Facts to blow your mind

The wife of Ramses II wore a 14-lb solid gold necklace. I saw it in person during an Egyptian exhibit some years ago.

You want your mind blown about stars and space? Watch that^

just like unicorns and fairies and ghosts, and i could go on. does anyone really belive in unicorns without being labeled crazy?

Ask that same question but exchange "unicorns" with your other example; "ghosts".

There are more people who believe in the supernatural than there are who don't.

Get the God discussion out of this thread. We all know no one is changing their mind and it's fucking tedious.

Take that played out shit to the war room.

OK, I'll concede that this isn't the thread for the god debate. My bad.

But suggesting taking a discussion to the WR? You sick bastard.

Not sure why you're arguing with me dude, I'm a believer.

That said, I'm still not following your logic.

Let's say that hypothetically, there is no god. What's to stop man from writing the bible himself? Let's leave motive out of it for now.

Who made the universe which made man

Bam

Who made the universe which made man

Bam

Sorry guy, I'm gonna respect the thread and the TS and leave this topic alone.

But you need to work on your reasoning skills. There are theories for the existence of the universe that don't include a creator (whether or not you or I find them feasible is irrelevant).

If Betelgeuse would explode transiting from the red super giant stage to supernova then our sky would light continuously for two months. It can happen anytime, within a couple of thousand years, tomorrow or even now

Did you know it is pronounced "Beetlejuice"?

Last edited:
Let me explain

The bible was given to us by God
The bible says God is real
Without God there is no bible

Checkmate atheist
Weird, usually people call me a religious fanatic on this site as I argue in favor of religious freedom.

Don't make assumptions about people you don't know.

North Korea is actually a technological utopia with free speech, equality and no labor. What we keep seeing is propaganda paid for by the elites who want to keep crony capitalism as the dominant system.

You made the claim that God does not exist as a fact. If you are going to say something is a fact you must show evidence. You have none. You do not know what a fact is. You also have zero proof of your position which is equivalent to blind faith.

You can ask for proof in anything and if you are saying something is fact you need proof.

I knew you were not going to have a worthwhile argument, I was just hoping you would have some argument instead of thinking and talking like a little child.

PS- "evidential arguments from evil" has nothing against God existing. Go back and take one philosophy class before putting on the baggy big boy pants.

pathetic.

I didn't show evidence but did indicate where it is. What does this have to do with not knowing what a fact is? In fact you are the one who doesn't know what it is. You keep using the term "prove" in the context of synthetic statements (matters of fact as Hume put it). "Proof" belongs to mathematics and logic which are a priori and necessary truths (relations of ideas as Hume put it). So asking for proof is a category error from your part.

Then you follow this fallacious reasoning by claiming that I have no evidence. If by evidence you mean proof then you are right. I cannot prove it to you like I can prove 1+1=2. What I do have is evidence that would make my claim more probable than its contradictory. I didn't present the evidence, I can direct you to it if you are sincerely interested. And this is not equivalent to blind faith. Stop projecting.

If someone makes a claim of fact then asking for proof is wrong. You should ask for evidence.

You say my argument is not worthwhile. Where did I put forth an argument? That post is no argument. So you don't know what proof and evidence are and you don't know what argument are either. And you say I think and talk like a kid... irony...

PS: what evidential argument from evil are you referring to because there are many versions that differ a lot, each focusing in a specific or general thing in the world.

You could have achieved the same failure of a post without the arrogance and condescension bro, it would have made you look less bad.

Anderson Silva is not actually a spider.

Which begs the question, what is a spyder, and is Kendall Grove actually one?

Hey! Dude!
Lets keep it simple like does god exist or is the bible correct.
Lets not go into deep water here..
There are children and youngings on this site.

Director of Event Horizon has also directed the Resident Evil series.

I'm familiar with the Oxford translation with all the footnotes. I'll have to do some more research on the rest of your points. But from what I remember off the top of my head, most of the contradictions are relatively minor, as far as the basic message goes.

I believe I'm still correct on my statement about the bible being the most accurate ancient text that exists today. Which is pretty impressive no matter how you look at it, imo.

History of the Peloponnesian War wants a word about that.

Weird, usually people call me a religious fanatic on this site as I argue in favor of religious freedom.

Don't make assumptions about people you don't know.
Slavery is part of religious freedom and I want it back as well because dammitt it says in the bible!!!!!

Michael Bolton wrote songs for KISS.

Alan Moore, creator of Watchmen, Hellblazer, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and V for Vendetta and writer of Marvelman/Miracleman, The Killing Joke and the classic Superman tale "For the Man Who Has Everything" doesn't read comics or watch movies/TV. He also claims to have met his creation, John Constantine, in real life.

Flava Flav plays over a dozen instruments after teaching himself the piano at age 5.

Chimpanzees have more genetically in common with modern humans than tigers do with the common house cat.

Gene Roddenberry, Eddie Money, Dennis Farina and Herb Fame (of Peaches and Herb) all worked as police officers.

Last edited:
I have never seen a bible fruitcake and it strikes me that it would be a wonderful marketing idea considering fruitcake is most popular around christmas.

You could literally feed the bible to people.

Of the ten deadliest wars ever fought, seven of them were fought in China.

World War I ranks below four of them.

Back