Social Families of Sandy Hook victims score victory in lawsuit against Alex Jones, Infowars

his lawyer did claim that he’s just portraying a character. Replace libel with satire and he’s good to go.
Except when his lawyer did that during his divorce he said he is completely behind what he says. He's already strongly presented who he is. Now he forever owns his words.

Plus to avoid cases like this those who present satire or opinions make it very clear with disclaimers what they are doing is fake or an opinion. Alex Jones wouldn't have a career if he did that. He can't portray himself as a source of facts then back out of it when he gets called out on his bs. He has let it very much be known that he stands behind what he says so now he has to deal with it.

Right wing media used to mean the Wall Street Journal. Today it means FrontPage Mag.

If the Knights of Columbus is an “extreme right-wing” group, and the neo-Nazi organization Vanguard America is also an “extreme right-wing” group, then the words “extreme right-wing” do not mean anything.

But we already knew that.

These are remarkable times. Remarkably stupid, but remarkable nonetheless. The evolution of the English language into whatever its Idiocracy future is going to be is happening right here before our eyes and ears.

.... (Later)

We have been hearing for some years now how domestic political pressure has hamstrung needful actions against “far-right extremist groups,” which, we are also told, represent a larger and more serious terrorism threat than do the various jihadist groups with which we have become too familiar over the past — can you believe it has been that long? — 18 years.

Inevitably, this invites the question: “What’s a right-wing extremist group?” From lawyer Jill Filipovic, a fellow at the New America Foundation, we have an answer: the Knights of Columbus. That the Knights of Columbus is a right-wing extremist group is not an idea from the fringe: Filipovic’s New America colleagues include Anne-Marie Slaughter and David Brooks, which is not to say that she speaks for them, but she isn’t some person wandering the street with a sandwich board, either. In the Senate, Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirono have proceeded in accord with Filipovic’s view, suggesting that a federal judiciary nominee should be disqualified from the bench because of his membership in the Catholic philanthropic group.

If the Knights of Columbus is an “extreme right-wing” group, and the neo-Nazi organization Vanguard America is also an “extreme right-wing” group, then the words “extreme right-wing” do not mean anything.

But we already knew that.

These are remarkable times. Remarkably stupid, but remarkable nonetheless. The evolution of the English language into whatever its Idiocracy future is going to be is happening right here before our eyes and ears.

Consider the case of Dana Schultz, a well-regarded painter who called down the furies by painting a picture of Emmett Till, a black teenager who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955. Till’s family, with the support of civil-rights activists, insisted on an open coffin at the funeral, and photographs of the young man’s mangled body were widely distributed. It was a powerful gesture. Schultz’s painting, “Open Casket,” is based on those images, and was shown, for a moment, at the Whitney Biennial. But it was removed after protests.

The complaint of the protesters? Dana Schultz is white.

“White free speech and white creative freedom have been founded on the constraint of others, and are not natural rights. The painting must go,” the artist Hannah Black wrote. “Contemporary art is a fundamentally white supremacist institution despite all our nice friends.” Black complained: “The subject matter is not Schultz’s.” Whose is it? Hers? Hannah Black is a British woman who lives in Berlin. She is black. Does she speak for Mississippi? For Emmett Till? Who deputized her?

If we are to take seriously the notion that freedom of speech is illegitimate when applied to white people, how exactly should we proceed? Should we take a poll of African Americans every time somebody wants to paint a picture? What if there’s a tie? Which white people are to be thus remanded? All of them? Even the Irish?

(Full opinion piece)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/knights-of-columbus-jill-filipovic-right-wing-extremists/

Lmao Alex Jones cucked again! BTFO!

<36>

No but for reals, dude is a scumbag for how he disrespected those dead children and their families.

Alex Jones is a detestable human being who is capitalizing on people's mythological minds and stupidity to make profit. But his treatment of the parents of the Hook shooting is by far and away the worst thing he has ever done. I hope he pays dearly for it.

Long overdue.

The way he libeled these people was criminal.

I hope they get all his monies.
HEAN7An.png

Yeah, obviously. That doesn't really answer my question as to why the records are important though.

I would guess to know what kind of damages and malicious intent they are looking at

Lmao Alex Jones cucked again! BTFO!

<36>

No but for reals, dude is a scumbag for how he disrespected those dead children and their families.

Yeah as for Jones its a case of Play Stupid games win Stupid prices.

It’s fucking ridiculous how gullible some people are. The reason @Edison Carasio gave you is the truth, makes perfect sense and you fucking ignore it to spout more bullshit. This is what is just the worst about conspiracy theorists, the constant well I don’t know (despite all of the evidence being in front of you). Fuck off, especially when it comes to dead kids.

And just for the record, I know the person using that account is just a troll. The responses to him are mostly using him as a surrogate for the thousands of fucktards that actually act like this troll account.

Long overdue.

The way he libeled these people was criminal.
And what @Ripskater is doing here to further and continue it, ignoring any facts that are presented to continue the 'we don't know so...' is equally criminal and he should be censured for it. His trolling is crossing lines here and if he wants to claim its not trolling, then his stupidity is.

Alex Jones had reason to question the Sandy Hook story we were told.

I just look at the evidence. In one of his stories, Robby Parker said in his interview he was at work and could not get to the school. I his 911 call he says he's outside the school and can hear the gunshots inside the school. 2 different stories.

Noah Pozner supposedly died in the Sandy Hook School shooting and also in a Pakistan school shooting.
tumblr_mf3xviBwWZ1qajc4eo2_250.jpg

bbc-pozner1.jpg

mourning-noah-pozner-in-pakistan.jpg

That kid is dead.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/info-boors/
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2016/09/the-sandy-hook-hoax.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/business/media/sandy-hook-conspiracies-leonard-pozner.html
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ool-hoax-massacre-conspiracists-victim-father

1 out of 100 posters will not be bright enough to grasp this. Nothing can be done about that. Nature of our species.

Persecuting people like Alex Jones that spread this kind of misinfromation would probably help.

I’m not really sure what the depth was about the Alex Jones situation, but no one should be thrown under the bus for questioning anything. Soon America could end up like Europe where simply questioning the events surrounding the Holocaust will result in jail time; that’s unbelievable.

I’m not really sure what the depth was about the Alex Jones situation, but no one should be thrown under the bus for questioning anything. Soon America could end up like Europe where simply questioning the events surrounding the Holocaust will result in jail time; that’s unbelievable.

He didnt question it, he called them liars and said their kid never existed.

Except no one is crucifying him for questioning things. He's being sued for making unsubstantiated claims causing parents of murdered children to be harassed to the points of death threats. Very big difference.

Some of the people in this thread are fucking stupid, outright stupid. Alex Jones did not just "ask some questions". If that was all he had done then no one would care much about him at all.

Alex Jones took some strange or hard to explain factoids (some photoshopped bullshit too) and made massive assumptions and accusations over time-- that caused real harm to innocent people.

Parents whose kids died that day were accused of lying and being actors, harassed repeatedly to the point of having to move more than once, and many were no longer able to go and visit the graves of their children.

Alex made direct statements that arose to the level of libel and that is why he is being punished in the court of law.

Ask all the questions you want but if you are going to make direct statements about specific people they better damn well be true and provable.

What I like about Alex Jones is he did not care his wife used to have ads on a prostitution website. She had ads offering nude hotel room massages. You have a hotel room, Joneses wife would get nude and rub you down.
He did not let the fact that his wife has jerked of hundreds or maybe even thousands of cocks get in the way of his love. Most men would be too alpha to wife up a prostitute but not Jones. He got past the fact his wife made money off getting nude and rubbing down lots of men.
Alex Jones is a bigger man then me. No way would I wife up a sex worker.

What I like about Alex Jones is he did not care his wife used to have ads on a prostitution website. She had ads offering nude hotel room massages. You have a hotel room, Joneses wife would get nude and rub you down.
He did not let the fact that his wife has jerked of hundreds or maybe even thousands of cocks get in the way of his love. Most men would be too alpha to wife up a prostitute but not Jones. He got past the fact his wife made money off getting nude and rubbing down lots of men.
Alex Jones is a bigger man then me. No way would I wife up a sex worker.

Why would he give a shit? Evidence has proven that Jones is into men who dress up as girls and get fake tits. If anything, he probably wishes he was his wife getting to jerk off guys all day.

Back