EXTREMELY disappointed in new Wand shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post will have an effect on what I buy from Rio fightwear.

ZO said:
Why is it unreasonable to expect top qaulity for a $60 shirt? He is just asking for a shirt without the print scratched off. Whats this crap about expecting defect because it is from Brazil? As a merchandiser this is your frickin jobs to get it there without defect. The deal was made for a shirt without defect. They collected the money, he should get a flawless shirt.

Quit with the excuses.

For fucks sake does anybody read all the threads? It is not a $60 shirt. You are paying for the taxes and customs to bring it here.

Brandinho said:
For fucks sake does anybody read all the threads? It is not a $60 shirt. You are paying for the taxes and customs to bring it here.

Youre right, its not a $60.00 shirt. It's a $34.90 shirt with the expidited shipping it was $50.00. What you dont seem to understand is that IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE SHIRT COSTS YOU.. A gallon of gas is pennys in Iraq so does that mean it should be worth pennys to everyone else?

KungFuCow said:
Yes, I am disappointed that a shirt I ordered was defective when I took it out of the envelope. And I dont care how much the shirt is worth, I know what *I* paid for it so thats what it's worth to me.

So you have no problem then paying $40 for a silk screened cotton tee shirt? Actually dumb question on my part. If you did you would never have ordered it.

My point is that things are done differently in other countries. To expect anything else is pretty retarded. If you don't like the fact that some Brasilian tee shirts have poor quality silk screening then don't purchase Brasilian tee shirts. Simple. You can deal with them without starting a whiny thread. And yes it is whiny, reread it. Your bad mouthing is going to effect other's business with the company. Already I saw a post that somebody will not deal with them. You said you dealt with them in the past and had no problem. So this one time you have a bad experience you are going to start a thread? Did you start threads all the other times you had great service? Am I going to find threads started by you talking about what a good job they did each and every time? Or do you let your disappointment get the better of you and fire off a thread?

KungFuCow said:
Youre right, its not a $60.00 shirt. It's a $34.90 shirt with the expidited shipping it was $50.00. What you dont seem to understand is that IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE SHIRT COSTS YOU.. A gallon of gas is pennys in Iraq so does that mean it should be worth pennys to everyone else?

Fuel is a necessity to commute in the urban environment. Tee shirts hardly compare.

Brandinho said:
So you have no problem then paying $40 for a silk screened cotton tee shirt? Actually dumb question on my part. If you did you would never have ordered it.

Im not even going to comment on this. If everyone thought this way, the fight clothes companies would be out of business.

Your bad mouthing is going to effect other's business with the company. Already I saw a post that somebody will not deal with them. You said you dealt with them in the past and had no problem. So this one time you have a bad experience you are going to start a thread? Did you start threads all the other times you had great service?

Yes, I did actually.

Am I going to find threads started by you talking about what a good job they did each and every time? Or do you let your disappointment get the better of you and fire off a thread?

You probably will.. Ive posted several times about RFW and V&M.

Note this. My initial disappointment was with the product, not the company that sold me the product. THAT was what my original post was about. Nowhere in it did I badmouth RFW whatsoever.

What this has turned into, tho, is that I am not satisfied with how they are handling it. Plain and simple.. maybe I expected too much from them based off of how I have seen them resolve other problems here on Sherdog.

Like I said before, it's not an unreasonable request for them to want me to return the shirt. Ive already put it in a box and Ill print out a shipping label for it in a minute. I just expected a little more considering that A) Im a repeat customer B) They have my CC on file C) This is a limited edition shirt supposedly and D) They usually go out of their way for the people on Sherdog.

KungFuCow said:
You probably will.. Ive posted several times about RFW and V&M.

I didn't say posts, I said threads. And why are you bringing up V&M, leave them out of this and answer my question. The search function has been giving problems to everybody as of late so I can't say it is not out there.

I was asking if you started a thread for every time you had a good experience with them. If you ordered from them 5 times then I had better see 5 positive threads out there. People are way too quick to start negative threads. This is just like the media, the good stuff never finds its way to the headlines. And if you are disappointed with their (RFW) service, change your thread title.

I'd be lieing to you if I said with 100% certainty that yes, I have started a thread EVERY time Ive ordered from them. What I will say is that MOST every time, yes I have. I have also posted in the Vendors To Do Business With thread regarding RFW, conversed with many people through PMs about dealing with RFW and generally, have been very happy dealing with RFW.

So, no, this isnt a "lets run to Sherdog and bash RFW" knee jerk reaction. My initial post had nothing to do with RFW, moreso with Wand.. FWIW, RFW told me in their email that I am the only person who has had this problem and that's great.. I wouldnt want others to go through this. You've seen the pictures, it's obviously a defective shirt, albeit a cheap, brazilian shirt that's only worth $10.00.

The facts that A) Its only a $10.00 shirt and B) Im the only one who has had this issue stings even more in the way this has been handled.

KungFuCow said:
RFW told me in their email that I am the only person who has had this problem and that's great..

Well, that is at least good to hear.

I'm sure they want the shirt back so they can see what was wrong with it and be sure no others are defective. Just think about it, your getting to help it so others dont go through the same bad experience you went through. I would thank you if I got one later. Good job Rio, knew you would hook KungFuCow up :wink:

Adino said:
I'm sure they want the shirt back so they can see what was wrong with it and be sure no others are defective. Just think about it, your getting to help it so others dont go through the same bad experience you went through. I would thank you if I got one later. Good job Rio, knew you would hook KungFuCow up :wink:

Yea.. I could agree with that except that the shirt ships to NY and not back to Brazil. Id be surprised if it ever sees Brazilian soil again.

I think this is the main point Brandinho is trying to make but it got caught up in redundant details.

You have ONE bad experience with a Company and are willing to call it quits, that's not good business on YOUR part, no one is perfect, and your expectations on how a Company handles things is irrelevant. Free to make your own decision? Of course. But this sends out a notion to people that Rio may not cater to them, and unfortunately ass-kissing is a requirement this day and age.

From what I understand, as a human, who works for a Company, everyone has a bad day or makes a mistake. If you're willing to call off business because of this, then I wouldn't want you as a customer specifically, I'd want customers who are willing to see my Company through the good and the bad, as we should do for them.

I think that's basically what Brandinho is trying to say.

King Kabuki said:
I think this is the main point Brandinho is trying to make but it got caught up in redundant details.

You have ONE bad experience with a Company and are willing to call it quits, that's not good business on YOUR part, no one is perfect, and your expectations on how a Company handles things is irrelevant. Free to make your own decision? Of course. But this sends out a notion to people that Rio may not cater to them, and unfortunately ass-kissing is a requirement this day and age.

From what I understand, as a human, who works for a Company, everyone has a bad day or makes a mistake. If you're willing to call off business because of this, then I wouldn't want you as a customer specifically, I'd want customers who are willing to see my Company through the good and the bad, as we should do for them.

I think that's basically what Brandinho is trying to say.

Sadly, you said it better than I could. That is exactly my point when I am not sputtering gibberish and mumbling.

As a Fightwear company owner and someone who expects to get a quality product I can see both sides.
First off, No matter what you paid the product should be good quality unless stated before purchase that it is a second. If the shirt is damaged a retailer is responsible to make it right. If that retailer chooses to go after the manufacturer than that is up to them but the retailer is responsible to you the customer.
Second , You also have to see Rio's point of view. If they just send you another shirt without seeing the damage than how do they know it was really damaged. Im not saying that you are dishonest because I dont know you but you know that there are a lot of people that will scam a company blind.
If they are going to refund your money than they are doing their job. Did you ask if they had another shirt in stock that they could exchange it with? IF they dont thats sucks but what else could they do other than refund your money.
I think the main point is Dont hate the company if they are willing to work with you . You said yourself that you have had good experience with them in the past so why let one problem that they cant really help stop you from dealing with them in the future.

Screen print mess ups are really comon. This is why we dont really deal with screen print.

I disagree that he should expect a defect just because it's from another country because obviously he paid what he did without knowing how much it is in Brasil or any other place. It is not RFW's fault, or any other company's. It is probably just a randam defect and you just were unlucky. Screenprinting from Brasil for the most part does kind of suck and the cotton is different. In the summer, I rather wear a brazilian cotton shirt then shit I have laying around. I personally did not order this product for that reason. But that's because I learned from a last purchase and I put the blame on nobody and understand the circumstances. Personally, I would still wear the shirt you have or get a refund instead of getting another shirt and buy something worth it.

To say you won't buy from RFW ever again is pretty ignorant as they had nothing to do with the situation. The shirts come wrapped, and they ship them out. Best thing to do would be to ship it back and get your money back and order something else on their site because they have a large list anyways.

Good luck!

Brandinho,

You make a sensable point in the fact that goods comming from Brazil may not have the standards that we Americans do. Shouldn't a merchandiser who is selling a product in the states sell it to our standards, not theres? I mean that is why he/she is selling it over here, right!

haven't posters learned from MMA gear? I am not calling or comparing Rio to them. But I am sayin that the possibility fro error increases when doing business so far away.

My 2cents.

I don't know much about brazil but screenprinting is screenprinting. if it cost less than a penny to put ink on a shirt in the US it damn sure doesn't cost any more to do it in brazil. The problem comes from crappy quality products, not lower standards. Almost all clothing is made in 3rd world countrys, thats why you can by a t shirt for 2 bucks... but the stuff doesn't fall apart out of the package. I think this one guy must work for these guys or something because he is really taking up for this shirt. The shirt is bad period. maybe it was just a screw up that sliped through the cracks, maybe not. but I don't see how any of this maters. the guy got a junk shirt, he doesn't like it. thats that.

CPB said:
As a Fightwear company owner and someone who expects to get a quality product I can see both sides.
First off, No matter what you paid the product should be good quality unless stated before purchase that it is a second. If the shirt is damaged a retailer is responsible to make it right. If that retailer chooses to go after the manufacturer than that is up to them but the retailer is responsible to you the customer.
Second , You also have to see Rio's point of view. If they just send you another shirt without seeing the damage than how do they know it was really damaged. Im not saying that you are dishonest because I dont know you but you know that there are a lot of people that will scam a company blind.

There are pictures in this thread. I did give them the URL to this thread when I sent them my reply and noted that there were photos in it.

If they are going to refund your money than they are doing their job. Did you ask if they had another shirt in stock that they could exchange it with? IF they dont thats sucks but what else could they do other than refund your money.
I think the main point is Dont hate the company if they are willing to work with you . You said yourself that you have had good experience with them in the past so why let one problem that they cant really help stop you from dealing with them in the future.

Screen print mess ups are really comon. This is why we dont really deal with screen print.

I guess my point is I expected better treatment. They're not right down the street so this isn't going to be resolved in a day or a week. RFW's big thing is their customer service. I've seen it here first hand. I've watched them bend over backwards for people here. I really didnt expect "Send it back and we'll either refund you or give you another shirt we have in stock" when I preordered the shirt, waited the extra 7-10 days for them to get the things on top of the 7 days I initially waited before they were SUPPOSED to get them in, not their fault but Wand's supposedly, but still. Waited for the shirt to ship here when I could have bought from someone else, gotten it quicker and gotten it from a US based company. I went with RFW because Id dealt with them before, it was painless and they have a good rep here.

I had no problem with them putting a hold on CC funds to send me another to ensure this one was returned. I would have worked with them however.. I waited for weeks for this shirt and now Im probably going to have to wait weeks to get my money back for it.

I just expected a little more.. I guess you need to order large dollar amounts to get their attention when something goes wrong. A single tshirt sale just doesnt mean a while lot. So.. in summation, I just expected more in making this right.. so if I'm wrong, shoot me.

Kungfucow:
As a dealer myself I think you need to bear in mind some things. In most cases, the dealers are customers themselves. We purchase from the manufacturers and then resell the goods to the retail customer. Because of the amount of stock involved, there is no way we can simply check every item. Besides, most customers would prefer to receive an unopened bag rather than an item which looks as though it has been unpacked. We stock those shirts ourselves and I know they are more expensive than normal so Alex will want you to return it so that (a) he can examine it and see the fault for himself (which means he can look at the other similar stock he has) and (b) so he can return it to the manufacturer and get his refund.

I think most people see the dealers making a big profit of everything they sell which isn't the case. In some cases, we make less than 15% profit on items and I am sure thats the same with the likes of Alex and Ron (at SSF).

Knowing Alex, I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt he will make up for your disappointment. The product is faulty, that is not Rio's fault. On a high price product the dealer cannot afford to make a loss without mitigating it. As for your other suggestions, we have on several occasions 'cross shipped' products and still do to some extent with our regular customers but when we started out, we were caught out a few times with customers getting a wrong size and us replacing it. Only their return never arrived. I guess it happened about 5 times to us before we changed the policy. Replacing without getting the original back is bad business. The dealer loses the ability to complain (because 9 times out of 10, before crediting the faulty product, the manufacturer will want to have it returned) as well as see the fault themselves so they can check remaining stock.

The fault you mention comes when the manufacturers are trying to produce the product too quickly and dont wait for the right amount of time before packing the item. Its something that happens with high demand products.

I am more than certain you won't be left unhappy with Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back