Fentanyl is killing America

it's a treatment, whether it's a good treatment or etc is up for debate. i don't know how effective it is at getting people off opiods/opiates vs having them just addicted to them and perpetually taking methadone, instead.

regardless, the push for injection sites (which i oppose) seems to indicate that even the junkies/activists/etc don't want methadone.
I definitely know a chick that's on methadone but wants Oxycodone or really oxymorphone which is much more potent but also much rarer.

I'm guessing it works for some people but not everyone like. Treatment for addiction really is probably more dependent on the individual and their want/ability to overcome the addiction than the actual medication/treatment method involved. Like some people are unable to overcome alcohol addiction and that isn't something that has anywhere near as high of an addiction chance as the more powerful opioids.

Biden probably thinks Fentanyl is a Black woman and hopes that she votes for him.

And Trump probably spells it Covfefe and will claim the US has the bestest fentanyl.

What a world.

This Joe Rogan “Legalise everything, man” attitude ...

People have lost their damn minds.

Still ignoring Portugal and the multiple succes stories about decriminalization are we?

The US (UK?) are becoming more and more infantilized. Whether it's BLM crowd, the Just legalize everything crowd, the body positives, Anti-Vaxxers (i could go on and on)... everyone just seems to be pushing for the normalization of antisocial behavior. A majority of people in the States at least, don't want to fucking eat right and exercise. They don't want to act right. They want criminality and substance abuse to be normalized and the government to be their enablers. Pathetic.

And yes, i've got numerous family members who've embraced heroin, painkillers, and any other number of substances. Life is tough. People need to get their shit together or GTFO.

I think Britain will likely go to decriminalisation at some point, as will much of western Europe. It’s no coincidence that the countries that have taken the hardest line on the war on drugs (uk + US), have the biggest problems and the most violence/criminality associated with it.

If something isn’t working you have to change it at some point. You don’t have to look far to see examples of rehabilitation and education, working far better than punishment and the creation of a black market. The real problem where I live is alcohol, by a long fckin way! Everyone knows it, no one wants to admit it

I think Britain will likely go to decriminalisation at some point, as will much of western Europe. It’s no coincidence that the countries that have taken the hardest line on the war on drugs (uk + US), have the biggest problems and the most violence/criminality associated with it.

If something isn’t working you have to change it at some point. You don’t have to look far to see examples of rehabilitation and education, working far better than punishment and the creation of a black market. The real problem where I live is alcohol, by a long fckin way! Everyone knows it, no one wants to admit it
UK and US did not take the hardest line. Korea, Japan took a harder line and have almost no violence/ criminality associated with it.

MF0qT3I.gif

"the only thing"
"proven to work"

either, really.

lolz @ giving addicts free opiods for life magically "working." enablement is the solution! wait, what? that's retarded. it's just giving them free supply.

i live in philly, which seems to still be the fentanyl capital of the usa. our librarians carry narcan.

personally, i have no sympathy for any of the junkies and i really don't care if people who refuse to care for themselves OD. it seems like basic responsibility/karma/darwinism.

i'm more concerned for the innocent people that dosed from it unknowingly via skin contact.
This ain't outta sympathy for the dirty junkies. No one cares if they die. Good riddance. This is for all the innocent fallout, the businesses, the housing prices, the taxpayer who has to front it all. They'd spend far far less money and have an actual return on investment by "giving" junkies a lifetime of supply. This ain't like welfare or an Obama phone. No one wants to be a fucking junky for life. That shit runs old quick and most actually want help.

This ain't outta sympathy for the dirty junkies. No one cares if they die. Good riddance. This is for all the innocent fallout, the businesses, the housing prices, the taxpayer who has to front it all. They'd spend far far less money and have an actual return on investment by "giving" junkies a lifetime of supply. This ain't like welfare or an Obama phone. No one wants to be a fucking kinky for life. That shit runs old quick and most actually want help.

...how isn't it cheaper just to let them OD? you'd be spending a ton of money just to still have the heroin/fentanyl problem and problems you mentioned, otherwise.

This ain't outta sympathy for the dirty junkies. No one cares if they die. Good riddance. This is for all the innocent fallout, the businesses, the housing prices, the taxpayer who has to front it all. They'd spend far far less money and have an actual return on investment by "giving" junkies a lifetime of supply. This ain't like welfare or an Obama phone. No one wants to be a fucking junky for life. That shit runs old quick and most actually want help.
I forgot about Obama phones <Lmaoo> lol.
Also placing people’s lives above someone’s business that you dont actually know seems weird but ok.

...how isn't it cheaper just to let them OD? you'd be spending a ton of money just to still have the heroin/fentanyl problem and problems you mentioned, otherwise.
Because of all the fallout. Cartels, gangs, violence, theft, prostitution, vagrants, trap houses, std spreading, etc etc. You can take control and manage the opiods problem for what it is, or you can let it run wild. I'm not just hypothesizing the math here. This is based on major cities around the world who've been battling the crisis for decades and found the only thing that works (works being lowering death, addiction, and crime rates) is providing free drugs. Sounds bad. Works good.

If I really didn't care about people I'd say legalize anything and everything. I don't do drugs, and I don't have an addictive personality. It would be an actual non-issue for me.

But I really do care about people- I can see the noble intent behind the call to decriminalize drugs on a sweeping scale but I don't think it would accomplish what we're hoping for. I think it would be a horrific disaster.

Because of all the fallout. Cartels, gangs, violence, theft, prostitution, vagrants, trap houses, std spreading, etc etc. You can take control and manage the opiods problem for what it is, or you can let it run wild. I'm not just hypothesizing the math here. This is based on major cities around the world who've been battling the crisis for decades and found the only thing that works (works being lowering death, addiction, and crime rates) is providing free drugs. Sounds bad. Works good.

sounds like bullshit, and i suspect it's bullshit.

Still ignoring Portugal and the multiple succes stories about decriminalization are we?

I get sick of hearing about other Countries successes, Countries that are invariably smaller and less culturally diverse. Not to mention that the forces at work in USA are beyond anyone's control. Nobody can create a clusterfuck out of every situation like we can. It just won't work. Politicians won't let it, Corporations won't let it, Media won't let it, Banks won't let it, Race Baiters won't let it, Special Interests won't let it, and the 80 IQ Red/Blue dumbasses who piss all over each other constantly won't let it. What is this "It" I speak of? Everything that could potentially be a solution to anything whatsoever.

We would proudly fuck up a ham sandwich. And the next one we fuck up after that will be a routine matter.

Yeah yeah I know

I've been told that the market is the most efficient vehicle for distributing goods to people. So, if there's a market for fentanyl and lots of people are buying it, and some people are making money from it, its a good thing. Theres no problem here.

What would you say to the legalization and government supply of all drugs through pharmacies? I've always thought it would be the best solution. Kills the black market trading between the U.S. and Mexico. Would probably destroy the Mexican cartels, as well as all major drug operations in thw U.S. Gives the the users the ability to get safe/uncut drugs and in dosages that won't kill them, and gives those that want help the chance to maybe wing themselves off whatever their poison is by asking for smaller dosages.
As a recovering heroin addict I agree with this 100%. It would be much better if the US government spent more money in tackling the opioid epidemic in this way than the way they are going about it now. If you give individuals a safe injection site they can to go where they are able to get pharmaceutical grade heroin and be able to use it would help ten fold. Studies have shown lower overdose mortality (88 fewer overdose deaths per 100 000 person-years), 67% fewer ambulance calls for treating overdoses, and a decrease in HIV infections in Alberta, Canada alone. As well it makes it easier for a person to be able to ween themselves off.

Heroin addiction is evil and I struggled with it for almost all of my 20's (3 major overdoses, too many ER visits to count, two inpatient psych ward stays, one inpatient drug rehab stay, two outpatient drug rehab programs, two outpatient psych treatment stays and also seeing both a therapist and psychiatrist). I managed to stop using when I got hired at my current job in 2013. Did have two slip ups but they were one and done.

Nowadays the majority of heroin you will find here is laced with fentanyl and that ends up leading to way more overdoses. I've lost way too many friends because of that. We really wouldn't have this problem if the federal government cared more about rehabilitation in regards to drug use and abuse. Every major city in this country should be allowed to have safe injection sites with trained medical personal dispensing pharmaceutical grade heroin to addicts.

I've been told that the market is the most efficient vehicle for distributing goods to people. So, if there's a market for fentanyl and lots of people are buying it, and some people are making money from it, its a good thing. Theres no problem here.
Capitalism

Im 48 with no history of drug use. I don’t drink or smoke anything. I have a long medical history with my provider and I’m very much an under utilizer of services. In the current climate I’d need to have a broken bone or some severe trauma to be prescribed an opioid pain killer

As a recovering heroin addict I agree with this 100%. It would be much better if the US government spent more money in tackling the opioid epidemic in this way than the way they are going about it now. If you give individuals a safe injection site they can to go where they are able to get pharmaceutical grade heroin and be able to use it would help ten fold. Studies have shown lower overdose mortality (88 fewer overdose deaths per 100 000 person-years), 67% fewer ambulance calls for treating overdoses, and a decrease in HIV infections in Alberta, Canada alone. As well it makes it easier for a person to be able to ween themselves off.

Heroin addiction is evil and I struggled with it for almost all of my 20's (3 major overdoses, too many ER visits to count, two inpatient psych ward stays, one inpatient drug rehab stay, two outpatient drug rehab programs, two outpatient psych treatment stays and also seeing both a therapist and psychiatrist). I managed to stop using when I got hired at my current job in 2013. Did have two slip ups but they were one and done.

Nowadays the majority of heroin you will find here is laced with fentanyl and that ends up leading to way more overdoses. I've lost way too many friends because of that. We really wouldn't have this problem if the federal government cared more about rehabilitation in regards to drug use and abuse. Every major city in this country should be allowed to have safe injection sites with trained medical personal dispensing pharmaceutical grade heroin to addicts.

that’s amazing man. You should be proud.

I’m proud of you!

Back