Facts to blow your mind

If Betelgeuse would explode transiting from the red super giant stage to supernova then our sky would light continuously for two months. It can happen anytime, within a couple of thousand years, tomorrow or even now

Betty White is older than sliced bread.

This picture always blew my mind:

CK6aONG.jpg

that picture makes me barf

Gravity is commonly thought to be the strongest force.
Gravity is the weakest force, so weak that if you drop a paper clip in Earth orbit, the attraction of a kitchen magnet will overwhelm gravity and grab the clip.

It's not that mind blowing if you consider that the smallest weakest animals can jump and thus overcoming earth's gravity. Or even lifting an arm or raising a finger.

Last edited:
-there are more atoms ina glass of water than in the entire universe
-women do not experience real human emotions

Isn't the glass of water in the universe? I think there might be something wrong with that one.

As for that last one... please go on.

The known universe is made up of 50,000,000,000 galaxies. There are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars in a normal galaxy. In the Milky Way alone there might be as many 100,000,000 planets.
So in the universe there are roughly 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets at a bare minimum. 1-1000 is estimated to be in the Goldilocks zone and to have the right conditions for intelligent life. So 50,000,000,000,000,000 are estimated to be able to support life. 1-100000 out of those are estimated to be nearly exactly like earth
Or 50,000,000,000 could support human life.

It's not that mind blowing if you consider that the smallest weakest animals can jump and thus overcoming earth's gravity. Or even lifting an arm or raising a finger.
But you don't stay up forever when you jump; Newton wins.
Weekly, I meet adults who think it's stronger than any other force.
And if the gravitational gradient is extreme, it almost is.
But only under exotic conditions.
In normal life, no.

The known universe is made up of 50,000,000,000 galaxies. There are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars in a normal galaxy. In the Milky Way alone there might be as many 100,000,000 planets.
So in the universe there are roughly 50,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets at a bare minimum. 1-1000 is estimated to be in the Goldilocks zone and to have the right conditions for intelligent life. So 50,000,000,000,000,000 are estimated to be able to support life. 1-100000 out of those are estimated to be nearly exactly like earth
Or 50,000,000,000 could support human life.
The Drake equation is built on too many assumptions for me to accept it, but it's a fine framework for hazarding a guess.

The Drake equation is built on too many assumptions for me to accept it, but it's a fine framework for hazarding a guess.

It's not based off drakes equation brother

1953 exoplanets confirmed . 32 listed as habital, 19 as earth like. 3 as very earth like. Not all stars exist in galatic habital zone however.

I could go farther and farther but I broke it down. But 50 billion planets (extreme lowball) in the universe you could go out and walk around on. Breathe fine and live

It's not based off drakes equation brother

1953 exoplanets confirmed . 32 listed as habital, 19 as earth like. 3 as very earth like. Not all stars exist in galatic habital zone however.

I could go farther and farther but I broke it down. But 50 billion planets (extreme lowball) in the universe you could go out and walk around on. Breathe fine and live
Those numbers you cited were extrapolated from confirmed finds?

Which ones? Exoplanets is easy to find same with habital ones. The you look up galactic habital zones etc. just ask which ones I'll give them out

let me BLOW YOUR MINDS 4real

5318abe4be444.jpeg

The T-rex lived closer to our modern time than it did during stegosaurus's existence. 150 million years ago vs 65.

Cleopatra lived closer to the present time than she did to the construction of the pyramids at Gaza. When the pyramids were made, wooly mammoths still existed on earth.

Oxford university is older than the beginning of the Aztec empire.

The phallus is nothing but a balloon made of skin

Please post proof since it is a fact. sure we all would like to hear it.

Proof is what you ask for in mathematics/logic. What you mean is evidence. There is plenty: the fact that no argument for god makes the claim that god exists more probable than not, i.e. they all fail; inductive evidence that everything is physical (the mind is physical); evolution; evidential arguments from evil (many versions), etc.

Proof is what you ask for in mathematics/logic. What you mean is evidence. There is plenty: the fact that no argument for god makes the claim that god exists more probable than not, i.e. they all fail; inductive evidence that everything is physical (the mind is physical); evolution; evidential arguments from evil (many versions), etc.
No, it was a categorical assertion.
Don't wiggle, please
Us atheists don't need bad PR

Back