fake black belt at UFC gym

i feel terrible, this fake one was horribly misguided along his journey too you know....

but thats just me..

i feel terrible, this fake one was horribly misguided along his journey too you know....

but thats just me..

The guy who is calling him out, actually acknowledges this at one point. He said something like, "this man doesn't even know it, but he is actually cheating himself as well."

The dude may have sounded a little bit douchey with the whole, "since 2011 bro" thing, but he's a goddamn goldmine of reality checks.

The guy who is calling him out, actually acknowledges this at one point. He said something like, "this man doesn't even know it, but he is actually cheating himself as well."

The dude may have sounded a little bit douchey with the whole, "since 2011 bro" thing, but he's a goddamn goldmine of reality checks.

"he needs to be honest and truthful, throw on that white belt, and work his way up like the rest of us" lol

It's really disappointing to see this and it hurts our sport of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu we spend hours on the mat working towards belt ranks and such, for someone to lie and scam peoples money and waste there time is just unfortunate. I hope this doesn't become a reoccurring thing in the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu community tho it's a good thing they caught him.

I hope everyone with Twitter accounts is sending this to Dana White.

That said, I believe the fat guy could be a black belt. Just in TKD or some other non BJJ martial art.

His refusal to answer the lineage question was a dead giveaway in my opinion.

There is not a legit black belt in the world who will refuse to tell you who he got his belt from or who he regularly trans under.

LOL at the dude rolling around on the floor 'in agony' while he's getting called out.

Guy knows he's been had. It's why he keeps rolling around like a dope.

Always gonna find scammers.

I know 2 BBs that refused to say who gave them their BBs.

They got away for years with it.

They have had hundreds of students that worship them through the years.

An unified database will not help as they will just have their bs excuse that people are willing to swallow.

Then how do we stop them?

By punishing their followers! Not allowed to enter competitions.

But even with that BS excuse, anyone with even passable Google fu will be able to check and verify their credentials. Just because some people are sheep who will follow regardless of the validity of their coaches' abilities, that doesn't mean all should have to suffer from the vastly inefficient "What's your lineage?"-style of current BJJ credential verification.

The problem is not the database, it's who controls it and under what criteria. Even if those people are well-intentioned, as I'm sure the IBJJF is in many ways, they will have to deal with the inevitable loopholes and paradoxes. For instance, out here in the Bay Area (and everywhere else I'm sure) it's ridiculously common for people to get awarded belts by a 'Godfather instructor' who barely knows the student, because it offers more credibility than getting it from the local guy who really gave it to you.

Well, considering the arbitrary nature of BJJ promotion practices, I don't see an issue with just having to pay a fee for a official black belt registration in ____ organization upon being rewarded the rank by your instructor.

1)LOL @ the White meatloaf
2)belts are for show
3)what matters are skills
4)people pay for belts

Last edited:
1)LOL @ the White meatloaf
2)belts are for show
3)what matters are skills
4)people pay for belts

While I agree with points 2 through 4, point 4 is exactly THE POINT...but let me address 2 and 3 first.

Back in 2007 I rolled with a guy no gi for about 15 different training sessions. He wasn't a world beater, but he was smooth to the point you could tell he wasn't anywhere near a novice and had what I'd consider to be about mid-level purple belt skills. I asked him what belt he was and he said "I don't have a belt, I believe it is better to be good than belted." That transformed my views on the belt ranking system employed by just about every art, BJJ included.

But on to point 4. People do pay for belts...some people pay to get them, but more importantly, many people pay to learn from them. When someone fraudulently misrepresents their qualifications and puts themselves into an instructor role, the students are getting short changed. Any blue belt or purple belt can teach an arm bar, a black belt can pick up on and clean up the smallest of details to make the move more effective for the student. A decade or more of learning and years of teaching experience are invaluable, recognizing that different students will have different games and catering the method of instruction delivery to "click" for the student is so crucial. Yes, there is a difference. Not every black belt is an amazing teacher, and not every purple belt is incompetent at teaching...but if I'm paying to take classes from a black belt, I'd best be getting black belt level instruction.

I look at it much like a college education. If I were going to law school at Yale or Harvard, I would expect to get the level of instruction that I am paying for from professors who have years and years of experience as a lawyer. If I found out my "professor" was a paralegal without a bachelors degree but they'd hung around a lawyers office and filled out forms for about 5 years before getting the job...well...I'd be pissed, especially if they were passing themselves off as a lawyer with teaching credentials.

it's an expensive sport no one will teach you for free except for youtube lol

I actually feel pretty bad for this dude. Imagine how fucked up his thinking is to believe that A) he could ghet away with that, in america, in 2015, and B) that he needed to do that. how low your self-esteem must be to think that way. dude has problems.

dude should have scored some dans on his belt with white electrical tape to reach higher black belt status

Last edited:
One of the youtube posts read that his shirt says UFC but his body says KFC...now that's funny

Back