Fedor: “Tim Johnson had quite a winning streak going on”

Johnson was probably the only one that agreed to take the dive.

Bookmarked.<45>
Meh, someone always says this shit. Like I said earlier ITT: if Fedor fights an old legend like Rampage, he gets shit on for not fighting a better ranked opponent. When he fights a better ranked opponent like Johnson, he gets shit on for not fighting an old legend. When he loses a fight, he gets shit on for losing. And when he wins, someone claims it was fixed and he gets shit on again. Same old predictable Fedor hater stuff, it’s been going on for years.

Fedor is listed with a 76" reach and weighs 235 lbs.
Are you combining the reach and weight of both opponents?
Pretty sure neither Timmy nor Arlovski have an 86" reach or weighs 335 lbs.
Arlovski is listed as 250 lbs and 77" reach. So that's 15 lbs and 1" reach.
Timmy listed as 265 lbs and 80" reach so that's 30lbs and 4" reach.
So where is the extra 5" in reach and 55 lbs?

Don't be silly now, its not literally, but its not far off. Fedor was several classes bellow these SHW giants

3221002965_7ff86725c9_c.jpg

3221002927_2619132404_c.jpg

2722834254_00b5938b5b_w.jpg

NKBqG122GcQ0Q18_-MbOYPQTQuZ8h6NphqzyYyAgYmT2p516gs3xowgmEpn2FFrm-2pZQyRodXB_gN_umSg5X7gwsAlWXwiNOM009VniyKyQqunL3ZCmIg

Yet he annihilated them like nobody else. And these 2 were the best hws the UFC had. There wasn't another champ that fought and beat opponents that much bigger and stronger. Its equivalent if Usman fought Jones.

fedor said he was not going to retire win or loss vs tim.
this would be my emotion on fedor fights
fedor-tim 2
fedor-ao 9
fedor- barnett 8
fedor- werdum2 9
fedor- jds 9
i read your opinions....

The russian was on roid all the career like many others and outside Japan was defeated by an old middleweight (Hendo).

Fedor didn't take steroids..

Everyone who fights into their late thirties loses eventually in Mma..

Tim if not taking a dive will destroy Fedor! Fedor is not the same, and Tim is running hot. If Tim looses think dive or just paycheck collecting famous in Bellator names like Cheal and Rampage!

Don't be silly now, its not literally, but its not far off. Fedor was several classes bellow these SHW giants

NKBqG122GcQ0Q18_-MbOYPQTQuZ8h6NphqzyYyAgYmT2p516gs3xowgmEpn2FFrm-2pZQyRodXB_gN_umSg5X7gwsAlWXwiNOM009VniyKyQqunL3ZCmIg

Yet he annihilated them like nobody else. And these 2 were the best hws the UFC had. There wasn't another champ that fought and beat opponents that much bigger and stronger. Its equivalent if Usman fought Jones.
Fedor was great and is the GOAT HW. No need for silly hyperbole.

Uh..if you dont know how weight classes work, then sure - I guess.

I agree than win over JDS would make more sense and it would be much easier fight for Fedor. JDS is equally washed up now, but brings name recognition. Johnson is all risk no reward fight now, much more dangerous than JDS.

JDS is doing wrasslin these days

yea, we know. but if cain couldn't fit in fake rassling, I doubt jds can.

well cain looked way out of shape with those man boobs,a gust of wind or a big fart could send cain packing with another back injury and from what i saw jds didint look too bad in his skit.one thing for sure junior looked happy as hell doing his rasslin'.jds deserves a high paying easy gig at this point in his life,the man literally lost gallons of blood and years off his life that for that bastard dana white and the ufc.

I agree than win over JDS would make more sense and it would be much easier fight for Fedor. JDS is equally washed up now, but brings name recognition. Johnson is all risk no reward fight now, much more dangerous than JDS.
Yup, I agree. At this point name recognition would be the name of the game, plus he'd be fighting people who's at his his level of battle worn. If Johnson wrecks him in Russia...big fucking oof.

Also, lol@ all the butthurt Fedor fans. You can never have a decent discussion without them shitting all over the place.

yea, pretty sure giving up 20cm and 50lbs works against you. fighters are calling off fights if their opponent comes in 1lbs heavier.
yeah...sounds like you don't actually know how weight classes are designed

a 5 pound difference at a 100 pounds is a much larger difference than at 300 pounds - 5 pounds is a higher % of someone's weight if they are 100 pounds than 300 pounds. Hence why someone like Floyd Mayweather looks so gignatic next to tenshin nasakwa.

Caring Fedor vs Arvloski to Usman vs Jones is naive.

Fedor is at best, one weight class lower than someone like Arvloski - like if there was hypothetically a cruiserweight division. He is not a light heavyweight, has never fought at LHW, probably would not do as well at LHW, and couldnt make LHW unless he changed his body dramatically.

Giving him extra brownie points as if he is fighting outside of his weight class, when it is the only weight class he ever fought at makes little sense. You're basically treating him like a 2 or 3 division champion, when he is only a one division champion. Furthermore, considering he was the best heavyweight for a decade or so, it isn't necessary to make him anything else other than a heavyweight. You're simply just romanticizing someone's career who is already romanticized enough, and doesn't require any inaccurate narratives to bolster his 1st ballot career.

Last edited:
yeah...sounds like you don't actually know how weight classes are designed

a 5 pound difference at a 100 pounds is a much larger difference than at 300 pounds - 5 pounds is a higher % of someone's weight if they are 100 pounds than 300 pounds. Hence why someone like Floyd Mayweather looks so gignatic next to tenshin nasakwa.

Caring Fedor vs Arvloski to Usman vs Jones is naive.

Fedor is at best, one weight class lower than someone like Arvloski - like if there was hypothetically a cruiserweight division. He is not a light heavyweight, has never fought at LHW, probably would not do as well at LHW, and couldnt make LHW unless he changed his body dramatically.

Giving him extra brownie points as if he is fighting outside of his weight class, when it is the only weight class he ever fought at makes little sense. You're basically treating him like a 2 or 3 division champion, when he is only a one division champion. Furthermore, considering he was the best heavyweight for a decade or so, it isn't necessary to make him anything else other than a heavyweight. You're simply just romanticizing someone's career who is already romanticized enough, and doesn't require any inaccurate narratives to bolster his 1st ballot career.

Your perception is blind.
The difference between Fedor and Big Tim (proportionally, subjectively, objectively) is much bigger than Usman/Jones.
Hell, Jones dwarfs Fedor big time, is probably stronger too.
0DDA9F0E-E18E-4AC9-AC28-46BAD4AE87E2.jpeg

Fedor is a micro hw, dog. Extremely small for the weight class. He'd be a MW at best today, but because he'd get dwarfed by Luke Rockholds, he would have to cut down to WW.

The difference between Fedor and Big Tim (proportionally, subjectively, objectively) is much bigger than Usman/Jones.

Fedor is a micro hw, dog. Extremely small for the weight class. He'd be a MW at best today, but because he'd get dwarfed by Luke Rockholds, he would have to cut down to WW.

Fedor would not be a middleweight. Also, Jon Jones is really tall, and is also abominably large for a LHW. Jon Jones would look bigger than many heavyweights.

Furthermore, Tim Sylvia is not exactly all muscle - and he is not the "Jon Jones" of his weight class. He was never the best HW, 2nd best, or even 3rd. Randy Courture even beat Tim Sylvia (who is smaller than Fedor). In fact, Dan Henderson has fought several heavyweights, and he is (much) smaller than Fedor, and he has an incredibly hard time making middleweight. Fedor was clearly bigger than Matt Linland, who was a middleweight. Fedor isn't very tall, but he's not exactly narrow framed.

The two best heavyweights of that time that Fedor also fought were Nogueria and Crocop - not exactly giants. Fedor was not dramatically undersized for his time. Coleman and Randleman, who were more from the previous era weren't giants either (muscled up and roided, but not large).

Jones is stronger than Fedor? Perhaps, but isn't Fedor stronger than Nogueria?

You also did not show a comparison of Usman to Jones.

Showing pictures of guys next to tall guys doesn't mean that much. Why not show a picture of Fedor next to Nemkov? Or even more directly applicable, Daniel Cormier? He's not a middleweight, no chance my guy.

Fedor was on the small side, but saying he would be a middle weight today doesn't seem accurate, and is not relevant since his prime isn't today. He wasn't the Sakuraba of the hw division, he was the Mike Tyson (except much better).

Heavyweights might be bigger now, but Fedor's prime didn't happen in this era, so I don't see why that would matter.

Fedor's natural weight class doesn't exist yet in mainstream MMA.

EDIT: I reread what you said. You said middle weight at best. At Best? You're inferring he would be a welterweight???

Last edited:

Fedor would not be a middleweight. Also, Jon Jones is really tall, and is also abominably large for a LHW. Jon Jones would look bigger than many heavyweights.

Furthermore, Tim Sylvia is not exactly all muscle - and he is not the "Jon Jones" of his weight class. He was never the best HW, 2nd best, or even 3rd. Randy Courture even beat Tim Sylvia (who is smaller than Fedor). In fact, Dan Henderson has fought several heavyweights, and he is (much) smaller than Fedor, and he has an incredibly hard time making middleweight. Fedor was clearly bigger than Matt Linland, who was a middleweight. Fedor isn't very tall, but he's not exactly narrow framed.

The two best heavyweights of that time that Fedor also fought were Nogueria and Crocop - not exactly giants. Fedor was not dramatically undersized for his time. Coleman and Randleman, who were more from the previous era weren't giants either (muscled up and roided, but not large).

Jones is stronger than Fedor? Perhaps, but isn't Fedor stronger than Nogueria?

You also did not show a comparison of Usman to Jones.

Showing pictures of guys next to tall guys doesn't mean that much. Why not show a picture of Fedor next to Nemkov? Or even more directly applicable, Daniel Cormier? He's not a middleweight, no chance my guy.

Fedor was on the small side, but saying he would be a middle weight today doesn't seem accurate, and is not relevant since his prime isn't today. He wasn't the Sakuraba of the hw division, he was the Mike Tyson (except much better).

Heavyweights might be bigger now, but Fedor's prime didn't happen in this era, so I don't see why that would matter.

Fedor's natural weight class doesn't exist yet in mainstream MMA.

EDIT: I reread what you said. You said middle weight at best. At Best? You're inferring he would be a welterweight???
Whoa it’s a battle between 2 doctors! ;)
Fedor is way too solidly built to be anything below LHW. To say he’d be a middleweight is not accurate I don’t think. Fedor could definitely be a LHW, but he has said that he feels like he loses some power in his shots when he cuts weight and prefers not to.

Back