Fedor - Dana hated me... lol

Honestly who cares at this point? He would have gotten killed had he signed with the UFC, he barely beat Brett Rogers, lost to Werdum, and got killed by Big Foot. Brock, JDS, and Cain would have destroyed him.
Because people are interested in the history of the sport. OP is a poor start to a dialogue about that, though.

Fedor made over 10 million dollars over the course of that "co-promotion" , fought on CBS in 2009, and the president attends his fights.

All while Pettis makes 27k to fight for the UFC belt in 2013.

Who are you children kidding?

I have learned that casual fans don't care about any fights under 170lbs.

so cain never said it?
tumblr_lxu99ndDkt1r6f39po1_500.gif

tumblr_meerpzTRmE1rnyhdyo1_500.gif

tumblr_lrl1md6QD31qdlkgg.gif

the anger is strong in this thread. Why are we talking about a retired fighter again?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...ned-with-the-UFC-because-Dana-White-hated-me/

You didn't sign because the UFC would not accept a cross promotion! You would not let go of your imaginary promotion that didn't put on shows. You were financially vested in the promotion and you thought you could force people to accept the cross promotion because you were widely viewed as the best HW fighter in the world. Truth is, you have rested for a few years and are at the same age as some of the best in the sport. Come sign now, without what-ever-it's-name-was promotion and prove something. Cain can't wait to welcome you to the UFC:icon_lol:

I'm not even a fan of Fedor but this post sucks. You expect people to agree with you with such bias and disregard for the business side of things that you come up with this bullshit. GTFO...NOW!!! You're disagreeing with even more bias when you comment to people who disagree with you.

"UFC ___ brought to you by UFC and M1 Promotions" was not something Dana was willing to accept. Rightly so. Dana can be an ass, but Vadim Finkelstein is a corrupt moron and because of him, Fedor will always have a big "never in UFC" asterisk by his name. I hope Fedor understands that (doubtful).

"UFC ___ brought to you by UFC and M1 Promotions" was not something Dana was willing to accept. Rightly so. Dana can be an ass, but Vadim Finkelstein is a corrupt moron and because of him, Fedor will always have a big "never in UFC" asterisk by his name. I hope Fedor understands that (doubtful).

He probably won't understand because he doesn't give a fuck.

I'm not "talking crap", I would just like to see him come back without the management team and compete at 100% now. Look at all the guys the same age that are at the top of the sport.

ah yes, because age is an indicator of prime, and everyone peaks at the same time. foolish me, here i thought each athlete was different

Fedor made over 10 million dollars over the course of that "co-promotion" , fought on CBS in 2009, and the president attends his fights.

All while Pettis makes 27k to fight for the UFC belt in 2013.

Who are you children kidding?

he would have made alot more working for the UFC. Nice try comparing the contract Pettis has to the one Fedor was offered. Thats like comparing an apple to a pick up truck. Also you must be one of those idiots who still believes that the reported fight salaries are the only thing UFC fighters ever get paid.

Based on what I saw in Strikeforce, the UFC saved a lot of money because Fedor would have lost more fights than he won.

So making more, being able to not be tied down by the UFC contract, and being recognized as the best heavyweight for how many years is somehow a bad thing? That and going out like a boss in front of friends, family, countrymen and the president... with a knockout, a couple million bucks to show, and the fact that here we are after retirement still talking about him...

Yeah, what a shit list.

For those who insist Fedor was the GOAT (and I do believe he is one of the GOATS, certainly close to the top of the list if not at the top - I definitely admire and respect the guy so don't call me a fedor hater), what's the reason/excuse for why he did so poorly when he came to fight in the US? Why the huge drop in success when he landed in Strikeforce? What, fighting in a cage was just too much of a change for him? No longer having a teeny japanese guy stop the fight, move the fighters back to the center of the ring, and restart the fight was too big of a change for him to adapt to?

And why was a guy like Bigfoot Silva able to beat him so badly when the guy can't last more than 2 minutes with Cain Velasquez? It still boggles my mind that Bigfoot of all people was able to destroy Fedor so badly. The way it happened, Werdum submitting him doesn't shock me. But Bigfoot Silva beating him so badly that the doctors had to stop it... hard to explain. The excuse of "Bad Matchup" only goes so far.

Fedor didn't disagree to anything. It was all his management.

For those who insist Fedor was the GOAT (and I do believe he is one of the GOATS, certainly close to the top of the list if not at the top - I definitely admire and respect the guy so don't call me a fedor hater), what's the reason/excuse for why he did so poorly when he came to fight in the US? Why the huge drop in success when he landed in Strikeforce? What, fighting in a cage was just too much of a change for him? No longer having a teeny japanese guy stop the fight, move the fighters back to the center of the ring, and restart the fight was too big of a change for him to adapt to?

And why was a guy like Bigfoot Silva able to beat him so badly when the guy can't last more than 2 minutes with Cain Velasquez? It still boggles my mind that Bigfoot of all people was able to destroy Fedor so badly. The way it happened, Werdum submitting him doesn't shock me. But Bigfoot Silva beating him so badly that the doctors had to stop it... hard to explain. The excuse of "Bad Matchup" only goes so far.

I think you have to look at these fights separately. After all, Fedor was past his prime when he came to Strikeforce, but he was still good, so that's not the main reason.

1) He thumped Werdum, then got aggressive, and got caught by a fantastic BJJ blackbelt. It could happen to anyone, champions JDS and Cain included, who gets too aggressive against a submission artist of Werdum's caliber.

2) Bigfoot was the one of these three who I will say was definitely a bad matchup for Fedor. Fedor is basically a light heavyweight in frame who was going against a guy who was 70 pounds heavier on fight night. Bigfoot is skilled enough to where he could use that size. That being said, I firmly believe Fedor would have won that fight had he been allowed to come out for Round 3.

3) Fedor hit Hendo HARD. I think Hendo said it was the hardest he'd been hit. Fedor had him in trouble, then was the recipient of a combination of over-aggressiveness (again) and a very unfortunate stoppage.

I would ask this: if Fedor fought any of these guys again, would he be the underdog? I think he would be against Bigfoot, and that's it.

It was a bad run. Fedor was too aggressive, but let's not act like these were one-sided beatdowns. There were two fights (Werdum and Hendo) against elite fighters who Fedor had in serious trouble, and there was one against a physical freak (Bigfoot) who was a bad matchup, and whom Fedor probably would have beaten in Round 3.

The biggest mistake the casual fan makes is believing that the win/loss result is dispositive of the question of who is the more talented fighter. Especially at HW, any top 10 HW could beat any other top 10 HW on any given day. So records lie, and while they're about talent and skill, they're also about odds and chance and luck. (I mean, just a year ago people were saying JDS was the HW GOAT, and now they're saying Cain is the HW GOAT, and three years ago they were saying Brock could be the HW GOAT. That's the nature of heavyweight.)

Long answer: Fedor lost some competitive and entertaining fights against some very good / elite fighters, and that can happen, especially if you go in with a bad gameplan, are over-aggressive, or have a poor matchup.

It would have been EPIC seeing Fedor in his prime in the UFC

it would have looked like the crocop situation, huge disappointment within a fight or two.

in a way the fanboys are probably happier the way it went down, because they can still say "what if".

10 years on top you're bound to fall. Silva had size and strength to his advantage.
Hendo had the H bomb and Werdum trolled him.

I am no way supporting Fedor but this is a logical excuse, its not like he lost over night. It was 10 years in the making.

Losing to the best BJJ guy @ HW, a legend with insane amounts of KO power in one hand, and a freakishly larger man isn't that bad.

Here's a clip of the old negotiations for anyone who didn't see back in the day

[YT]VZPurAmZrIU[/YT]

I would like to see Fedor fight at LHW.

Everyone would. He'd be an intriguing matchup against Jon Jones. I'd pay a lot of money to see that fight at 205 or 215 catchweight.

Back