• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fear of heights shouldn't be a phobia.

they also can vary in severity.

As a toddler and into young childhood I was held underwater and nearly drowned several dozen times, only let up to breath once I began losing conciousness and went still. Then for whatever reason I couldn't put together the movements to learn to swim until I was nearly an adult. Obviously, the reason is the multiple near drownings. Well, technically drowning is a process with scales of severity so, technically I probably was drowned close to 50 times.
I appreciate this post and I'm glad you're still hanging in there, but I did not give it a like due to the obvious ambiguity. Some here are weird about likes and could misunderstand my intent.

I appreciate this post and I'm glad you're still hanging in there, but I did not give it a like due to the obvious ambiguity. Some here are weird about likes and could misunderstand my intent.
yeah. i get it.

See. the thing was I didn't experience the phobia directly how one might expect. I just experienced it as an extremely frustrating inability to be able to learn to swim that didn't make any sense to me or others.

Back