fake black belt at UFC gym

Dogstarman

Old man jiu jitsu
@Silver
Reaction score
So this video shows a black belt getting called out at the UFC gym in Flower Mound, TX. A brand new purple belt came in and tapped the black belt 3 times and the black belt claims an injury. He doesn't even answer the questions this guy is giving him. This video happens after the roll.

http://youtu.be/sFgXP0V7TJQ

So this video shows a black belt getting called out at the UFC gym in Flower Mound, TX. A brand new purple belt came in and tapped the black belt 3 times and the black belt claims an injury. He doesn't even answer the questions this guy is giving him. This video happens after the roll.

Don't know either of the people but even if the guy is a legitimate black belt is it really unheard of for a younger, athletic and probably stronger athlete to beat what seems to be older and overweight blackbelt?

lol at him rolling around on the ground like a little kid in a ball pit

This is why BJJ needs a true national governing body, complete with database of all ranked practitioners and competitors.

There was commentary on reddit to the effect that this guy was also the fraud promoter involved in the debacled detailed in this article.

Don't know either of the people but even if the guy is a legitimate black belt is it really unheard of for a younger, athletic and probably stronger athlete to beat what seems to be older and overweight blackbelt?

Sure it happens. The issue arises when the stupid idiot is rolling around the ground not answering any of the questions. He doesn't even get mad about it. If you were a legit black belt wouldn't you be proud of where you achieved your rank. Wouldn't you get pissed if some guy came and told you, you weren't a legit black belt. This guy doesn't even say shit when he is asked who is black belt coach is.

fair enough, the guy was just telling the gym owner that he had a scammer teaching in his gym.

It is just not just the tapping, it is the way he rolled and the way he just refused to ask the question of lineage.

This is why BJJ needs a true national governing body, complete with database of all ranked practitioners and competitors.

So the sport can be corrupted like every other martial art and olympic sport? Here's a crazy idea, how about no belts at all?

Sure it happens. The issue arises when the stupid idiot is rolling around the ground not answering any of the questions. He doesn't even get mad about it. If you were a legit black belt wouldn't you be proud of where you achieved your rank. Wouldn't you get pissed if some guy came and told you, you weren't a legit black belt. This guy doesn't even say shit when he is asked who is black belt coach is.

Yea I found it strange he wouldn't answer most of the questions straight forward. I thought he said he would bring his black belt certificate(which I assume would have his instructors signature) but maybe I misheard him.

I know a guy that claims a bjj blackbelt and runs an mma school in texas. There was an investigation on bullshido but I don't think anything was really found out and as far as I know he is still training people.

Maybe I just suck, but I'm 20 and can physically toss people, and whenever I roll with someone who is just straight up better than me, even if it's Chris the 45 year old purple belt with greying hair, I get my ass kicked about 99% of the time.

Usually things like speed/size/strength come into play, when technique is equal, but when it is not, it is just the noise before defeat.

there are just different levels of skill... even if one aspect of a blue or purple belt's game is comparable to that of a black belt, it is only that one aspect, and you quickly realize it when they are taken out of it and they're just a one stripe white belt again.

Maybe I just suck, but I'm 20 and can physically toss people, and whenever I roll with someone who is just straight up better than me, even if it's Chris the 45 year old purple belt with greying hair, I get my ass kicked about 99% of the time.

I agree but that is not what I was implying. Take the purple belt winner at the mundials and put him up against a no name hobbyist blackbelt and the purple belt will probably be better even though he isn't ranked as high. This is more of an extreme example but what I was trying to convey.

I mean... It's the UFC gym... What did you expect?

Does the uploader even MMA?

So the sport can be corrupted like every other martial art and olympic sport? Here's a crazy idea, how about no belts at all?

Isn't BJJ already corrupted? I recall a lot of f12ers having none too many good things to say about the IBJJF...

Also, I don't see why a national database of practitioners would also include corruption. You can have one without the other.

I agree but that is not what I was implying. Take the purple belt winner at the mundials and put him up against a no name hobbyist blackbelt and the purple belt will probably be better even though he isn't ranked as high. This is more of an extreme example but what I was trying to convey.
I see what you're saying, but that's not exactly analogous, as the purple belt in that situation has already competed against other world class grapplers and learned from it, whereas the black belt has not.

I guess it is possible of course, but I've just never heard of this happening to an actual black belt, certainly not in a gi... bear in mind even Marcelo Garcia was a black belt when he started dominating everyone (if I'm not mistaken)... it would be a bit more believable if it happened no gi, but it doesn't seem like there is any footage of this supposed fraudulent black belt rolling which sucks.

The fact that he didn't even answer the question of who his coach was is pretty bad though.

Also, I don't see why a national database of practitioners would also include corruption. You can have one without the other.

You can setup a MySQL database to keep track of it pretty quickly.

The maintenance of it is another matter. However, I'm sure a lot of BJJ fanatics would do this on their free time. Run it like Wikipedia.

Isn't BJJ already corrupted? I recall a lot of f12ers having none too many good things to say about the IBJJF...

Not sure if a database would do anything about it.

You still will have scammers going around teaching BJJ as BB.

You can setup a MySQL database to keep track of it pretty quickly.

The maintenance of it is another matter. However, I'm sure a lot of BJJ fanatics would do this on their free time. Run it like Wikipedia.
That isn't a bad idea, though I personally would prefer an official NGB-run database.

Not sure if a database would do anything about it.

You still will have scammers going around teaching BJJ as BB.

Eh, despite cops having badges, badge numbers, and databases listing all registered cops, there are still people who at times impersonate one of them. That doesn't mean that having ways to check and verify a cop's credentials isn't a good thing to have.

Back