Fabricio Werdum: JDS failed in Jiu-Jitsu

Source

Werdum speaks the truth! Were was JDS black belt level jiu-jitsu??? I knew when he was given his black belt was just a publicity stunt. Just because some fighters have a black belt in BJJ, don't mean they r actually effective with BJJ in a mma fight.

Reminds me of that Chael Sonnen comment about getting a black belt under Nogueira is like getting a toy in ur happy meal

I remember going into a thread with some posters ridiculing me about the same topic about JDS getting his black belt.

Until I saw his ground game I was skeptical about his black belt in BJJ.

I really dont know where his black belt in BJJ was but its indicative of the term true black belt, JDS looked lost.

I just imagine if a guy puts in enough time on the mat to legit earn a black belt we would have atleast seen him instinctively use even a hint of BJJ in the fight. There were times where he didnt immediately try to work back to his feet and he just laid there or ducked for cover. He looked like he had no clue.

Not to hate, JDS is a great fighter but i shall call McDojo on his black belt. In MMA, so many have black belts, so few are black belts.

junior wasn't even considering using bjj in the fight. maybe his desire to deliver the fans a knockout (as he stated at the weigh-ins) was what lost him the fight. he kept getting up from all of cains takedowns and absorbing rediculous amounts of punishment for it. i think the third fight between the two will be as different in how it plays out as the first two. the loss will be good for jds in the long run because he knew where he failed immediately after the fight and will work to close those holes in his game.

Because Werdum taps out political correctness.

and i'm willing to bet JDS has nowhere near black belt level BJJ.

I agree about the black belt but the political correctness parts confuses me.

Why say the Mexican or the American or the Brazlian when you can say his name. Could it be a Brazlian vs Mexican thing?

knowing how gassed and hurt jds was, he should've stayed on the the ground to catch his breath. jds's corner kinda pissed me off. didn't give jds any valuable advice except for saying "where's your heart??". stupid idiot corner man of jds should've known that his HEART was there and what he really needed was a different GAMEPLAN as stated per JDS himself after the fight.

I wonder if Velasquez would go to the ground with Werdum.

I doubt it.

He meant for that fight right?

It was an impressive presentation of the Mexican. Overall it was very clever. Cigano failed in Jiu-Jitsu, but this is a difficulty for many athletes in MMAy

Also, why does he have to say the Mexican, can't he use his name instead.

Ah, he only said Mexican once, it's no big deal. When referring to Cain in the article he called him "... Cain... Velasquez... the Mexican... Cain..."

I wonder if Velasquez would go to the ground with Werdum.

I doubt it.

maybe if werdum flopped to his back and begged him to like he did overeem. cain seems like a nice guy and probably wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

He needs a more Agressive mentality on the ground. Not just think to escape to the feet
M'eh. too much hindsight analysis.

As primarily a striker I think trying to use his bjj to escape and get back up is what he should do first, just as Chuck used his wrestling to get back up.

If instead JDS stay on his back, trying to grab subs and loses ala Nog/Fedor, many would question why he did not focus on getting up and knocking Cain's block off like in the first fight.

Ah, he only said Mexican once, it's no big deal. When referring to Cain in the article he called him "... Cain... Velasquez... the Mexican... Cain..."

Ok that makes sense, I just wonder if Cain in talking would say the name then the Brazlian at some point, or would Machida about Jones say the American or Jones about Machida the Brazlian. I guess it's all good.

JDS would still whoop him Werdum but good.

It's sad that the meaningfulness of BJJ BB has devalued so much.

He needs a more Agressive mentality on the ground. Not just think to escape to the feet

Kind of hard to have an aggressive mentality on the ground when you've never been there before and you got this monster on top of you raining punches in your face.

Junior got Brock-d, once he started to get punched in the face he didn't know what to do

Werdum is mad he got his ears jingled by JDS.
If Werdum gets Cain he can try his BJJ while getting a beatdown. Dont worry Werdum you wont get a chance to flop and fake with Cain. Just take your beatdown and give Fedor a rematch :icon_twis

what happened to bjj ? what happened to his hard training and all the talk ? where are all the jds nuthuggers now ? where is the hype?? i have now over 3000 in vcash , thnx to cain for beating this hype machine

Lol I dont think you know what a hype machine is, amigo.

He was being hit in face the so much i thought it was gonna explode. His face was like a zit waiting to be popped. I think its time to use you bjj then.

I encourage everyone in this thread to read Werdum's quotation in its entirety. He makes a valid point/ constructive criticism but at the same time very respectful of Junior. At the end, he even defends Junior from all the critics by praising Junior's great work ethics and heart

Back