fake black belt at UFC gym

OPEN LETTER FROM UFC GYM BJJ PROGRAM DIRECTOR
DATE: 01/13/2015 - 16:01:39
My name is Mauricio "Tinguinha" Mariano. For those who do not know me, I am a 4th degree Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt with almost 30 years of BJJ experience. I have dedicated most of my life to following the true philosophy of the Martial Arts.

As the BJJ program director at the UFC GYM corporate gyms, I

58057544.jpg

black Belts are like orgasms: if a woman says she has one it's probably not legit.

Not planning too, probably be there to help one of our purple belts coach. What's your name? I'll be on the lookout for you. If I'm there I'll be in a red alvarez shirt with a gray thermal under (typical tourney coaching attire for me haha).

Chris

Sure thing...I'll be in a blue Wartribe GI competing in 4 divisions plus coaching a bunch. So I will be all over the place also. But I'll be in the black belt adult and black belt Absolute division. Plus the No GI Pro and No GI absolute. See you around!

2:02
"I swear to God right now, if I could get up..."
This guy irritates me ...yes its the same guy I saw years ago posing and who I think ran off with everyones money for promoting a show with presale tickets

A large part is cause he said he got his bb in Hawaii, tons of people would know about it.That's real easy to check.

I am not surprised UFC management reacted swiftly to this. Obviously, the UFC sees an issue with someone lying about their belt/rank.

Any of you guys that said you dont see a big deal about someone lying about their rank, can go trian with him. He is going to be looking for a new place to teach.

I can't imagine that guy even being a purple belt himself. People who have trained hard for years don't go around bullshitting like that.

I can't imagine that guy even being a purple belt himself. People who have trained hard for years don't go around bullshitting like that.

he said hes been training since 2011, so he must be a brand new purple.

he said hes been training since 2011, so he must be a brand new purple.

I'm referring to the "instructor". He's obviously not a black belt, but I can't imagine a legitimate purple belt doing that. They understand the time/dedication involved, and therefore how big of a douchebag it makes you if you BS about it.

Don't know either of the people but even if the guy is a legitimate black belt is it really unheard of for a younger, athletic and probably stronger athlete to beat what seems to be older and overweight blackbelt?

There is a certain quality to rolling with a blackbelt. There is a guy at my gym in his late 50s maybe 60. He is a blackbelt. I am double his size and weight and I can probably beat him.

But you can tell how he fights and using his knowledge(not necessarily techniques) to make the fight competitive.

There are probably blue belts that can give blackbelts a run for their money. But you can usually tell if the guy knows what he is doing.

I rememebr when Frank Mir on TUF questions Rolando Delgado and he came up witht his loooong story lol

There is a certain quality to rolling with a blackbelt. There is a guy at my gym in his late 50s maybe 60. He is a blackbelt. I am double his size and weight and I can probably beat him.

But you can tell how he fights and using his knowledge(not necessarily techniques) to make the fight competitive.

There are probably blue belts that can give blackbelts a run for their money. But you can usually tell if the guy knows what he is doing.

A real black belt also has been injured several times over the years of his training, and so will carry himself with a pronounced level of poise and logic when he does suffer an injury. He would not roll around on his back liked a flipped turtle clutching his shin like this idiot.

A real black belt also has been injured several times over the years of his training, and so will carry himself with a pronounced level of poise and logic when he does suffer an injury. He would not roll around on his back liked a flipped turtle clutching his shin like this idiot.

Yeah, I've seen more people finish randori/rolling when they've broken a bone than I have seen cry out the rest of it, and when they do it's usually serious.

Even so, I don't think I've ever seen someone roll around on the floor like that and I've seen some horrific injuries.

Yeah, the Peter Griffin moment certainly doesn't help his case.

Maybe he got his black belt through something like the Head of Family Sokeship Institute ;)

Does that dude in Florida still mail BB certificates in the martial art of your choice for $60? (Not sure of exact price but it was around there iirc.)

Back