• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FACTS: Cain was not KO'd and was not 100% before the fight

HuMz

Oldschool Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Here are all the facts we know:
  1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him
Sadly, I think it is over for Cain. Discuss.

I don't think I've heard a single person say he was KOed, to be honest.

He did get clipped and rocked though, then his peanut brittle patellas went clean off the rails.

He doesn't look fully aware trying to single leg the ref

dbffd91b3e68762575b2ab1a1893f83a

I definitely saw his head snap to his right before his entire body gave out

Cain was my favourite ufc fighter for the longest time. Sadly I think he’s done. His whole career is a “what if” due to injuries. Could have been the goat.

Cain was definitely rocked. You need to see the proper angle

Cain’s corner needed to get him more pumped for the fight, like this

1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him
Fact: he lost by TKO.

Pretty sure nobody was assuming Cain was 100% before a fight for years now. The whole lead up to this fight was basically a discussion of whether or not Cain had the worst 10 year challenge of anyone on the Internet.

Cain was Cain and he lost. It’s not Ngannou’s fault he trains poorly and gets hurt all the time. That matters when considering a GOAT. The guy has like 13 wins. He can’t win above sea level, he’s hurt, blah blah blah What else???

He has two good wins against JDS and a bunch of grindy wins against Ben Rothewell and Giant Silva. Woopdie doo

Both arms and knees dropped after that punch. Move on.

it really doesn't matter.

he lost.

he is injured.

he didn't look healthy enough to be in the cage.

I agree he wasn't ko'd but he was rocked for a moment with that short uppercut.

that fight was a waste of time and money for everyone involved.

I've fallen and cant get up cain was born.

Cain was training kicking steel pipes with Tony Ferguson

Who among us has the skill to create the "Cain's 7-layer book of excuses" meme?

Last edited:
Well there goes your argument at number 4. He got hit with a fucking uppercut.

Cain was my favourite ufc fighter for the longest time. Sadly I think he’s done. His whole career is a “what if” due to injuries. Could have been the goat.

If shogun came back from knee injuries to win the title, cain might have another run left in him.

Back