fake black belt at UFC gym

Omg ...I rolled and talked to this guy. At Martinez gym Scholfield Army base. Maybe 2008/9.
He told me all this stuff, how he is trained, etc. The type of guy who tells you his fight experience in the first hour you meet him.
He wasn't a black belt then imo from his rolling. His boxing was pathetic as well, which I saw on another day. He also tried to tell me how he could get me fights. I didn't know he was the scumbag who promoted a venue then bailed. I think this was to be on post and MWR was supporting the venue in part.

Anyway he should get messed up from claiming to be a bb. Not permanently, but I think he should've had that hold down done on him...then work on his face and body a bit.

On a similar topic a few years ago I rolled with a visiting brown belt. Sad. I didn't think he was brown belt material. But I think he was legit, just not as decent as he should be and so gassed. Now as an old man, I know that gassed feeling.

Maybe he's an Army combatives bb? Not bjj...trying to pass off as bjj.

One of the youtube posts read that his shirt says UFC but his body says KFC...now that's funny

I laughed out fucking loud. I have coworkers in our worker's lounge looking at me funny.

That was gold.

The purple belt is my teammate at North Texas MMA. That particular UFC gym opened a couple of months ago right across the street from our school. My instructor, Tery Corkran, is one of Carlos Machado's first American black belts and has been in business for over 15 years. NTMMA was one of the first BJJ schools in the DFW area.

This originally got started after one of our OTHER purple belts (He's 160# dripping wet and in his late 50's) stopped by the UFC gym to just check it out. Ended up rolling with the "black belt" BJJ instructor and then tapped the "black belt" 3 times. The UFC school instructor then told our guy that he was just "letting him work" and "I would roll through anyone at your school". So that's why Justin went over and dropped in. Justin even called in advance and scheduled the roll session with their guy. So he not only got tapped by one but two of our purple belts. Also their striking coach is also a fraud. So the whole deal is a fraud over there!

The purple belt is my teammate at North Texas MMA. That particular UFC gym opened a couple of months ago right across the street from our school. My instructor, Tery Corkran, is one of Carlos Machado's first American black belts and has been in business for over 15 years. NTMMA was one of the first BJJ schools in the DFW area.

This originally got started after one of our OTHER purple belts (He's 160# dripping wet and in his late 50's) stopped by the UFC gym to just check it out. Ended up rolling with the "black belt" BJJ instructor and then tapped the "black belt" 3 times. The UFC school instructor then told our guy that he was just "letting him work" and "I would roll through anyone at your school". So that's why Justin went over and dropped in. Justin even called in advance and scheduled the roll session with their guy. So he not only got tapped by one but two of our purple belts. Also their striking coach is also a fraud. So the whole deal is a fraud over there!
Good stuff - Keep DFW BJJ Legit homie.

Will you be at AGF this weekend?

Good stuff - Keep DFW BJJ Legit homie.

Will you be at AGF this weekend?

Right on! Very proud of Justin for doing what needed to be done. Just glad it was Justin and not Tery that got a hold of him. That would have been real ugly!

Yes I and the team are all competing at AGF this weekend.. You competing Nate?

Right on! Very proud of Justin for doing what needed to be done. Just glad it was Justin and not Tery that got a hold of him. That would have been real ugly!

Yes I and the team are all competing at AGF this weekend.. You competing Nate?

Not planning too, probably be there to help one of our purple belts coach. What's your name? I'll be on the lookout for you. If I'm there I'll be in a red alvarez shirt with a gray thermal under (typical tourney coaching attire for me haha).

Good job! I hope you guys are all posting that to your local social media so everyone in the area knows what they are getting over there.

BTW, you should put a sign in your parking lot advertising "Learn BJJ from a real BB here"

Good job! I hope you guys are all posting that to your local social media so everyone in the area knows what they are getting over there.

BTW, you should put a sign in your parking lot advertising "Learn BJJ from a real BB here"

LOL yes that gym is toast! its all over our guys social media pages!

I see what you're saying, but that's not exactly analogous, as the purple belt in that situation has already competed against other world class grapplers and learned from it, whereas the black belt has not.

I guess it is possible of course, but I've just never heard of this happening to an actual black belt, certainly not in a gi... bear in mind even Marcelo Garcia was a black belt when he started dominating everyone (if I'm not mistaken)... it would be a bit more believable if it happened no gi, but it doesn't seem like there is any footage of this supposed fraudulent black belt rolling which sucks.

The fact that he didn't even answer the question of who his coach was is pretty bad though.

Isn't there video out there of BJ Penn as a purple belt submitting a black belt in a gi tourney? I could be wrong.

Isn't there video out there of BJ Penn as a purple belt submitting a black belt in a gi tourney? I could be wrong.

LOL I think you can get a pass if BJ Penn subbed you as a purple belt. He was probably only a purple belt for like 6 months anyway

OPEN LETTER FROM UFC GYM BJJ PROGRAM DIRECTOR
DATE: 01/13/2015 - 16:01:39
My name is Mauricio "Tinguinha" Mariano. For those who do not know me, I am a 4th degree Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt with almost 30 years of BJJ experience. I have dedicated most of my life to following the true philosophy of the Martial Arts.

As the BJJ program director at the UFC GYM corporate gyms, I

Why are so many posters making it about a purple 'beating' a black belt? Whether or not the purple belt tapped him isnt the point-purple belts tap black belts, it doesnt make the black belts not black belts.

The point is, he rolled with him, and felt his skills, and it was clear to him that he wasnt a black belt. When you've been training long enough to get to purple, you know what rolling with an experienced grappler feels like, even if they arent as good as you (or just dont have competitive physical attributes.)

My bad I hurt my knee before I posted and was distracted. It wouldn't happen otherwise.

That's a great response. Maybe I'll start using it with my wife. Sorry honey I hurt my knee in bjj. What's that? You want me to paint the bathroom this weekend? I'm sorry I can't hear you I'm in to much agony. As I'm thinking around line a tub of shit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back