Fantasy Football Discussion V2: Draft Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
But consider that the difference in Jeff and Bryant last year was 50 points..over the course of the year.. now if you can can grab a serious rb2 instead and then pick up Jeff in the 3rd or 4th, you can easily make up that difference and then some..

not to mention that Jeff is going to do more this year than last because he isnt losing red zone targets to Bmarsh

I would have to see which RBs are expected to be there. I just think getting too cute early can bite you in the end. Dez is an elite player hitting his peak. He's about as safe as it gets. Grab your RB in R1 and you should be fine.

I say skip the 2 QBs and just expand the league to 14, 16, or 20 teams. I think 20 teams is ideal.

I did the opposite - expanded the rosters and went to eight teams. Those two leagues are my most fun leagues.

BTW if you have info you want me to post about your league in the OP, let me know and I'll edit it.

But consider that the difference in Jeff and Bryant last year was 50 points..over the course of the year.. now if you can can grab a serious rb2 instead and then pick up Jeff in the 3rd or 4th, you can easily make up that difference and then some..

not to mention that Jeff is going to do more this year than last because he isnt losing red zone targets to Bmarsh

I do that stuff but not thinking of taking the WR/RB in the next round. If I have a ton of sleeper WR's that I know I will get late then I will pass Dez in the 2nd for a RB/QB in the 2nd and leave more holes at WR for later with my sleepers. What I know I will get later helps me decide who I take in the early rounds since so many guys are close in talent.

I would have to see which RBs are expected to be there. I just think getting too cute early can bite you in the end. Dez is an elite player hitting his peak. He's about as safe as it gets. Grab your RB in R1 and you should be fine.

Dez is also always looking to score, just like Gronk. He's about as safe as it comes to guaranteeing 10 TD's.

And Dez was only 12th in targets last year. So he still has room to improve.

I did the opposite - expanded the rosters and went to eight teams. Those two leagues are my most fun leagues.

BTW if you have info you want me to post about your league in the OP, let me know and I'll edit it.

Thanks! I might have to adjust the date/time of my Live Draft since I don't want to step on on any of yours. I'm sure we have some crossover managers in both our leagues.

I owned Dez last season, and it was annoying as fuck to watch Romo look elsewhere and/or the Cowboys to use him as a decoy from time to time knowing he's the best weapon they have.
Thanks! I might have to adjust the date/time of my Live Draft since I don't want to step on on any of yours. I'm sure we have some crossover managers in both our leagues.

Yeah, just let me know. I'd join your league but I'm topped out in eight leagues.

Yep...20 teams is boring..Not harder. The small choices you make with leftover pickups have almost no meaning. I have done plenty of them in baseball and football. The choices you make with the fa in 10 teamers have way more impact daily. Plus not having to deal with 20 owners.....

My favorite football leagues are 8 teamers: Starting 9 total rb/wr/te's.

QB- 2
RB- 3
WR-4
TE-1
Flex- 1
K- 1
Def- 1

Last edited:
I owned Dez last season, and it was annoying as fuck to watch Romo look elsewhere and/or the Cowboys to use him as a decoy from time to time knowing he's the best weapon they have.

Agreed. I think this year, just based on no Murray, they'll have to throw the ball more. They'd be dumb not to throw the ball more to him.

Yeah, just let me know. I'd join your league but I'm topped out in eight leagues.

Same here. Maxed out on teams.

Have Dez as my 4th WR right now but could move him ahead of J. Jones by the time all my drafts start.

Yep...20 teams is boring..Not harder. The small choices you make with leftover pickups have almost no meaning. I have done plenty of them in baseball and football. The choices you make with the fa in 10 teamers have way more impact daily. Plus not having to deal with 20 owners.....

My favorite football leagues are 8 teamers: Starting 10 total rb/wr/te's.

QB- 2
RB- 3
WR-4
TE-1
Flex- 1
K- 1
Def- 1

My leagues incorporate IDP too, so it's much more in-depth and intriguing. I always get compliments on the setup.

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, (8 offense)

K (1 kicker)

DEF (1 Team defense)

D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB, LB, (9 defense)

BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, (6 bench)

Agreed.. Dallas is def going to throw the ball more this year with their shit rb situation...

I picked up Terrence Williams because I think he's going to see an increase in targets as well..

lol why? Marshall is gone.

Dez is better but I was talking more about the opportunities and touches.

Dez had more receptions on less targets with better numbers across the board.

Jeffrey is a stud but hes not on Dez' level.

Have Dez as my 4th WR right now but could move him ahead of J. Jones by the time all my drafts start.

Julio has had a single double digit TD season. Theyre so far apart in TDs I cant see a case for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back