EXTREMELY disappointed in new Wand shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuCow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just got my Grand Prix special edition Wand tshirt from Rio Fightwear. After removing the shirt from it's packaging and attempting to unfold it, I discovered that several of the screenprintings were stuck together. Try as I might, I was not able to unfold the shirt without some of the screenprintings peeling off on to some of the other printings, leaving the front of the shirt looking like crap.

To say Im disappointed would be an understatement. Shipping was delayed about 10 days on this shirt to start with. Not RFW's fault but still.. and these were not cheap shirts at almost $50.00 delivered to my door. I really expected better from Wand and Im hoping that Rio Fightwear makes this right.

Just venting.....

EDIT Just discovered the back is the same way... this is pissing me off.

w0w that is bad to hear, let's see what Rio has to say.

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

The back is screwed up too.. Ill take a picture of that when I get a chance.

I am disgusted beyond belief over this.

Yea.. the pictures dont show had bad it really looks unfortunately. The flash kind of accented some of the white and made it look a little better than it really does.

You also have to understand that they make stuff differently in other countries. They use different silk screens, materials, and even the cotton in Brasil is completely different. It is completely ignorant to think every country is going to do it "your way". I am assuming of course you don't live in Brasil, otherwise you wouldn't have ordered. How should RFW fix this? They are the middle man.

And one other thing, they are cheap shirts! They cost next to nothing down there. The imports and taxes are what make them expensive. And shipping does take quite a while.

Brandinho said:
You also have to understand that they make stuff differently in other countries. They use different silk screens, materials, and even the cotton in Brasil is completely different. It is completely ignorant to think every country is going to do it "your way". I am assuming of course you don't live in Brasil, otherwise you wouldn't have ordered. How should RFW fix this? They are the middle man.

And one other thing, they are cheap shirts! They cost next to nothing down there. The imports and taxes are what make them expensive. And shipping does take quite a while.

Ok, there is no excuse for a shirt's printing sticking together and peeling off the design when you get it out of the package, I don't give a shit where it's made. Just because it's made in Brazil he should expect his $40 t-shirt to fall apart before it's ever worn, or washed? Yeah, right.

I should be getting my shirt in less then a week. I will update on how it goes with my shirt. I got the white one though.

Wow KungFuCow I am really sorry to hear that. I know Rio is a stand up company and they will make it right I'm sure. That is such a cool shirt too, that sucks :(

Well, they want the shirt returned to them so I guess I get to spend more money shipping it back and wait for them to credit my card back. While I dont think this is unreasonable, considering how Ive watched them resolve problems for others here on Sherdog, it's sort of a letdown.

They could have:

A) Cross shipped me another shirt, especially since this is a limited edition.

B) Just replaced the shirt and had me toss the old one.

C) Asked for it back and make me go through all the red tape over something that was no fault of mine.

They chose option C. This will be my last purchase from RFW.

I ordered the white/blue one from Casca Grossa, hopefully I don't have issues

Brandinho said:

So "my way" means a defective free shirt when I take it out of the envelope?

How novel.. they really DO do things differently in Brazil!

MunchE said:
Ok, there is no excuse for a shirt's printing sticking together and peeling off the design when you get it out of the package, I don't give a shit where it's made. Just because it's made in Brazil he should expect his $40 t-shirt to fall apart before it's ever worn, or washed? Yeah, right.

How many times have you been to Brasil? Their clothing is different from ours. How ignorant is it to judge another country's standards to yours? The tee shirt is not $40. Those shirts are $10 US tops. They cost that much more bringing them here. They are cheaply made and that is the type of silk screening. Some clothing is made much better, others much worse.

KungFuCow said:
they really DO do things differently in Brazil!

Exactly my point. Get used to it. Would you want Brasilians bitching and moaning about "our way"? So sorry if a Brasilian company doesn't cater to your individual needs.

KungFuCow said:
This will be my last purchase from RFW.

Huge loss. You are one of two people that don't have anything but the best things to say about RFW. I have ordered from them so many times and have given them my seal of approval time and time again. Just don't expect certain brands of tee shirts to be the same as here. Like I said, some tees are better and others are worse. That's life. These "so and so dun me wrong" threads get old.

You were disappointed because something did not meet your expectations. I completely understand that. But your expectations are totally unreasonable. While this seems like a lot of money, you are paying for customs and taxes and shipping. The tee shirts are cheaper than the ones here, sometimes. I own several of them and sometimes the silk screening is going to be bad. Do you seriously expect everything to be perfect? Rather than wait to hear back from RFW you automatically start a thread complaining about a great company. The last RFW bashing thread was exactly like this one. Post in that thread next time.

So I should be happy Ive gotten a defective shirt?

Check my other threads. Ive had plenty of good things to say about RFW. I've had very postive things to say about them in all my posts as well as to people who have PM'd me. This isnt my first order from them, this is just the first order where something was defective. So, longtime happy customer now not so happy.

I still dont get how "my needs" are different than anyone else on this planet. Anyone who got a defective piece of merchandise, be it a TV, a tshirt, a pair of socks or a lawnmower sure isnt going to look at it and go "Wow, its broken.. oh well, thats how they do things around here so I guess Ill just live with my broken merchandise."

Brandinho said:
You were disappointed because something did not meet your expectations. I completely understand that. But your expectations are totally unreasonable. While this seems like a lot of money, you are paying for customs and taxes and shipping. The tee shirts are cheaper than the ones here, sometimes. I own several of them and sometimes the silk screening is going to be bad. Do you seriously expect everything to be perfect? Rather than wait to hear back from RFW you automatically start a thread complaining about a great company. The last RFW bashing thread was exactly like this one. Post in that thread next time.

Yes, I am disappointed that a shirt I ordered was defective when I took it out of the envelope. And I dont care how much the shirt is worth, I know what *I* paid for it so thats what it's worth to me.

Also, I never said anything about RFW other than that's where I got the shirt. Not anywhere did I imply anything negative about RFW.. I simply stated thats where the shirt came from. When I did speak of them, I had already gotten a response from them.

Truthfully, I did expect them to handle the problem better than they did given the level of customer service I have seen them show on these forums. They have my CC on file, they could have shipped me another shirt while I returned this one or handled it any number of ways. They just chose what I felt was the worst way possible to handle it considering A) They charged my card before they even had the shirts B) The shirts were delayed well over a week from their original shipping date, all the while I just sat here and waited.

I dont really think Im being unreasonable and Im just gonna send it back. Its not about the money, it's about customer service and I just dont see it here.

Why is it unreasonable to expect top qaulity for a $60 shirt? He is just asking for a shirt without the print scratched off. Whats this crap about expecting defect because it is from Brazil? As a merchandiser this is your frickin jobs to get it there without defect. The deal was made for a shirt without defect. They collected the money, he should get a flawless shirt.

Quit with the excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back