Fabricio Werdum: JDS failed in Jiu-Jitsu

What did Chael Say about getting your BJJ Black belt from Nogueira? Maybe he's on to something

What did Chael Say about getting your BJJ Black belt from Nogueira? Maybe he's on to something

How so?

His wrestling was rendered obsolete several times, isn't that his bread and butter? We can say the same for cain, mir et al.

I honestly don't get how BJJ mattered here?

Suppose he implemented that, and?

It was a bad game plan he fought under.

Shut up Werdum - 'Look at his ears wiggle'
Cain would ruin you. As did Cigano.
I do like Werdum though.

JDS got his black belt from master Yuri Carlton. It says so on the source link. No reason for you to try to disrespect Big Nog.....

I think Big Nog and many of his black belt pupils have shown just how good their bjj is in mma.

Nothing lost. Nothing gained.

And he got to bang... His head against Cain's fists about 5,000 times.

WhichOneIsJDS_zps0c9e4acf.jpg

So basically JDS has NEVER used his BJJ in a high level fight and he is expected to be amazing with it the first time he tries it?

Lol,he would get smashed on the ground by someone like Cain who knows how to control his opponent on the ground.

We've seen much better BJJ guys than JDS get smashed on the ground,it's MMA.

Aoki didn't use his "black belt Jiu-Jitsu" against Gilbert, I guess it sucks and is just a publicity stunt.

He probably never trains a day in his life in JJ.

what happened to bjj ? what happened to his hard training and all the talk ? where are all the jds nuthuggers now ? where is the hype?? i have now over 3000 in vcash , thnx to cain for beating this hype machine

Cain got lucky with one big punch bro.

lol fuck werdum, JDS took a good shot and never recovered for the rest of the fight. werdum failed in boxing if we look back at his fight with JDS, and yes I am a butthurt fan boy

lol fuck werdum, JDS took a good shot and never recovered for the rest of the fight. werdum failed in boxing if we look back at his fight with JDS, and yes I am a butthurt fan boy

Read the article, Werdum was very classy. He said Dos Santos will come back stronger.

He'll come back strong. Now he will only submit people !! 1 Round !!

BJJ wasnt what lost JDS this match, lack of cardio and limated defence and offence standing where the real issues.

By the time he was on the floor with Cain for any lenght of time he was already badly gassed and beaten up, perhaps someone as good as Werdum could have done something from there but it would be asking alot for Jnr to do anything other than survive and escape in that position.

Probabley the biggest plus for Jnr was the way he was able to pop back up instantly when fresh after Cains takedowns. I see little need to change that, his focus should be on improved cardio and diversifying his standup(a power straight and more knees seem obviously lacking) to allow him to punish Cains aggresion next time round.

Not many in MMA, let alone the HW division, possess the BJJ prowess of (werdum)

As a grappler, Werdum should have commended JDS of his sweeps and ability to get back up, the many times he was taken down.

Well, to be fair even JDS said he didn't use his jiu-jitsu and should have, but his coach said to just get up instead of play the BJJ game.

Which was good advice. Cain is a wrestler, so it's common to dismiss his BJJ. He can call it American wrestling all he wants, but Camarillo's teachings show on him and Fitch - they're both good sub grapplers that will be tough to submit (Fitch is almost impossible to catch, and I would bet he doesn't get subbed unless he's badly hurt).

Werdum will have a tough time subbing Cain, who keeps a constant, accurate GnP volume on, which makes that much harder. Also moves a lot to the back and side, is agile. He's not reckless with it, and those strikes sting. Of course, it's likely Cain would beat Werdum up on the feet, so all this won't show.

I bet if JDS played his BJJ game rather than standing back up then people like you would still be saying "where was his BJJ" and "he should have gotten back to his feet".

Junior will have a legit blackbelt but he obviously thought (like we all did) his way to win was on the feet.

Back