Fedor: “Tim Johnson had quite a winning streak going on”

I can understand your point about Reem, and maybe even JDS, but not Werdum. Werdum has looked like dogshit lately standing. Still very good on the ground, but he’s looked old AF and slow. Fedor sparks current Werdum imho.
I'd be rooting for Fedor but TODAY , I dont see too many advantages over werdum. Fedors chin is just shot. I dont even consider this " Fedor" that were watching.

Dont get me wrong- I'd be beyond happy if Fedor came out , took a punch and then floored Johnson and followed him down for tko. Fedor deserves the celebrated ending hes receiving - I just wish it was done 3 + years ago.

Remember- he's only older now so I don't know what to expect.

I'm an enormous mousasi guy( as most know) so by degrees, that automatically makes me a Fedor guy ( although I was an emelianenko guy from the start)

I'd be rooting for Fedor but TODAY , I dont see too many advantages over werdum. Fedors chin is just shot. I dont even consider this " Fedor" that were watching.

Dont get me wrong- I'd be beyond happy if Fedor came out , took a punch and then floored Johnson and followed him down for tko. Fedor deserves the celebrated ending hes receiving - I just wish it was done 3 + years ago.

Remember- he's only older now so I don't know what to expect.

I'm an enormous mousasi guy( as most know) so by degrees, that automatically makes me a Fedor guy ( although I was an emelianenko guy from the start)
I think Fedor could beat Werdum with the same game plan Overeem used twice: light Werdum up standing, and FFS don’t go to the ground with him lol. Werdum’s striking has improved a ton over the years, but dude looks slow as molasses lately. Look at the Oleinik fight for example. Werdum looked horrendous standing.
Dude.. Bader KOed Fedor in 35 seconds with the weakest punch in the history of mankind.

Even Mir dropped this version of Fedor.
It was basically the same punch that he dropped Mo with, not a weak punch at all. I think probably a fighter with a better chin than Mo or Fedor have could’ve taken the shot, but I don’t think it’s fair to call it weak.

There is reward to it though, that’s why he was really chosen. Fedor could potentially get a Bellator TS with a win over Johnson. Fedor wants one more major MMA title before retiring. If he loses to Johnson, he can still revisit a legends match like that for his last fight. He’s got 2 fights left, and he’s trying to accomplish something specific.
This.

Fedor doesn't want to fight anymore and wants the biggest bang for his buck. Beating Johnson and then getting a title shot where he wins the title is the best-case scenario for retirement after his last two fights on his contract. The question, however, is of course if Bellator would play ball and offer that TS even IF Fedor wins against Johnson.

As a Fedor fan I can't imagine a better ending, but hell there's lots of obstacles to that realistically speaking. Which is probably one reason it is so appealing to Fedor... would be the ultimate underdog story ending at this point.

This.

Fedor doesn't want to fight anymore and wants the biggest bang for his buck. Beating Johnson and then getting a title shot where he wins the title is the best-case scenario for retirement after his last two fights on his contract. The question, however, is of course if Bellator would play ball and offer that TS even IF Fedor wins against Johnson.

As a Fedor fan I can't imagine a better ending, but hell there's lots of obstacles to that realistically speaking. Which is probably one reason it is so appealing to Fedor... would be the ultimate underdog story ending at this point.
Since a Fedor-Bader rematch would necessitate Moldavsky being willing to step back temporarily and not unify the belts, I’d bet Fedor has already discussed this scenario with him, and with Coker. I’m thinking that this whole scenario has latest been discussed and agreed upon, but who knows.

So he ducked Overeem, Dos Santos, Barnett, and a rematch with Werdum for Johnson because he's "spearheading the division" and had "quite a win streak which obviously shows he's quite a good fighter..."

He's not on a win streak anymore, and is 3-3 in his last 6 with KO losses to Kongo and Vitaly Minakov. Why not fight Kongo, or any of the others that expressed interest? A win over any of them would be more appealing

None of them best mitrione that is fedor reasoning

He wants to beat the man who beat him makes sense more then Kongo omg

What a beautiful man
Z0W5la4LL9VIQYksaArh2ToNLr8wudkBAMMa36gMVdk.jpg
<{1-7}>
You are so lucky Fedor held you like that :D

So he ducked Overeem, Dos Santos, Barnett, and a rematch with Werdum for Johnson because he's "spearheading the division" and had "quite a win streak which obviously shows he's quite a good fighter..."

He's not on a win streak anymore, and is 3-3 in his last 6 with KO losses to Kongo and Vitaly Minakov. Why not fight Kongo, or any of the others that expressed interest? A win over any of them would be more appealing
And honestly, at this point I feel like Timothy Johnson is a more dangerous fight for him than Overeem, Werdum, and especially JDS.. especially if you consider the downside of losing to him.. I just wish my man would retire already…

I'm a big Fedor guy but , Jesus, I see alot of delusional posts.

JDS is washed - no doubt but Fedor more washed . A careful Overeem has little problem with todays Fedor. I believe Fedor thinks he can beat Johnson. Werdum ??
Fabricio obviously on other side of career but makes easy work of today s Fedor.

We'll see what happens.

You guys are too much
I think with the way Fedor’s chin is these days a fight against any of those guys is a coin toss.. I’d definitely favor Werdum and Overeem over him, but to think Fedor couldn’t catch them either us going to far the other way

Tim is ranked #2 in Bellator

JDS, Reem and these UFC bums that keep complaining on twitter are not even wanted by Coker, they can cry and watch Fedor on TV

At this stage of the game and his career ill support fedor whatever decision he makes since hes earned it. He wad honest in an interview before this one where he admits he isn't as good as he was before, so let him do shit his way.

I think Fedor could beat Werdum with the same game plan Overeem used twice: light Werdum up standing, and FFS don’t go to the ground with him lol. Werdum’s striking has improved a ton over the years, but dude looks slow as molasses lately. Look at the Oleinik fight for example. Werdum looked horrendous standing.

It was basically the same punch that he dropped Mo with, not a weak punch at all. I think probably a fighter with a better chin than Mo or Fedor have could’ve taken the shot, but I don’t think it’s fair to call it weak.
You do realize that todays werdum is more dangerous than Fedor ....STANDING and has for awhile now. Yes, Fabricio hasnt looked good but I see him knocking fedor out with a knee or a punch before a now telegraphed punch from left field shot from emelianenko..... and this coming from someone who has a horse in this fight ( fedor).

Just being brutally honest( obviously).

I think with the way Fedor’s chin is these days a fight against any of those guys is a coin toss.. I’d definitely favor Werdum and Overeem over him, but to think Fedor couldn’t catch them either us going to far the other way
That's certainly a reasonable opinion but the way overeem fights these days , I see a bad counter knee just waiting to happen. Yes , if Alistair fought like before he realized his skillset has slowed down then both chins could fall...... same with werdum- I dont see him making a straight line towards Fedor .

Again, how old is the ultra battle worn Fedor ? He can only regress further which is a big part of my take.

I'll give Emelianenko the benefit / doubt .Hes earned that much so we'll see. BMMA doesnt have many good heavies so Johnson at #2 is kind of a transparent / subjective number to me.

You do realize that todays werdum is more dangerous than Fedor ....STANDING and has for awhile now. Yes, Fabricio hasnt looked good but I see him knocking fedor out with a knee or a punch before a now telegraphed punch from left field shot from emelianenko..... and this coming from someone who has a horse in this fight ( fedor).

Just being brutally honest( obviously).
I would’ve agreed a few years ago. When Werdum was beating Browne, Hunt, and Cain, (or even Harris and Tybura) his stand up looked really good and I thought “Damn, if Fedor rematches him right now that’d be a tough fight.”
But then Werdum got popped by USADA and suspended. He’s looked awful since he returned, going 1-1-1 (should be 1-2 imo). His one win was against a LHW who was also shot and had retired once, and ended up in the ground with Werdum almost immediately in that fight, which is one place that Werdum is still dangerous.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. :)
Every Fedor fight is a crapshoot these days, but I’d favor Fedor to beat Werdum in 2021-2022.

I would’ve agreed a few years ago. When Werdum was beating Browne, Hunt, and Cain, (or even Harris and Tybura) his stand up looked really good and I thought “Damn, if Fedor rematches him right now that’d be a tough fight.”
But then Werdum got popped by USADA and suspended. He’s looked awful since he returned, going 1-1-1 (should be 1-2 imo). His one win was against a LHW who was also shot and had retired once, and ended up in the ground with Werdum almost immediately in that fight, which is one place that Werdum is still dangerous.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. :)
Every Fedor fight is a crapshoot these days, but I’d favor Fedor to beat Werdum in 2021-2022.
I respect your opinion but agree to disagree sounds good. Also NOT saying that Werdum would be some significant favorite but a slight favorite albeit.

Fedor is currently a dead pk'em vs the " #2 heavy in Bellator " . So if he wins - it's Fedor- he could actually get a shot a major mma title. This version of Fedor - think about that.

I think everyhthing is set up the way its supposed to so hopefully Fedor wins this.
If he does win, you do realize what's coming from Fedor nation. Boots upto the kneecap will be the choice of footwear.

That's certainly a reasonable opinion but the way overeem fights these days , I see a bad counter knee just waiting to happen. Yes , if Alistair fought like before he realized his skillset has slowed down then both chins could fall...... same with werdum- I dont see him making a straight line towards Fedor .

Again, how old is the ultra battle worn Fedor ? He can only regress further which is a big part of my take.

I'll give Emelianenko the benefit / doubt .Hes earned that much so we'll see. BMMA doesnt have many good heavies so Johnson at #2 is kind of a transparent / subjective number to me.
And of course I agree on all points.. I hate the the Timothy Johnson fight because the downside to losing to a Timothy Johnson is just… and let’s not kid ourselves.. that fight is 50/50 at this point.. at least if Fedor gets KOd by Overeem or Werdum he got Kod by a legend… man I wish he would retire..

After CC, he demolished Arlovski and Tim, the two most dominant UFC champs of all time, in their prime, giving up 10 inches and 100lbs.
Fedor is listed with a 76" reach and weighs 235 lbs.
Are you combining the reach and weight of both opponents?
Pretty sure neither Timmy nor Arlovski have an 86" reach or weighs 335 lbs.
Arlovski is listed as 250 lbs and 77" reach. So that's 15 lbs and 1" reach.
Timmy listed as 265 lbs and 80" reach so that's 30lbs and 4" reach.
So where is the extra 5" in reach and 55 lbs?

Back