Social Families of Sandy Hook victims score victory in lawsuit against Alex Jones, Infowars

Persecuting people like Alex Jones that spread this kind of misinfromation would probably help.
I do not share your fascist tendencies. I think prosecuting Alex Jones was the correct way to go about this.

We have libel laws. Neutering the practical existence of free speech-- especially as it exists in the hearts of the people-- is an act of a Machiavellian drunk on his perceptions of his own good intentions.

Hey Mad, how come trolls get banned in every other subforum, but some in the warroom get a pass?

Some of the people in this thread are fucking stupid, outright stupid. Alex Jones did not just "ask some questions". If that was all he had done then no one would care much about him at all.

Alex Jones took some strange or hard to explain factoids (some photoshopped bullshit too) and made massive assumptions and accusations over time-- that caused real harm to innocent people.

Parents whose kids died that day were accused of lying and being actors, harassed repeatedly to the point of having to move more than once, and many were no longer able to go and visit the graves of their children.

Alex made direct statements that arose to the level of libel and that is why he is being punished in the court of law.

Ask all the questions you want but if you are going to make direct statements about specific people they better damn well be true and provable.

You guys have been propogandized into a living death over this Alex Jones/sandy hook thing. You guys have been told to be outraged.

Last edited:
You guys have been propogandized into a living death over this Alex Jones/sandy hook thing. You guys have been told to be outraged.

How do you even will yourself to write something so stupid?

Are you too daft to realize that if people think Alex Jones is trying to market himself off of a mass shooting, irregardless of the harm he causes to the families of children shot dead, that they would be outraged?

It's like when you guys lose an argument you just start throwing out the same word-soup without even thinking it through.

Are you too daft to realize that if people think Alex Jones is trying to market himself off of a mass shooting, irregardless of the harm he causes to the families of children shot dead, that they would be outraged?

It's like when you guys lose an argument you just start throwing out the same word-soup without even thinking it through.

Your overreaction to anything sandy hook is not natural. You've been programmed my friend.

Oh boo hoo. You guys have been propogandized into a living death over this Alex Jones/sandy hook thing. You guys have been told to be outraged.
Tavistock/Fabian Society is real. I can’t beleive people ignore the truth about sociology.

*regardless

Is it actually illegal to profit from being a conspiracy theorist?

I get suing for damages, but I don't see the overall picture that they're trying to paint here. What is the point of the records, and whether or not he profited off of bullshit? Of course he profited off of bullshit, but I don't believe it's illegal to do, if all you're offering is your opinion, and not a physical product.

I guess it could play a part in the settlement.

Internal documents are likely to contain acknowledgement that Jones was aware what he saying wasn't true and still said it to turn a profit for his site. That's going to factor into the ability to prove the defamation occured and possible damages, particularly on the punitive end if that jurisdiction allows it.

The really sad part about this story, is that this hasn't been used to discredit Jones.

Two possibilities here. Jones actually believed this. He wasn't just asking questions. He was making declarative statements. That makes him a idiot no one should listen to. I ask many questions. I even questioned Sandy Hook when it happened. Asking questions and making declarative statements are two very different things.

Option two, he didn't believe what he was saying. If their is evidence of this Jones should be sued, and face a penalty.

I make these statements to make something very clear. Unless you can show Jones intentionally decieved, he shouldn't lose this civil suit.

They need to show he knowing made false statements. Without that, we are back to lynchings people, we would just be doing it in a court room.

My education and life experience have taught me that bearing false witness harms people sometimes permanently. It does not take a geniis to figure that out or a sait to be careful with peoples reputations..

Alex Jones went too far way to far. Apparently the laws of this country agree.

Alao literaly no one told me to be outraged.....

I will go beyond oh boo hoo. Here is a video of a father of a SH victim, that used to be a CT'er.

You sure you want to defend Jones on this?

It's one thing to ask questions. Jones went far beyond that here.

If you want to defend Jones at all, it should be on the grounds that they have to show, that he was knowingly making false statements, which will be near impossible unless Jones is dumb enough to have some e-mailed stating this.

It's a sad example of how far the right wing has fallen that this clown has followers.

Right wing media used to mean the Wall Street Journal. Today it means FrontPage Mag.
There are just as many shitty leftist outlets

Liberal 'journalists' are praising the fact that a 10 yearold boy is dressing in drag and dancing in a club full of pedos.

Why do the words of one man create so much panic? Are we that fearful as a people? Do we have this little faith? The illusion of control I believe is our downfall.
cos it encourages reterds like @Ripskater to spew bollocks

1. Ya it's bad. Horrible to be honest. But I blame the people who created all this conspiracy stuff by actually conspiring. They've done so much corrupt horrible murderous things that now people have to really second guess anything a person in power says
There is actually some merit to this, distrust in government and media institutions because of its lies and conspiracies that have been propagated by them is incredibly high because, there is some truth to it.

But you can't totally drink the kool-aid and realise it's just money, whenever money is involved and someone can make a buck they will. So in turn pseudo-journalists will make up conspiracies to get more subscribers so that they can make a buck.

Basically just question every source and always hold off on going into the deep end until you get corroborating evidence.

The really sad part about this story, is that this hasn't been used to discredit Jones.

Two possibilities here. Jones actually believed this. He wasn't just asking questions. He was making declarative statements. That makes him a idiot no one should listen to. I ask many questions. I even questioned Sandy Hook when it happened. Asking questions and making declarative statements are two very different things.

Option two, he didn't believe what he was saying. If their is evidence of this Jones should be sued, and face a penalty.

I make these statements to make something very clear. Unless you can show Jones intentionally decieved, he shouldn't lose this civil suit.

They need to show he knowing made false statements. Without that, we are back to lynchings people, we would just be doing it in a court room.

I'm not defending Jones on anything tho. I'm saying that you guys have programmed to overreact to Alex Jones and Sandy Hook.

Still reckon nobody in the general public would have given a damn if Alex hadn't become a significant Trump supporter during the election.

The Americans love their conspiracies, murder mysteries and anti-government takes, no matter how intrusive they may have been to people's personal lives. Struggle to see the difference here. In ten years time, Sandy Hook and everything else will be stuff of legends, with plenty of people speculating about them, like they do about JFK, Roswell, the Moon landings and so forth.

Back