• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FACTS: Cain was not KO'd and was not 100% before the fight

Here are all the facts we know:
  1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him
Sadly, I think it is over for Cain. Discuss.

Uppercut landed cleanly. Knee was damaged before the fight. He lost by injury but also Ngannou punches, f.e. Silva won by Cote's injury with no strikes landed at the moment of injury.
Cain lost as well with JDS coming to the fight with knee injury and I'm not sure if he was even healthy in Werdum fight, you never know.
Healthy Velasquez was a killer. I would like to see the rematch, but Cain might be out in this year.

The punch was so hard that it almost lifted Cain from the ground. He looked like he was out for a sec, but he would probably have recovered, if he didn’t land bad on his knee. The result would probably have been the same anyway.

I think people would treat Cain better if he didn’t have all the excuses. He can never give credit to his opponent, and never admit he lost.
I don't think he would have recovered anyway. Ngannou wasn't going to let up after rocking him like that and if Ngannou can rock him that badly with just a short shot then Cain was going to get laid out when Ngannou hit him with a real punch

1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him

1. Looked like he slipped. I don’t think he hurt his knee exactly at that point, but I don’t think the knee was 100% to begin with.

2. A fighter holding out hope for one last title run is justifying his loss, and basically saying he didn’t lose. May or may not be true.

3. Cain was rocked. His noggin shook violently after the upper cut.
No, he was not KO’d.

4. Francis’s left forearm pushed across Cain’s face and sent his torso in a direction that hyperextended his knee.

no we dont, we see his foot slip on a wet mat...... stop spreading misinformation

Cain protests but I haven't heard one comment from him demanding a rematch, or seen one thread from his fans demanding a rematch. Probably time to let it go and move on.

Back