Fantasy Football Discussion V2: Draft Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the

Steel Belt
Reaction score
Last edited:
I would also suggest if you like FFB, like making money and are decent at both to tryout draft kings as well

Amari Cooper number 1 overall.

If you think drafting a rookie RB who isn't even the #1 back on the team as your RB2 is wise... then by all means...

Upside is there for sure, but they also have Theo Riddick who is a very talented pass catching back.

I also agree Bell sort of sucks, but he finished with 4 less fantasy points (standard) than Shady last year. And he had more receptions.

Yeah, the upside with Abdullah really seems great right now, but it's always helpful to temper expectations. It's still hard to trust very small running backs to hold up all season long. I expect him to do much better in PPR leagues than standard leagues. I don't even see him having a Reggie Bush-rookie type of season.

hate ppr and hate people who defend it

Just did a mock picking 12th in a 12 man league. Decided to try Rb-RB:

QB: Ryan Tannehill
WR: Brandin Cooks
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Keenan Allen
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Jeremy Hill
Flex: Sammy Watkins
TE: Josh Hill

Virtually every single pick I had i saw more than 1 receiver I would have been fine taking there. That position just seems ridiculously deep this year to the point where I didn't feel too bad passing on Julio Jones in the first.

RB is just a wasteland; worse than usual. I'm either going to go RB-RB or wait really long until I take a RB2.

I'm doing my 3rd (and likely final) draft and it's by far my best draft so far. Of course it sucks that this one is free and the other two are money leagues.

PPR. 3 pt passing TDs. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE. 12 teams

1.06 - AP (no idea how he fell here)
2.07 - Hill
3.06 - Evans
4.07 - Benjamin
5.06 - Cooper
6.07 - Vereen
7.06 - Allen Robinson

Going to probably grab a Brady/Eli or Brady/Rivers combo here next. Then I just have to hit on my TE with like Walker or ASJ.

Last edited:
I have more fun in my PPR leagues than I do my standard leagues (though I love both of them).

I like all formats of fantasy football. I do think having 7 receptions for 40 yards and getting 11 points is sort of wack though, of course. I think 1/2 PPR is the best format.

No reason to play 1960's style anymore. PPR way better and gives wr's the extra boost to catch up to rb's. Starting 2 qb's is the other thing that makes drafts more fun instead of a all RB early draft.

Yet look at everyones top ten overall pick in draft this year. Rodgers/Luck and many rb's. Why I love baseball. You see all kinds of positions drafted. Football is a RB heavy draft and even more in non PPR or one qb leagues. I did drafts many times back in the day where 16-18 of the top 20 picks were rb's in leagues we started 3 rb's. I Have the first and 2nd picks in my two money leagues with 2 starting qb's and I am taking Rodgers/Luck in them. One QB and I don't take a QB for ten rounds. But you can't wait with two since they go way earlier and often.

Yet look at everyones top ten overall pick in draft this year. Rodgers/Luck and many rb's. Why I love baseball. You see all kinds of positions drafted. Football is a RB heavy draft and even more in non PPR or one qb leagues. I did drafts many times back in the day where 16-18 of the top 20 picks were rb's in leagues we started 3 rb's. I Have the first and 2nd picks in my two money leagues with 2 starting qb's and I am taking Rodgers/Luck in them. One QB and I don't take a QB for ten rounds. But you can't wait with two since they go way earlier and often.

Well I have Gronk, AB and Dez in my top 10. I also think it's RB heavy because it's such a tough position to draft... guys get hurt, new guys emerge, etc. It's not because the scoring is so favorable for them in standard.

People draft RB first because finding a consistent #1 back's point difference is massive compared to all the committee backs, compared to WR....

It's the same reason people were taking gronk and graham, the drop off compared to other players is why. Dat upside.

I can understand going WR/WR/WR this year.

It depends on how strongly you feel about mid round RBs. I'm seeing many teams go this route, or atleast WR/WR, but they are going into the year with Hyde and Ellington combos as their RBs.

I personally don't have as much faith in the Hydes/Ellingtons/Ingrams jumping up big as I do with the Jordan Matthews/Kelvin Benjamins/Brandin Cooks etc... I think this is especially true if we really are in an era now where rookie WR can make an immediate impact like last year.

I can see letting the RB 2 position hang for a while, but if you don't have at least one big time RB I don't think it's going to cut it.

Zach Ertz will miss the entire preseason with a "core muscle injury" in his groin.

Red flags abound.

Lolol at 3 WR back to back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back