Facts to blow your mind

Joseph Lister cut the death rate among his surgical patients from 46 to ~15 percent by spraying/soaking bandages and medical instruments with a 1-in-20 solution of carbolic acid.

John Tyler became President of the United States in 1841. He has two grandsons that are alive today.

The reason ants are proportionally stronger than humans is not because they have any special properties with their muscle systems. The reason they're so much more proportionally stronger than us is the Square Cube Law. As something grows in size, it's volume increases faster than it's surface area.

In biomechanics, this translates to... by doubling an animal's height, you will increase it's muscle power squared, but it's total mass cubed. Essentially you will have an animal with four times the muscle, but trying to move eight times the mass.

Creator of family guy Seth MacFarlane had a ticket to one of the 911 flights but was late showing up at the airport and missed it.

Betty White is older than sliced bread.

This picture always blew my mind:

CK6aONG.jpg

Yeah, that section of the world really needs a couple of well-placed neutron bombs

Proof is what you ask for in mathematics/logic. What you mean is evidence. There is plenty: the fact that no argument for god makes the claim that god exists more probable than not, i.e. they all fail; inductive evidence that everything is physical (the mind is physical); evolution; evidential arguments from evil (many versions), etc.
There is 0 evidence for or against any god.

If you made a timeline and on on the left put the Great Pyramid at Giza and on the right put a Pizza Hut, then you plotted the life of Cleopatra on that timeline, she would be born closer to the building of the first Pizza Hut than to the building of the Great Pyramid.

You could build a wall across the Continental USA 1 ft wide and 3 feet tall with the amount of stone contained in the great pyramid at Giza.

The great pyramid was older to Cleopatra than Cleopatra is to us.
ahhhh that's the one I did!

let me BLOW YOUR MINDS 4real

5318abe4be444.jpeg

The T-rex lived closer to our modern time than it did during stegosaurus's existence. 150 million years ago vs 65.

Cleopatra lived closer to the present time than she did to the construction of the pyramids at Gaza. When the pyramids were made, wooly mammoths still existed on earth.

Oxford university is older than the beginning of the Aztec empire.

I dislike misleading facts...mammoths did technically still exist remotely but that is meant to play like mammoths (giant ones) were still roaming the plains of earth.

You dishonest bastard.

- Your eyes always see your nose, but your mind choose to ignore it.

- We landed on the moon before luggage had wheels.

- The word OK makes a sideways person

- 100 years from now, Sherdog is gonna be full of dead people.
Mind blown cool stuff brah

OK making a sideways person = most mind blowing so far imo.

Back