Law Farmer at Isolated British Farmhouse shoots two burglars at around 1am, killing one and seriously injuring the other. Murder + Attempted Murder Arrest

People say that as soon as the home invader turns their back to you, then they have given up and you cannot shoot them. Their life is now saved. Is the same true if you turn your back to a home invader? Nope. The law has just given them the upper hand.

Pro-SHITBAG policy. Anybody who commits a home invasion deserves to be super-murdered with extreme prejudice, by any and all means or methods necessary. Their life represents a hyper-aggressive cancer that needs to be ruthlessly eliminated the second they forcibly step foot into a private residence without invitation and laws should thoroughly reflect this kind of zero tolerance policy. The idea of a "duty to retreat" is fucking sick too.

This is a mountain out of a molehill thread.

They arrested a man at a scene where he shot 2 people. That's not out of bounds when the police still have to conduct their formal investigation into what happened. And that doesn't change just because everyone is confident that the shot people were burglars (they were arrested for burglary so obviously the cops aren't papering over the relevant details). The interests of justice means that you arrest everyone and investigate.

This shouldn't be a thread until the farmer is actually charged with a crime. A simple arrest at the scene is irrelevant.
This. You don't exonerate him at the scene just because he is the home owner under this legal system. The same thing would happen in the US, they would just "detain" him for questioning. The UK and Aus system removes the ambiguity with you just being arrested and afforded all rights as the investigation proceeds. You get more rights under that system, as opposed to what is effectively an arrest without calling it that under other legal systems. You then lay charges later depending on the intiial investigation.

52c.jpg

Basically this + a body

He learnt from the best. Mel knows his shit.

Rural crime such as stealing from farms is a major problem in the UK. Mainly because of the lack of police officers to cover very large areas. To put it in perspective, it took the Met, the largest police force in the UK, 22 minutes to arrive on the scene after the sword attack this week. In rural areas, it will take much longer for police to respond, and it will often be a single, unarmed copper.

I sincerely hope this turns out to be exactly what it looks like: scumbags tried to rob the wrong farmer and paid the price. In which case, the farmer should face no charges. Hell, I'd shake his hand and buy him a drink. He made the world a better place.

Rural crime such as stealing from farms is a major problem in the UK. Mainly because of the lack of police officers to cover very large areas. To put it in perspective, it took the Met, the largest police force in the UK, 22 minutes to arrive on the scene after the sword attack this week. In rural areas, it will take much longer for police to respond, and it will often be a single, unarmed copper.

I sincerely hope this turns out to be exactly what it looks like: scumbags tried to rob the wrong farmer and paid the price. In which case, the farmer should face no charges. Hell, I'd shake his hand and buy him a drink. He made the world a better place.

Not just farms, either, stables, livery yards etc get targeted a bunch too. Lots of expensive equipment out and about, often unguarded.

These idiots breaking into an actual occupied house put themselves in an unnecessarily dangerous situation, and endangered others above and beyond normal.

allowing foreigners free reign in your country to form rape gangs against your own women .. and now you can't defend your own property ? that whole island has been hijacked .. if the people don't stand up they're gonna lose their homeland entirely

giving foreigners free rein in your country to form rape gangs against your own women and children .. and now you can't defend your own property without being accused of hurting the perp ? the uk has been hijacked .. if the people don't stand up, they're gonna lose their homeland entirely smh

These idiots breaking into an actual occupied house put themselves in an unnecessarily dangerous situation, and endangered others above and beyond normal.

The reason I find home invasions so intolerable is because they invariably carry enormous potential for an entire stack of additional heinous crimes that go hand-in-hand with them: armed robbery, assault and battery, kidnapping, rape, murder, you name it.

The reason I find home invasions so intolerable is because they invariably carry enormous potential for an entire stack of additional heinous crimes that go hand-in-hand with them: armed robbery, assault and battery, kidnapping, rape, murder, you name it.

Yeah it should be a red line.

I think in this case it will be just that, too.

Not just farms, either, stables, livery yards etc get targeted a bunch too. Lots of expensive equipment out and about, often unguarded.

Yeah. Theft of fuel from vehicles or stores is a major problem. Plus criminals using farm land for hare-coursing, dog fighting etc. Bloodsports like that are live-streamed, with shit-bags all over the world betting large sums on the outcome. :mad:

Agreed. If someone is willing to break into my home, I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are only going to steal my property. I will regard it as a life-threatening situation, and respond accordingly.

Why do they mention he's a divorcee in that article title??!
I think it's just standard information to give you a feel for the person.

Yeah. Theft of fuel from vehicles or stores is a major problem. Plus criminals using farm land for hare-coursing, dog fighting etc. Bloodsports like that are live-streamed, with shit-bags all over the world betting large sums on the outcome. :mad:
Yes I used to live on a farm and there were many thefts around the area. They are still going on now. It's been going on for decades. The thieves steal quad bikes, motorbikes, ride-on lawnmowers, power tools, fuel etc.

Apparently it's usually quite professional teams who operate over large areas. They drive long distances with big vans or lorries at night stealing lots of stuff. They are often not deterred by locks, dogs, alarms, tracker chips, serial numbers, UV marks etc. There are also less smooth criminals who do this though, over shorter distances. The great majority of the time no one is caught and the property is never returned. I wonder if they are selling the more expensive items abroad. Occasionally though the Police will catch someone, they usually seem to catch them while they are driving back to base. I think it's almost always the small time copycats they catch. Anyway it makes no difference, in a few months it will happen again.

Once in a while all the Police Forces from Police Scotland as it now is, from the Borders, down to Humberside, South Yorkshire, Manchester and Merseyside, will declare a joint operation and crackdown on Farm Theft but it seems to achieve nothing.

There are also sheep thefts from time to time, from the moors at night. It seems to be gentlemen from places such as Bradford and Kirklees, people who don't eat a lot of sausage rolls doing it.

The response time isn't that important practically most of the time, as the thieves are usually long gone by the time the thefts are noticed. I suppose it would be good for morale if they turned up quickly though. However several times I've spotted poachers, day and night, and the response time would vary from 1:15 to 3 hours, which obviously is usually too late to catch them. They also used to drive up in the police van with headlights and blue lights on at night, which could be seen a long way away and would cause the poachers to turn off their torches and hide, until I told them to stop doing that. Even without the blue lights just driving slower than usual, they can see the headlights moving suspiciously slowly, and the sound of a van engine is distinct from that of a car.

Most criminals aren't very clever, and the poachers would sometimes come and openly walk around during the day on view for hundreds of yards. At night you can also see their torches from a long way, and hear them talking on a still night from a long way. But the enforcement is also so slow (and inept) that they could get away with it, so maybe they're not that stupid. You could at least get their car number plates. They leave signs to each other in the hedges of baling twine tied between branches.

The coppers aren't usually very bright either, not only did they used to drive up with headlights and blue lights, they would misquote me, forget what I'd said a few minutes ago, miss obvious things like lines of flattened grass where the lawnmower had been pushed away etc. They're not usually from the countryside, don't know the area very well, don't seem to have much training or experience in rural policing, and realistically it's a low priority and they would prefer to move their careers on to investigating big drug gangs or murders in the big city ASAP. The rural criminals definitely have the upper hand (they do crime in the countryside but live in the urban areas). If they ever catch the pros it's probably because they got lucky.

Out of every crime I or anyone I know has been the victim of (that I am aware of), the Police only solved one. There was one case of people poaching geese which they stopped. I once had my bag, with a laptop and some other stuff in, stolen from Paddington Library, which had CCTV (I checked with the librarian that they had it, it was working, and they would save the footage). I went and reported it very quickly, then got a letter after a few weeks saying that the CCTV had been deleted and as that was their only lead they were dropping it.

/

Update Three

Mr Lomas's GoFundMe (currently on £17,725 of £20,000)

Mr Lomas has four children and is a privately-educated churchgoer.

People use 'rob' to mean 'steal' constantly, however the earlier burglary is sometimes described as a 'robbery'

It has now emerged Lomas, who is being quizzed on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, had reported being robbed just ten hours earlier.

which would mean he was there when it happened, and attacked or threatened with attack.

_133265596_farmdronepicture.jpg

There have been two further arrests:

On Thursday night, another man, who is in his 30s, was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit burglary. He remains in police custody.

Another man, who is in his late teens, was arrested on Friday on suspicion of assisting an offender.

giving foreigners free rein in your country to form rape gangs against your own women and children .. and now you can't defend your own property without being accused of hurting the perp ? the uk has been hijacked .. if the people don't stand up, they're gonna lose their homeland entirely smh

When did you get unbanned?

Update Four

Everyone involved has been bailed, and the wounded man's injuries are not life-threatening.

Locals living near Mosley Hall Farm said they were stunned. They described Mr Lomas, a former dairy farmer, as 'not a violent type' but said the predominantly rural area had been plagued with crime and his farm was particularly vulnerable because it was so isolated.

I think it's just standard information to give you a feel for the person.

Yes I used to live on a farm and there were many thefts around the area. They are still going on now. It's been going on for decades. The thieves steal quad bikes, motorbikes, ride-on lawnmowers, power tools, fuel etc.

Apparently it's usually quite professional teams who operate over large areas. They drive long distances with big vans or lorries at night stealing lots of stuff. They are often not deterred by locks, dogs, alarms, tracker chips, serial numbers, UV marks etc. There are also less smooth criminals who do this though, over shorter distances. The great majority of the time no one is caught and the property is never returned. I wonder if they are selling the more expensive items abroad. Occasionally though the Police will catch someone, they usually seem to catch them while they are driving back to base. I think it's almost always the small time copycats they catch. Anyway it makes no difference, in a few months it will happen again.

Once in a while all the Police Forces from Police Scotland as it now is, from the Borders, down to Humberside, South Yorkshire, Manchester and Merseyside, will declare a joint operation and crackdown on Farm Theft but it seems to achieve nothing.

There are also sheep thefts from time to time, from the moors at night. It seems to be gentlemen from places such as Bradford and Kirklees, people who don't eat a lot of sausage rolls doing it.

The response time isn't that important practically most of the time, as the thieves are usually long gone by the time the thefts are noticed. I suppose it would be good for morale if they turned up quickly though. However several times I've spotted poachers, day and night, and the response time would vary from 1:15 to 3 hours, which obviously is usually too late to catch them. They also used to drive up in the police van with headlights and blue lights on at night, which could be seen a long way away and would cause the poachers to turn off their torches and hide, until I told them to stop doing that. Even without the blue lights just driving slower than usual, they can see the headlights moving suspiciously slowly, and the sound of a van engine is distinct from that of a car.

Most criminals aren't very clever, and the poachers would sometimes come and openly walk around during the day on view for hundreds of yards. At night you can also see their torches from a long way, and hear them talking on a still night from a long way. But the enforcement is also so slow (and inept) that they could get away with it, so maybe they're not that stupid. You could at least get their car number plates. They leave signs to each other in the hedges of baling twine tied between branches.

The coppers aren't usually very bright either, not only did they used to drive up with headlights and blue lights, they would misquote me, forget what I'd said a few minutes ago, miss obvious things like lines of flattened grass where the lawnmower had been pushed away etc. They're not usually from the countryside, don't know the area very well, don't seem to have much training or experience in rural policing, and realistically it's a low priority and they would prefer to move their careers on to investigating big drug gangs or murders in the big city ASAP. The rural criminals definitely have the upper hand (they do crime in the countryside but live in the urban areas). If they ever catch the pros it's probably because they got lucky.

Out of every crime I or anyone I know has been the victim of (that I am aware of), the Police only solved one. There was one case of people poaching geese which they stopped. I once had my bag, with a laptop and some other stuff in, stolen from Paddington Library, which had CCTV (I checked with the librarian that they had it, it was working, and they would save the footage). I went and reported it very quickly, then got a letter after a few weeks saying that the CCTV had been deleted and as that was their only lead they were dropping it.

/

Update Three

Mr Lomas's GoFundMe (currently on £17,725 of £20,000)

Mr Lomas has four children and is a privately-educated churchgoer.

People use 'rob' to mean 'steal' constantly, however the earlier burglary is sometimes described as a 'robbery'

which would mean he was there when it happened, and attacked or threatened with attack.

_133265596_farmdronepicture.jpg

There have been two further arrests:

Loved the Bradford qnd and Kirklees reference! Lived in kirklees for over a decade! Lot of those lads there for sure

- The home is sacred to anym animal. Not just humans. Animals will protect their territories also.

A story about this just happened to pop up today. Perhaps the thieves didn't bother to check a smaller tool for a tracking chip. Look at the scale of theft by these bastards. It's like Ali Baba's cave:

TELEMMGLPICT000376780177_17151757862850_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqS-8ZDRm4ByAYQktLUiwAmFHwtdpQwyNje2OyIL7x97s.jpeg

A stolen power tool with a tracking device led police to a cache of missing caravans and vehicles, a slew of tools and a quad bike.

Police searching for a single power tool were staggered when it led them to a hoard of more than 1,000 suspected stolen items that could be worth more than £500,000.

The find is one of the largest Kent Police has dealt with and images show hundreds of drills, garden equipment, boxes of tools and a hoover were among the haul recovered.

The discovery was made after a tradesman who had suffered multiple thefts attached trackers to his tools. When officers from the force’s Rural Task Force followed a GPS signal they discovered the other items.

The quad bike is suspected to have been stolen from Ashford, while the six caravans are thought to have been from thefts in Bristol, Wales, Southampton, Staffordshire and Sussex. Four vehicles were also seized along with a huge number of power tools.

TELEMMGLPICT000376780174_17151760530780_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqNJjoeBT78QIaYdkJdEY4CnGTJFJS74MYhNY6w3GNbO8.jpeg

Five local men, aged between 18 and 44, were arrested alongside a 19-year-old woman and 17-year-old boy on suspicion of multiple offences relating to theft.

if the farmer is charged with murder then that will mean the UK has finally reached its final form. A full left wing authoritarian shit hole.
Lol, the Tories are running England currently, maybe left wing if compared with the NSDAP.

Back