Crime Female backpackers decapitated while hiking in Morocco

Very true.
I've heard the same thing in Korea about how dangerous and racist Europe, Australia, and Japan are for Koreans because of one incident they heard a friend tell them or something. It ignores the countless other times where NOTHING bad happened.
Life has risks, sometimes you're just going to run into bad people, but in most cases, you aren't guaranteed to be a victim when you travel.

It's why these generalizations of "3rd world countries" In here are so dumb. I've been stabbed and mugged 2x...it didn't happen in a 3rd world country, it happened in America. I don't tell people to stay away from America because of it
A while back I heard some news story about a Korean getting stabbed and killed in Osaka and some people were freaking about Japan being dangerous. It's still the safest country in the world. People don't say that kind of shit when it happens in their own country. Bias is funny like that.
Was just talking to my wife about where we should go on vacation this year and as a joke I said let's go to Africa...if you are white...really fkn white...you shouldn't go anywhere in africa,middle east, South America, etc

Then go to Luang Prabang, Laos! Beautiful, quiet city with and much cheaper since it's a "3rd world shithole."

People still cannot make a difference between 1st World and 3rd World.

Sad.

Leftism kills.

A while back I heard some news story about a Korean getting stabbed and killed in Osaka and some people were freaking about Japan being dangerous. It's still the safest country in the world. People don't say that kind of shit when it happens in their own country. Bias is funny like that.

Then go to Luang Prabang, Laos! Beautiful, quiet city with and much cheaper since it's a "3rd world shithole."

And I get that. But I'm WHITE..blonde hair...there's just too many awesome places and can go and not deal with savages...sure I could die in those places too, but you can't eliminate all risk.

Fuck, some of you guys can start an argument from any given topic.

Hot girls traveling the world without a man. Dumb as fuck. Anyone can duck those girls up. That's crazy they got their heads cut off though wtf

It always makes me sad when attractive women are killed.

Sad story. But it's difficult to feel sorry for them when is well know that women shouldn't go to these shithole countries by themselves.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This is taking victim blaming to the next level. “I would feel bad for you for being murdered, but it’s well known women shouldn’t travel to Morocco unaccompanied by men” especially when that’s actually not well known. Morocco is generally a safe country to visit for anyone. This is highly unusual for something like this to happen. This isn’t Syria, Libya, Iraq or Afghanistan.

I think you're moving the goal posts.
Isn't this what you are trying to assert? Two people got murdered, and they were idiots for going to a underdeveloped country where that is more likely to happen, right?
I was saying statistically going to a such a country doesn't make it more likely you'll die.

Or are you trying to assert that the brutal nature of the crime is what makes the victims idiots?
Brutal murders don't happen in developed countries?

Putting themselves in a bad position makes them idiots. Foreign travelers are likely to have money and young women are more likely to be attacked than men. There is safety in numbers.

It's sad that people are killed.
It's stupid that people itt are arguing how being killed differently is "correct" or "wrong"

More than half of the people itt that says Moroca is a "shithole" "third-world country" probably never even step out of their town/city before, let alone took a flight overseas. Else you just dumb af or just too patriotic.

Trust me the most naive women in the world are in scandinavia(sweden being number one)

They really think they untouchable and cant be hurt

Some of the shit i saw as a bouncer made me want to nuke scandinavia

I'm originally from Scandinavia and wholeheartedly agree. I grew up with the silly things. There was a time when a couple of my friends (two pretty girls) were planning to go to Mexico hiking for 3 weeks just by themselves. I asked them if they were retarded and managed to talk them out of it. They wound up going to Iceland instead. Some people tend to lack common sense, Scandinavian girls more so than anyone else.

Nobody has posted the standard response;
At least they were doing what they loved.

I wonder if they were carpet munchers.

Stay in Brookswood. I've worked and partied in Morocco. Was a fucking blast...and my head is still intact. Hell, you can have your head cut off on a Greyhound in Canada :/

You can have your head cut off in a Greyhound anywhere.

Playing with fire if you're going to Africa imo.

There's this girl on my FB page who I don't even know. I must have accidentally sent her a friend request when I looked at her profile once cause we do have a mutual friend that I do know very well.

Anyways I left her on my page just because I don't really care and about 3 weeks ago she posted a crazy ass story. Basically she was talking about how grateful she was that it had been 3 years since she escaped being kidnapped in south Africa. How she was still thinking of the other girls who were also there. Crazy story and I do remember seeing pictures of her traveling the world. Anyways yea don't fuck with Africa it's not worth it.

ah, cultural enrichment at is finest.

well...ya
unless it's Cape Verde, there's not much reason to go into Africa unarmed

Granted I've only been to like 6 countries there but still....
actually couldn't go to Morocco b/c US State Dept travel advisory warning after a bombing in Marrakesh

Putting themselves in a bad position makes them idiots. Foreign travelers are likely to have money and young women are more likely to be attacked than men. There is safety in numbers.
I agree but traveling to another country, especially one that is known to be relatively safe like Morocco, doesn't inherently mean you're in a bad position. I don't know what happened when these girls died so say they did anything to make themselves vulnerable, but sometimes you could go to really safe places and just get really unlucky. Years back a girl got stabbed in my town while walking along the river at night. Of course people say a woman shouldn't walk by herself at night but this is a really safe area where incidents like that are unheard of. I've been out there countless times at night over many years and saw many women and elderly people walking around with absolutely no incident. Hasn't been another incident since. Sometimes you just get unlucky.

When I go outside for work tomorrow I am almost 100% sure I won't get murdered, but it could be the one day a crazy dude with a hammer decides to bash a random person's head in and I get picked to be the victim. I don't think that makes me an idiot for going outside. I don't have Morocco's crime stats but I get the feeling this is more along the lines of what I'm talking about. I don't think foreign travelers getting their heads cut off is a regular occurrence in Morocco.

I wonder if they were carpet munchers.
While I was traveling Vietnam, I saw two white people on a motorbike to check and look for directions. There was a cute girl sitting in the back and I thought the person in the front driving was her boyfriend, but he looked a bit slim and small. Then the person took off their helmet and it turned out to be another cute chick. They made out for a bit before driving off. I was like,
<mma4>

You can have your head cut off in a Greyhound anywhere.
Morocco isn't so bad after all!

Being an attractive woman in a country full of violent people who get triggered by attractive women is not a good idea

Back