Fabricio Werdum: JDS failed in Jiu-Jitsu

ElTorro**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Source

Werdum speaks the truth! Were was JDS black belt level jiu-jitsu??? I knew when he was given his black belt was just a publicity stunt. Just because some fighters have a black belt in BJJ, don't mean they r actually effective with BJJ in a mma fight.

Reminds me of that Chael Sonnen comment about getting a black belt under Nogueira is like getting a toy in ur happy meal

He didn't get his BB from Nogueira though, you cretin.

Well, to be fair even JDS said he didn't use his jiu-jitsu and should have, but his coach said to just get up instead of play the BJJ game.

He did not use it at all, which is worse than not being able to submit Cain or get a better position.

He needs a more Agressive mentality on the ground. Not just think to escape to the feet

He meant for that fight right?

It was an impressive presentation of the Mexican. Overall it was very clever. Cigano failed in Jiu-Jitsu, but this is a difficulty for many athletes in MMAy

Also, why does he have to say the Mexican, can't he use his name instead.

Well, to be fair even JDS said he didn't use his jiu-jitsu and should have, but his coach said to just get up instead of play the BJJ game.

Well, he did say if he gets taken down he'd use it, I doubt he forgot.

Source

Werdum speaks the truth! Were was JDS black belt level jiu-jitsu??? I knew when he was given his black belt was just a publicity stunt. Just because some fighters have a black belt in BJJ, don't mean they r actually effective with BJJ in a mma fight.

Reminds me of that Chael Sonnen comment about getting a black belt under Nogueira is like getting a toy in ur happy meal

some black belts are not really black belts

A lot of black belts in the UFC don't even try a submission cough cough.

He meant for that fight right?

It was an impressive presentation of the Mexican. Overall it was very clever. Cigano failed in Jiu-Jitsu, but this is a difficulty for many athletes in MMAy

Also, why does he have to say the Mexican, can't he use his name instead.

Because Werdum taps out political correctness.

and i'm willing to bet JDS has nowhere near black belt level BJJ.

It's all about mindset. You can have a BJJ black-belt, but when it comes to fight time, it depends on what your mindset is, in terms of how effectively you use it.

JDS will learn from this, and simply playing more BJJ will not necessarily get him a win, but it's something you have to consider when you cannot make inroads on your feet. You need to have your opponent constantly thinking.

All Cain had to do was takedown, and then let JDS get back up while striking him. rinse repeat. JDS's feverish attempts to keep getting back to his feet seemed to set him up for the striking onslaught.

Cain seems to be unique in his ability to maintain control while striking when his opponent tries to stand along the fence.

Source

Nog didn't give him his BJJ black belt did he? Besides either way Anderson made that statement look incredibly stupid when he submitted Chael :icon_lol:

Because Werdum taps out political correctness.

and i'm willing to bet JDS has nowhere near black belt level BJJ.

2v0ydfp.jpg

Ready for the emergence of ADCC Dos Santos.

Source

what happened to bjj ? what happened to his hard training and all the talk ? where are all the jds nuthuggers now ? where is the hype?? i have now over 3000 in vcash , thnx to cain for beating this hype machine

I actually always thought and posted that his BB was bullshit, but having Cain on you would most likely fuck up most BB's in mma tbh, it was his chin that was blasted. I still think his BB is meh

After that overhand right from Cain in the first round I doubt JDS even remembered what jiu Jitsu was.

The mentality was "stand-up, you can beat him there", it was never "you can submit him, go ahead and work him on your guard".

Back