Fedor - Dana hated me... lol

Fedor made over 10 million dollars over the course of that "co-promotion" , fought on CBS in 2009, and the president attends his fights.

All while Pettis makes 27k to fight for the UFC belt in 2013.

Who are you children kidding?

GSP makes that in 1 year. Brock made more than that in 1 year. Sorry, you lose. Can you source Fedor making $10 mil btw?

lol TS know thing or two about that situation i think he may be close to Zuffa.

And Dana is liar and thatt's a fact

GSP makes that in 1 year. Brock made more than that in 1 year. Sorry, you lose. Can you source Fedor making $10 mil btw?

I remember reading that Fedor pulled about $1.5-$2 million for the Sylvia fight alone and probably the same amount for Arlovski. I went Googling a source for this and it sounds like Fedor made a great deal more.

There seemed to be a big to-do about Fedor Emelianenko’s official salary that was posted from the CSAC this past week. Emelianenko, on record, made a measly $300,000 for his fight against Tim Sylvia while Sylvia made a whopping $800,000. There was much speculation as to what Fedor was actually paid and now Mike Chiappetta at NBC Sports is reporting that the rest of Fedor’s money was indeed in the form of an advance signing bonus:

But a source told NBCSports.com that Emelianenko received a sizable part of his Affliction contract up front in the form of a signing bonus, and added that Emelianenko also owns the rights to his fight footage in several European countries. That second part may not mean much right now but if Affliction chooses to hold an event in Europe, they would have to pay him for the footage.

Love or hate Fedor’s management, you have to concede that they are doing what’s in Fedor’s best interest as far as the money side of things go. Making people pay for your own fight footage as well as getting advance signing bonuses before even stepping into the ring are a couple things that are just unheard of in this sport right now. Fedor’s management team is way ahead of the curve as far as MMA goes right now. Vadim Finklestein is the Drew Rosenhaus of MMA.

David Wolf of MMA Payout broke the story earlier today that Affliction filed its motion to dismiss in response to the M-1 lawsuit I discussed on Bloody Elbow last week. Needless to say, a motion to dismiss is just a standard response in a lawsuit by the defense. I will have more thoughts on the motion to dismiss next week on Bloody Elbow, but my initial thought is that I'm baffled as to why a 12(b)(6) focused so much on the facts instead of the law. A 12(b)(6) motion is a motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim for which relief can be granted, it is not a motion related to factual disputes.

The most interesting part of the filing is Affliction's disclosure to the courts of its agreements with Fedor Emelianenko and M-1 Global. They disclosed the promotional agreement as well as the "consulting agreement." According to the initial M-1 filing there was a third consulting agreement related to the M-1 Challenge TV show, but as far as I can tell that agreement hasn't been disclosed.

Below I'll go through the promotional agreement's essential terms and add my comments in italics where I feel anything additional is warranted.

The Promotional Agreement.

--Fedor is to be paid a $300,000 purse per fight.

--The contract arranges for four first class tickets and three coach tickets from St. Petersburg to wherever the fight is. It also arranges for four first class hotel rooms for up to five nights, round trip transportation on the ground, and meal allowances. This section is more extravagant than equivalent UFC contract provisions for its top stars.

-- The contract calls for three fights under the Affliction banner, and makes Affliction the exclusive home of Fedor fights in the United States. However, the contract states that any fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Couture is excluded from the contract and can take place elsewhere. It's clear that when this contract was signed Fedor and M-1 were still shopping around a potential Couture fight incase he ever got out of his contract. This also further confirms that Affliction never had the rights to this fight.

--The contract states that it ends on the earlier of two dates: March 31, 2009 or after Fedor's last fight, unless the contract is extended. This will be a serious litigation battleground; M-1 will argue that Affliction extended the contract by promoting a third show. I find this argument fairly convincing.

--Affliction agreed to make all efforts to feature a M-1 logo on the mat. Fedor was allowed to choose any sponsor as long as there was no conflict with Affliction.

--Fedor Emelinaenko reserved all rights to distribute and exploit his bouts in Russia and Asia. He had the right to retain all revenue from the sale, license, or any other exploitation of his reserved rights to market the broadcast. There are other specifics regarding Affliction's responsibility to provide Fedor and M-1 with a high definition feed. The rights include streaming rights, and extend beyond Fedor's fights to the undercard and preliminary fights. You can imagine the UFC would never agree to such a term.

There are a number of other important and interesting terms, but those are the essential ones.

The Consulting Agreement

--M-1 was to provide consulting on all the following topics: International bout consulting, international television, fighter scouting, location for future bouts recommendations, television-related opportunities, international sponsorships, and bout tourism.

--M-1 was also required to fully cooperate and assist in the advertising and promotion of each fight.

--In exchange for these consulting services, Affliction agreed to pay M-1 a consulting fee of $1,200,000 per fight.

--Affliction was required to promote the M-1 Global brand through promotional activities including: Articles in event programs, M-1 Global's logo incorporated into Affliction advertising, M-1 logo recognition with event advertising, public address announcements during the bouts, the airing of M-1 videos announcements during events, and the creation and sale of co-branded M-1 and Affliction event posters.

I believe there is still one more consulting agreement out there based on my reading of M-1's lawsuit, but Affliction did not disclose it here. Just counting these two agreements, Fedor Emelianenko received $300,000 per fight while M-1 Global received 1.2 million. Fedor Emelianenko is a 20% owner of M-1 Global.

So Fedor got:

1. A signing bonus (cash up front, essentially)
2. $300 000 per fight salary
3. $1.2 mil consulting fee for M1
4. Foreign distribution rights and all the profit that generates
5. Additional consulting agreement with undisclosed fee

This link talks about M1 broadcasting a Strikeforce event globally: if they had a similar contract to Affliction then M1 made a shitload of money.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16762/m-1...plans-for-saturdays-fedor-vs-rogers-event.mma

Same pathetic posters in this thread. It's always the same ones obsessing over proving others wrong about Fedor.

why would there be no M-1 if Fedor signed with the UFC? he never fought for M-1 before his last fight with Strikeforce. this argument makes no sense at all.

trying to say Fedor would not head Russian MMA or have the same relationship with Putin if he signed with the UFC is also ridiculous.

and lastly, you talk about prestige being better than money....ok, but him signing with the UFC instead of Strikeforce does not change these things at all. and claiming that they do is disingenuous.

If there were an M-1 it would not be the one we know now, since UFC wouldn't allow the M-1 we have today to exist. Zuffa doesn't copromote remember? They would not have M-1's logo on their cards, and likely M-1 wouldn't even be able to exist as a separate promotion in Russia as we know today, since Zuffa would not allow Fedor to affiliate with it whatsoever (they dont even let fighters partake in the Olympics or World championships afterall).

M-1 were the ones with exclusive rights to the Russian market, airing on Russia 2, which is a state-owned network. You think UFC would air on that network, very unlikely. They are not going to air foreign content on a Russian state-owned network, unless they have a stake in it (which M-1 did with Fedor's footage).

Fedor and Putin weren't hugging it out when Fedor was in his prime in PRIDE in Japan, he likely wouldn't have in his post-prime in the UFC. It was only when M-1, a Russian org (which Fedor owned stake in) got on the scene, that Putin actually gave a damn to attend his events (and not even the SF/Affliction ones either).

P.S. Everyone one of his fights with Strikeforce or Affliction were under the M-1 banner, they were all in co-promotion. At times even the glove he used said "M-1".

If there were an M-1 it would not be the one we know now, since UFC wouldn't allow the M-1 we have today to exist. Zuffa doesn't copromote remember? They would not have M-1's logo on their cards, and likely M-1 wouldn't even be able to exist as a separate promotion in Russia as we know today, since Zuffa would not allow Fedor to affiliate with it whatsoever (they dont even let fighters partake in the Olympics or World championships afterall).

M-1 were the ones with exclusive rights to the Russian market, airing on Russia 2, which is a state-owned network. You think UFC would air on that network, very unlikely. They are not going to air foreign content on a Russian state-owned network, unless they have a stake in it (which M-1 did with Fedor's footage).

Fedor and Putin weren't hugging it out when Fedor was in his prime in PRIDE in Japan, he likely wouldn't have in his post-prime in the UFC. It was only when M-1, a Russian org (which Fedor owned stake in) got on the scene, that Putin actually gave a damn to attend his events (and not even the SF/Affliction ones either).

P.S. Everyone one of his fights with Strikeforce or Affliction were under the M-1 banner, they were all in co-promotion. At times even the glove he used said "M-1".

the part in bold shows you are living in a world all by yourself, devoid of any reason or logic. this has to be the most retarded post i have ever read.

how you came to this understanding i can't fathom. it makes no sense whats so ever. you thinking that Fedor signing with the UFC, would have had any significant effect on M-1 global is ridiculous.

the part in bold shows you are living in a world all by yourself, devoid of any reason or logic. this has to be the most retarded post i have ever read.

how you came to this understanding i can't fathom. it makes no sense whats so ever. you thinking that Fedor signing with the UFC, would have had any significant effect on M-1 global is ridiculous.

I think the question in my Smiggnature has been answered.

Fedor made over 10 million dollars over the course of that "co-promotion" , fought on CBS in 2009, and the president attends his fights.

All while Pettis makes 27k to fight for the UFC belt in 2013.

Who are you children kidding?

what my neighbor said.

Back