Fedor: “Tim Johnson had quite a winning streak going on”

Johnson is #2 and JDS is not even in Bellator, yet alone ranked. He had terrible skid, lately

View attachment 885760

But I think Fedor retires no mater what happens next, he said he feels old
Yeah he definitely knows he’s past it and time is about up. But unless he gets hurt badly in this Johnson fight, I think Fedor will finish his contract which has 1 more fight left after that.

People confused about the Johnson fight need to ask themselves: why did Fedor, at age 40, and with injuries, fight 3x in 9 months in a HW tournament? He could’ve taken one-off Maldonado and Mitrione-type fights for the entire duration of his return if he wanted. Fedor entered that tournament because he had a goal: he wants one more belt.

But it’s the same old story ITT: Fedor fights an old legend and he gets shit on for not fighting ranked opponents. He fights a top ranked opponent, and gets shit on for not fighting old legends. :rolleyes:

JDS is "equally washed" because of what? His loss to Blaydes? Or Bigi Boy? Or Gane, did losing to Gane make him washed? That's why you think JDS is a much easier fight than Tim Johnson who would've been obliterated by the same men? You conveniently forget JDS KO'ed Tuivasa and Lewis and outstruck Ivanov before losing the literal best of the division. People see the four straight losses and seem to forget who were the men handing out those losses.
JDS was once a great fighter, that was before Cain 2. Now his chin is almost as bad as Fedor's, guy loses equilibrium with the first punch.

Johnson is currently ranked #2 in Bellator. Mad respekt for old Fedor.

View attachment 885757
That division........
biZwaWQ9QXBp

Yeah he definitely knows he’s past it and time is about up. But unless he gets hurt badly in this Johnson fight, I think Fedor will finish his contract which has 1 more fight left after that.

People confused about the Johnson fight need to ask themselves: why did Fedor, at age 40, and with injuries, fight 3x in 9 months in a HW tournament? He could’ve taken one-off Maldonado and Mitrione-type fights for the entire duration of his return if he wanted. Fedor entered that tournament because he had a goal: he wants one more belt.

But it’s the same old story ITT: Fedor fights an old legend and he gets shit on for not fighting ranked opponents. He fights a top ranked opponent, and gets shit on for not fighting old legends. :rolleyes:

Johnson is ranked #2, Fedor shouldn't be fighting this guy IMO, but some equally washed up legend such as Cain,JDS, ANderson....
After Fedor demolished Mur and Shell, I had high hopes of him winning the tournament, but damn chin failed him bad. I expected Fedor to KO Bader instead, in the very same fashion, first hook KO.

As a Fedor fanatic,I really don't know why they want this fight,but I support him 1000 pct.

JDS was once a great fighter, that was before Cain 2. Now his chin is almost as bad as Fedor's, guy loses equilibrium with the first punch.
Yet he took multiple shots from Tuivasa and Lewis just fine.
People really disrespect JDS by saying Cain fucked him up so badly he was never the same. JDS isn't some fragile little boy who had a accident and can't play ball anymore.

Tony Ferguson accumulated damage for over a decade before the war with Justin, which was the final straw. Chuck was an iron chinned monster spanning entire eras before the accumulated damage from multiple wars finally caught up with him. JDS was relatively unscathed before the Cain wars and you think he could go from fresh fighter to past his prime just like that? How weak do you think he is?

Good thing we can easily see you're completely wrong. Immediately after the second Cain fight he went to war with Stipe and his cardio, his speed, his power, his durability... he looked truly amazing there against a very dangerous opponent.

I'm really not sure why casuals love repeating that line. Do they even realize what they mean by saying that? They never even mention HOW JDS looked different after the Cain trilogy, it's just the general "Cain destroyed him" line over and over.

So he ducked Overeem, Dos Santos, Barnett, and a rematch with Werdum for Johnson because he's "spearheading the division" and had "quite a win streak which obviously shows he's quite a good fighter..."

He's not on a win streak anymore, and is 3-3 in his last 6 with KO losses to Kongo and Vitaly Minakov. Why not fight Kongo, or any of the others that expressed interest? A win over any of them would be more appealing

Fedor is 45.
I repeat: 45. (Actually, he's already in the 46th...)

He is fighting the #2 ranked HW at Bellator.

Enough said.

So he ducked Overeem, Dos Santos, Barnett, and a rematch with Werdum for Johnson because he's "spearheading the division" and had "quite a win streak which obviously shows he's quite a good fighter..."

He's not on a win streak anymore, and is 3-3 in his last 6 with KO losses to Kongo and Vitaly Minakov. Why not fight Kongo, or any of the others that expressed interest? A win over any of them would be more appealing

fedors been on a retirement tour for a while now if you actually think any of these fights matter you are silly

I agree than win over JDS would make more sense and it would be much easier fight for Fedor. JDS is equally washed up now, but brings name recognition. Johnson is all risk no reward fight now, much more dangerous than JDS.
JDS is not even signed to Bellator. That fight was far from being made.

Also JDS only to top tier guys. He wasn't Koed by a Ryan Bader weak hook.

If we go by stage of his career... Fedor should be fighting Bigfoot Silva who might be the only fighter more shot than him.

Dont call me a casual, but I had to look up this guy. Not talking about Fedor

JDS is not even signed to Bellator. That fight was far from being made.

Also JDS only to top tier guys. He wasn't Koed by a Ryan Bader weak hook.

If we go by stage of his career... Fedor should be fighting Bigfoot Silva who might be the only fighter more shot than him.
JDS would crumble like Mir. Not to say Fedor can't lose in the same fashion. Both paper chin these days.

I'm a big Fedor guy but , Jesus, I see alot of delusional posts.

JDS is washed - no doubt but Fedor more washed . A careful Overeem has little problem with todays Fedor. I believe Fedor thinks he can beat Johnson. Werdum ??
Fabricio obviously on other side of career but makes easy work of today s Fedor.

We'll see what happens.

You guys are too much

Fedor was right to not fight Overeem who was at that time a massive steroid cheat!! Dude was cutting to meet 265 and was cut from stone.. juiced to the shark gills.

If Fedor was on as many roids as Reem, he would have obliterated Reem, no doubt.. imagine Uber Fedor..

Fedor is 45 fighting the 2nd ranked HW in bellator, and you're trashing him? Keep trolling..

The russian was on roid all the career like many others and outside Japan was defeated by an old middleweight (Hendo).

Johnson is ranked #2, Fedor shouldn't be fighting this guy IMO, but some equally washed up legend such as Cain,JDS, ANderson....
After Fedor demolished Mur and Shell, I had high hopes of him winning the tournament, but damn chin failed him bad. I expected Fedor to KO Bader instead, in the very same fashion, first hook KO.
Yeah I agree, older legends make more sense for him. But I definitely respect him for wanting a ranked fighter and trying to accomplish something with his return. It’s just unfortunate because Johnson is traditionally the style of fighter that Fedor would totally style on, but with his age, wear and tear, and shot chin, it’s a crapshoot.

Yeah I agree, older legends make more sense for him. But I definitely respect him for wanting a ranked fighter and trying to accomplish something with his return. It’s just unfortunate because Johnson is traditionally the style of fighter that Fedor would totally style on, but with his age, wear and tear, and shot chin, it’s a crapshoot.
I still predict Fedor by KO odds at 60%

I'm a big Fedor guy but , Jesus, I see alot of delusional posts.

JDS is washed - no doubt but Fedor more washed . A careful Overeem has little problem with todays Fedor. I believe Fedor thinks he can beat Johnson. Werdum ??
Fabricio obviously on other side of career but makes easy work of today s Fedor.

We'll see what happens.

You guys are too much
I can understand your point about Reem, and maybe even JDS, but not Werdum. Werdum has looked like dogshit lately standing. Still very good on the ground, but he’s looked old AF and slow. Fedor sparks current Werdum imho.

Back