• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FACTS: Cain was not KO'd and was not 100% before the fight

Yea regardless it doesn't matter although I believe the punch dropped him which led to his knee giving out. Either way he will probably retire or fight once more but it won't be sometime till early 2021 if we're lucky

Here are all the facts we know:
  1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him
Sadly, I think it is over for Cain. Discuss.

Francis doesn’t practice wrestling, so he wasn’t 100%.
He only had a punchers chance and melted Cain with one dimension.

Damn the fans are taking the loss worse than Cain......just let it go people nothing taking that L away from the record book

Yup. UFC hype machine played him up big after he beat zombie Noguiera (Frank Mir has the same performance) and beat guys like Rothwell and Giant Silva.

268578867agiantsilva.jpg

I don't think I've heard a single person say he was KOed, to be honest.

He did get clipped and rocked though, then his peanut brittle patellas went clean off the rails.
This so much! Francis clipped him, caused him to buckle. I don't understand so many shitting on Francis win.

Fact: nothing you said makes a fucking difference.

Here's a fact: he still lost.

He shouldn't have fought if his knee wasn't good.

Agreed. He was rocked. His arms went limp. His legs went limp and he does the splits. He went down and hurt his knee. Then winces in pain AFTER.

I've watched it from as many angles as possible to come to a conclusion. My conclusion is that he was flash KTFO and then was woke up when he hurt his knee after.

During the replay the announcer is saying "his knee just gives out" at the very moment when his knee is NOT giving out and his chin and head is snapping up from the uppercut. MMA watchers let the announcers guide them way too much. Turn the sound off and watch. His knee didn't give out. His brain shut off long enough for him to go down.

I'm not going for though is any of Cains BS statements about how he wasn't hurt by that punch. He's trying to save face. He should be giving Ngannou some credit for the win.

Cain, retire.
100% agree

After his knee gave out
No. Before. There is no opinion or discussion to be had about this. Footage speaks for itself. Watch the fight again.

There was a thread and a video that both seem to be deleted now, he was getting out of the car day before the fight and he was limping, so there's that. He came to pick up the check.
This is exactly what I thought.
The whole knee thing seems like a built in exscuse before the fight...
Not saying he didn’t injure it, but he was awfully quick to jump right to it. Also I have blown out my knee twice, once during sparring, and I can tell you no matter the adrenaline the last thing I wanted to do was stand up and walk around....Cain got up pretty quick and was moving around on it.

Whatever. The myth of Cain is finally over. A great and short run does not make you the GOAT. He is not even one of the GOAT's..

If Cain's knee would've held up he may very well have survived to make the fight go longer and possibly win, yes. Or maybe Francis would've started unleashing Travis Browne'esqe elbows and knock Cain out.

How many times over the years haven't we seen wrestler going in for the clinch, get clipped and knocked out for a split second and in the next split second they are working on a double leg or a single-leg so it's definitely a good chance Cain would've survived if his knee had held up.

The only facts that matter are here.

dbffd91b3e68762575b2ab1a1893f83a
exactly. I love how TS opened with "these are the facts we know". 1) Who the fuck is this "we" and 2) the following points are all opinion, zero facts. Glorious.

Here are all the facts we know:
  1. In the open workout, we can see Cain's left knee buckle - his knee tendons were already loose
  2. Cain said in the post fight presser that when he first stepped left he already felt his knee give out - this is right before the right uppercut
  3. Cain was not KO'd nor rocked, look at the expression on his face when he falls - his knee gave out, he's fully aware
  4. Apart from the right uppercut, Ngannou does not hit him with anything - he only put his weight onto him
Sadly, I think it is over for Cain. Discuss.
His foot doesn't land until after the short shot has landed, nice story from Cain though.

Simple. Got rocked, lost balance, fell awkwardly, twisted already damaged knee.

Happens all the time in combat sports, a classic injury in Sanda for example is twisted knees from awkward falls when a competitor is thrown after being slightly rocked ... the mild concussion diminishes balance and it's much easier to literally "put a foot wrong" especially if there is already some underlying weakness / problem.

It's common, however at his age and with his history of injuries it could be the end of any meaningful competitive career.

His knee giving out saved him cos it was very obvious that Ngannou was going to wreck him.

Cains tactic has always been to take a few shots to get the takedown.
Take a few shots off Ngannou and you are done.
Look at where his head is and how his legs are in relation to Ngannou's. Ngannou would have whaled on him had his knee not forced gravity to pull him down.

Not seen whining and delusion like this since my boy crushed Silva (twice).

Troll Level for thread: 1/10. Your facts are all opinions with as much validity as the Flat Earth Society. It looked like Cain slipped in workout.

I agree with everything you are saying, but I wouldn't give the flat tard community that much credit. <Lmaoo>

Back