blue Belt

Homemade stamped pills with a killer dose of fentanyl got Prince. Man, that shit hurt my heart.

14. JSN choo-CHOO! Double Yellow Card

While I am definitely in favor of legalization in general, there are a ton of issues that go along with legalization of a drug like this that people need to consider. There is a big difference between manufacturing a very dangerous substance using best practices in a pharmaceutical setting with proper oversights and what we see sold by street dealers.

For sure you're always going to have to pay taxes and to me selling something dangerous that doesn't meet safety standards that a drug needs to have should be a serious crime.

Unfortunately we have this whole supplement industry with terrible-to-no oversight and it's created a mess where people forget what should be going into producing a quality product (even something that's completely inert) it terms of you should be getting what is claimed and it should be safe.

15. G-19 Blue Belt

If you want to die, I have no issues with how you do it. The only problem is the danger it brings to those who are unsuspecting and innocent who just use a common space.

16. Bia White Belt

hear hear

17. Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Now THIS is an actual public health crisis. MA has a big opioid problem and a lot of people I've associated with have died or known people who have died from opioids/fentanyl. I remember oxycontin being HUGE when I was in high school. I'm not surprised people graduated to heroin straight out of high school. It's pretty scary how quickly it destroys a persons health, looks, and even personality. They alienate family and friends and then die alone in the gutter. It's tragic. People from all different social classes or races.

Satanical Eve likes this.
  18. JSN choo-CHOO! Double Yellow Card

4 rillz.

These superopioids are a special class too imo. Maybe impossible to make safely outside of a specialized manufacturing setting. I cannot imagine a way to dry blend something that potent into a consistent mixture with the whatever gives the product bulk.

19. nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    For sale?

20. ocean size Red Belt

We could do the hare-brained libertarian wet dream where no one impedes your natural rights to mail order plutonium or anthrax or anything else that enables you to kill hundreds of people per gram by accident, or we could just skip the things that are to everyone's detriment. If this is a new concept to you:
    https://www.economicshelp.org/micro-economic-essays/marketfailure/negative-externality/