Fabricio Werdum: JDS failed in Jiu-Jitsu

After the first knock down JDS turned in to a white belt... Or worse, like James toney

why dont you read his full quote before passing a dumb judgment like that you fool

Really we're going to name calling now? And if you dont think he's mad about getting his ears jingled then obviously you've never been punched in the face. I'll read it just to make you happy!!!!

Really we're going to name calling now? And if you dont think he's mad about getting his ears jingled then obviously you've never been punched in the face. I'll read it just to make you happy!!!!

nothing in his comments would lead me to believe werdum is all fired up over his loss to junior 4 years ago

After that overhand right from Cain in the first round I doubt JDS even remembered what jiu Jitsu was.

hahah. Exactly! I'm always amazed at how many Sherdoggers seem to think real fights are like the video games they play. "power up, JDS, Power up, man".

It's sad that the meaningfulness of BJJ BB has devalued so much.

It was bound to happen. thats why belts shouldnt matter it should be defined by skill and accomplishments.

Jon Jones(white belt) subbed a bjj black belt in machida
Chris leben (white belt) tapped out a judo black belt in Akiyama

Read it and saying, "...Cigano failed in Jiu-Jitsu, but this is a difficulty for many athletes in MMA. They have difficulty staying on the ground below" is true but people like Werdum saying he failed jiu-jitsu is wrong. Yes its his opinion but getting blasted in the face and controlled by a magnificient monster like Cain isnt fun. I've been beat up by collegiate and Olympic level wrestlers and grapplers and there's not anything you can really do.

I encourage people to watch the fight again. JDS BJJ saved him. Its not all about submissions its about defense and positioning as well. Cain was great with hip ankle and wrist control. Heck he even used a slight variation of a chicken wing on JDS. If Cain fought Werdum it would look worse on the ground.

hahahahaha

pretty dumb thing to say Mr. Werdum...

you're the best BJJ guy in HW... not everyone has your ability man.

Werdum acts like he could have submitted Cain that night. No way Werdum sweeps or sprawls from the ground like JDS did against Cain

Read it and saying, "...Cigano failed in Jiu-Jitsu, but this is a difficulty for many athletes in MMA. They have difficulty staying on the ground below" is true but people like Werdum saying he failed jiu-jitsu is wrong. Yes its his opinion but getting blasted in the face and controlled by a magnificient monster like Cain isnt fun. I've been beat up by collegiate and Olympic level wrestlers and grapplers and there's not anything you can really do.

I encourage people to watch the fight again. JDS BJJ saved him. Its not all about submissions its about defense and positioning as well. Cain was great with hip ankle and wrist control. Heck he even used a slight variation of a chicken wing on JDS. If Cain fought Werdum it would look worse on the ground.

You make valid points here.

But it's amusing how you subtly avoid owning up to your initial false accusation. Nice attempt at saving face. No biggie though...Just try not do that next time as you dont seem like a bad poster

Cain can't handle K-1 Werdum, or ADCC Werdum.

I predict it would be like the HW version of SilvavsSonnen 1. The last thing Cain sees before he sleeps/taps is.....

animated-triangle-gif.gif

Cain can't handle K-1 Werdum, or ADCC Werdum.

I predict it would be like the HW version of SilvavsSonnen 1. The last thing Cain sees before he sleeps/taps is.....

animated-triangle-gif.gif

Silva Sonnen one without the triangles lol. Also the fact Cain has power in his hands. Werdum would get beaten worse than JDS did. No flop will save him.

I agree about the black belt but the political correctness parts confuses me.

Why say the Mexican or the American or the Brazlian when you can say his name. Could it be a Brazlian vs Mexican thing?

Its a natural reflex in writing. Its common in reporting to place random pieces of information in sentences. Thus the (age) after names in newspapers and names like "the Mexican, the champion, the heavyweight, the fighter, the 30 year old etc.
Not uncommon. Why are people reading into it?

there were atleast 3-4 chances for a sub, but instead jds was standing up... werdum is right...werdum would've beat cain, if he had such a chance
werdum time baby
hope fabricico gets champ some day... fedor passeed the torch to him!!!

Also, why does he have to say the Mexican, can't he use his name instead.

The interview was translated from Portuguese, I'm guessing (since the site says the quote is from TATAME).

A lot of Romance languages (e.g. French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese) have an aversion to repeating the same word or in this case proper noun, as they find it to sound strange and uneducated.

Therefore, instead of just saying Cain, Cain, Cain, they mix it up with Cain, the former champ, the Mexican, etc.

Silva Sonnen one without the triangles lol. Also the fact Cain has power in his hands. Werdum would get beaten worse than JDS did. No flop will save him.

Agreed. Though I think Werdum would be TKOd within 2 Rounds, on the ground too.

You can't be serious...
Werdum vs Cain would be worth watching IMO

I'm not sure Cain would even brave going to the ground.

Werdum will not be able to take the fight to the ground. It will be an interesting striking battle though.

Back