Everyone still sure Leon beats Jorge?

The narrative around a potential fight between Edwards and Masvidal seemed to be overwhelmingly that Edwards would cruise to a decision win, that Jorge is scared, ducking, etc.

But after watching Masvidal toy with Nate and finish him, and Edwards backpedalling and clinching for dear life to survive for another decision, are you still as convinced that Leon is such a favourite in that fight?

I don’t think Jorge is a world beater or anything, but Edwards might be one of the most overrated guys on the roster, And I wouldn’t be surprised if he got knocked out by Street Jesus especially after what we saw the other day.

The doctor really ruined that fight. Nate was starting to come on in the 3rd against masvidal and I'm pretty sure that would've been amplified in the later rounds. You guys see Leon get hit with one combination and now he's a bum huh?

Rankings aren't facts, they're biased. Nate was included for the Jorge fight only, unranked at WW before then. They're not facts, if you're talking about the UFC rankings as facts then you're severely mistaken.

Leon was removed for inactivity, does that mean it's fact that he isn't in the top 15 WWs in the world? Of course it doesn't, it just means you believe everything the UFC puts in front of you.

Everything else you said is what ifs, Askren and Till didn't beat RDA. Now you're just talking hypothetical. Have a look at guys Colby, Usman, Burns all beat before a title shot aswell and tell me again Leon doesn't deserve won, his resume is equal if not better than all of those.
Im not saying leon doesn’t deserve one im saying till and askren are factually better welterweights than rda they were ranked higher and would be considered favorites

also nate got his ranking by beating pettis who just kod number 5 ranked thompson

The doctor really ruined that fight. Nate was starting to come on in the 3rd against masvidal and I'm pretty sure that would've been amplified in the later rounds. You guys see Leon get hit with one combination and now he's a bum huh?
Nate ended that third round getting beat up
There was nothing that was significant about the third to think nate was coming back, pretty sure he got dropped that round aswell

Im not saying leon doesn’t deserve one im saying till and askren are factually better welterweights than rda they were ranked higher and would be considered favorites

Again, that's not fact. That's the UFC marketing train. They put people as ranked opponents whenever they need to to market a fight. Like I said, Leon went from 3rd to unranked to 3rd again. He's the same fighter he always was but at it was never "factual" he wasn;t a ranked fighter, the UFC just told you he wasn't for a short period of time.

When the UFC said Ronda was a once in a generation athlete did you take that for fact aswell then?

Again, that's not fact. That's the UFC marketing train.

When the UFC said Ronda was a once in a generation athlete did you take that for fact aswell then?
AgainYou just said its a fact that rdas a better fighter.
Thats an opinion, im using your own logic against you

im using common sense the majority of rdas career is at 55 the few fights he has at 170 does not make him a better welterweight than till or askren both guys who were ranked higher than rda and had a longer win streak than rda at 170

AgainYou just said its a fact that rdas a better fighter.
Thats an opinion, im using your own logic against you

im using common sense the majority of rdas career is at 55 the few fights he has at 170 does not make him a better welterweight than till or askren both guys who were ranked higher than rda and had a longer win streak than rda at 170

"They weren't top quality names, on par with Leons although RDA may be a better win than all of those 3 fighters".

I even said "may" definitely didn't ever say fact.

You're not using my logic, I don't even think you know what logic you're using as you can't even read what I'm saying.

"They weren't top quality names, on par with Leons although RDA may be a better win than all of those 3 fighters".

I even said "may" definitely didn't ever say fact.

You're not using my logic, I don't even think you know what logic you're using as you can't even read what I'm saying.
QUOTE="sampuncher, post: 165219919, member: 455811"]

I wasn't talking context, I'm talking facts. RDA is/was a better fighter than Till, Askren and Nate.[/QUOTE]
Since your so anal about facts ;)
Didnt know and opinion Was a fact

also tills and askrens welterweight careers >rda

I wasn't talking context, I'm talking facts. RDA is/was a better fighter than Till, Askren and Nate.

You base the UFC rankings as "facts" how good a fighter is. That shows you're a casual.

Again, nowhere did I say it's fact, it's my opinion. Please find me where I said "It's a fact RDA is better" I said he may be in my original post.

Learn to read or dont @ me again. Damn casuals.

I agree Til had a better WW career than RDA, where did I say he didn't? Askren has 1 WW win in the UFC though. If we're talking solely UFC, your point is null and void. 1 win over Robbie isn't better, RDA has that himself aswell.

You base the UFC rankings as "facts" how good a fighter is. That shows you're a casual.

Again, nowhere did I say it's fact, it's my opinion. Please find me where I said "It's a fact RDA is better" I said he may be in my original post.

Learn to read or dont @ me again. Damn casuals.

I agree Til had a better WW career than RDA, where did I say he didn't? Askren has 1 WW win in the UFC though. If we're talking solely UFC, your point is null and void. 1 win over Robbie isn't better, RDA has that himself aswell.
like i said context matters a undefeated askren is a better win that rda on a skid at 170.
Dont get so defensive i train with your favorite fighters.
Oops i @ you…
What you gon do ? Nun

like i said context matters a undefeated askren is a better win that rda on a skid at 170.
Dont get so defensive i train with your favorite fighters.
Oops i @ you…
What you gon do ? Nun

"I train UFC bro". Well done, 1. You probably don't anyway, just saying it because it's cool to talk tough on forums. 2. Even if you do, why do I care?

Undefeated only means so much. Patrick Cummins was undefeated when he fought DC, was it a better win than Hendo? Um, nope.

You've sure reacted badly to me telling you the UFC rankings aren't gospel huh?

Leon wins it. They really should've had the fight by now but if it happens Leon rolls. Like passing ships Leon is heading north and Jorge south.

I wasn't talking context, I'm talking facts. RDA is/was a better fighter than Till, Askren and Nate.
Since your so anal about facts ;)
Didnt know and opinion Was a fact

also tills and askrens welterweight careers >rda[/QUOTE]
Sorry to butt in, but you are correct, RDA is far from a better WW than those 3.
In all honesty, had Askren not got Knee'd in the face, he would have most likely beaten Mas, I am sure Askren beats RDA.

Leon is a scrub beater, nothing more.

Watch Wonderboy vs Jorge. I could easily see Leon doing something similar but Jorge is a tough out and could catch him. Jorge has way more power in his striking than Nate. That's what makes it such an interesting fight.

Yes, he literally had a perfect fight against Nate save for a moment of carelessness.

"I train UFC bro". Well done, 1. You probably don't anyway, just saying it because it's cool to talk tough on forums. 2. Even if you do, why do I care?

Undefeated only means so much. Patrick Cummins was undefeated when he fought DC, was it a better win than Hendo? Um, nope.

You've sure reacted badly to me telling you the UFC rankings aren't gospel huh?
Ill post a pic of me a gleison tibau on the matt and then a pic of me holding a index card with “shortlefthook” on it.

Just post a pic of yourself with a index card on it with your name so i can see what a real fan looks like, ya know for research purposes

Ill post a pic of me a gleison tibau on the matt and then a pic of me holding a index card with “shortlefthook” on it.

Just post a pic of yourself with a index card on it with your name so i can see what a real fan looks like, ya know for research purposes

Please do. I always enjoy seeing people do BJJ seminars.

I did one with Anderson Silva a few years ago, I guess we're training partners.

And yeah, photo below.

<{UberTS}>

Please don't give me that world famous short left hook.

I eagerly await your Tibau photo.
As i await yours with the index card. you would be surprised just how small the world is, i trained at att kendall for years before it closed down.
Allot of active ufc guys trained there, none were my training partners, nor did i claim they were.

You however are the sports biggest fan right?
Funny how the guys who claim they watch the most usually do the least..goes hand in hand
Ive posted the pic on here before in a very similar conversation i had with a very similar poster to you.

someone who has only watched allot mma therefore thinks their opinions are superior, but actually they are less because they are more biased usually.

youre a “hardcore” great keep that title it means you obsess over certain fighters.
Im a fan of the sport more than the fighters

As i await yours with the index card. you would be surprised just how small the world is, i trained at att kendall for years before it closed down.
Allot of active ufc guys trained there, none were my training partners, nor did i claim they were.

"i train with your favorite fighters"

The fact you have to mention you train when losing an argument proves to me either 1. You're insecure about your life and have to tell people that with no relevance or 2. You're lying and maybe did 1 or 2 training sessions and want to tell people. I've trained BJJ, I imagine most people on this forum have dabbled, why do you think anyone cares you have?

You can be signed to the UFC for all I care, the fact is. 1. The UFC rankings still aren't fact and 2. There's nothing you can prove to me that factually tells me RDA isn't a better win than Askren or Till, it's up for debate.

I said they may be better, you've come out spluttering about the rankings, they're actually the most opinionated thing ever.

Back