Everyone still sure Leon beats Jorge?

why didn't jorge fight him sooner? it's clear jorge sees something in leon's style that would give him problems. you can't tell me that in the last 2 years, they couldn't come to terms. leon wanted it. jorge made excuses. the same way he avoided till (and lobbied to fight magny on the same card as till, after saying that the till fight was too short notice), colby and even usman to an extent. i'm certain leon beats jorge.

The fight was forever changed when masvidal inflicted damage on nate that caused the cut?
By your logic anytime a fighter wins by ko after stunning an opponent its not a legitimate win because if that punch that stunned the other fighter “forever changed the outcome of the fight”
You’re doing mental gymnastics.
Diaz got cut by masvidal then proceeded to get beat up, the cut had little to do with it, more so that nate was out gunned (hence why he was cut so early) welcome to fighting

Ok bud...

Keep thinking it had nothing to do with it lol..

I gave masvidal props for doing the damage and winning...he won...

But im also not stupid and can see when circumstances change a fight...or atleast the style of the fight ...like when sean omalley got leg kicked by chito... Or jones eye poking half his opponents lol.....theres more to fighting then whos ass is beat..

This is the fight to make at this point. Leon certainly doesn't deserve a belt shot at this point and a fight against a good striker like Masvidal would be perfect to determine where Leon should go in future fights.

But he’ll fight Usman?

What’s the logic in that? He’s avoiding Colby and Edwards because he doesn’t think he can win, yet he goes after the guy who broke both Colby and Edwards and who he already lost to heads up?

Ya, you sound pretty dumb.

after both title fights usman played the victim saying he didnt have enough time to get ready. that why he did it to try and blame shift.

jorge said before he signed to fight usman that he turned down colby and tuf cause it wasnt right time. well if that wasnt the right time there wont ever be a good time. before ufc offeredjorge the nate rematch leon was calling out jorge but jorge said no when the ufc offered it.

just like jon jones is back tracking from francis. before the event he was posting those clips about being ready to fight the champ next. only to back track when francis.

if stipe had won jones vs stipe already be booked.

why didn't jorge fight him sooner? it's clear jorge sees something in leon's style that would give him problems. you can't tell me that in the last 2 years, they couldn't come to terms. leon wanted it. jorge made excuses. the same way he avoided till (and lobbied to fight magny on the same card as till, after saying that the till fight was too short notice), colby and even usman to an extent. i'm certain leon beats jorge.
Masvidal got 2 title shots back to back so obviously he did something right. He didn't need to fight Leon. Now Jorge is in a position to take Leon's spot in the rankings so why wouldn't he want it?

Leon didn't look all that impressive, infact, he looked stale. How you gonna struggle to beat a WASHED UP fighter. Leon doesn't have a chin either.

Leon vs Jorge is the perfect storm,
can end in a minute, or war for 25minutes

this is the easiest fight to hype, the "3 pieces and a soda Belt"

Shame Jorge doesn't that's why he's ducked Leon a good 2/3 times.
Why would he duck a guy who went to split decision with cowboy after jorge kod cerrone twice in that fight..
I mean leon beat number 9 ranked nelson, number 7 ranked cerrone and number 6 ranked rda..
Meanwhile masvidal fought those same months against number 2 till, number 5 askren.
And number 6 diaz all finishes why would he want leon when he could fight for the title?
Thats why hes calling him out now cause it makes sense for jorge now

Leons Jab and length is gonna give masvidals fits. mas likes to work off of his jab alot and its his main set up. i dont think people realize how much this will matter. mas cant just wade through leon and bully him with physicality/power like hes diaz. leon is to big/strong and to good for that.

No leon isnt gonna smother jorge before hes tired with wrestling. if anything mas will outwork him in the clinch and the ground if leon takes this approach. it will tire leon more so than jorge due to jorges technique.

After mas starts eating jabs from distance hes gonna start throwing his body kick. that is the strike that will win him the fight if it lands clean. if that body kick dosnt suck the wind or land right on the liver, Mas will be out pointed.

also why is there a narrative around leon having bad cardio? you guys really dont watch fights it seems.

Why would he duck a guy who went to split decision with cowboy after jorge kod cerrone twice in that fight..
I mean leon beat number 9 ranked nelson, number 7 ranked cerrone and number 6 ranked rda..
Meanwhile masvidal fought those same months against number 2 till, number 5 askren.
And number 6 diaz all finishes why would he want leon when he could fight for the title?
Thats why hes calling him out now cause it makes sense for jorge now

Because Jorge only wants to fight Leon now based on those last 6 seconds.

Don't just talk rankings, or wikipedias. Nate was only put that high for the BMF. Askren off the win over Lawler which even then is disputable. They weren't top quality names, on par with Leons although RDA may be a better win than all of those 3 fighters.

Stop pretending Jorge is so far above Leon. They're both on par with each other and should have fought each other by now. Fans need to stop thinking it's ridiculous to suggest two top 5 guys can actually fight each other in the decision.

I was favoring Edwards but nowI think Masvidal has a fresh shot. Edwards is still better technically than Masvidal, but he lacks the killer instinct to put him away.

Ya THATS why... it’s not because he was making millions and getting title shots.

He goes after Usman twice but he’s ducking Edwards because he’s scared of losing. Ya you sound like a 12 year old, and not a very smart one.

<YeahOKJen>

Don't be stupid. Jorge has been on a "paper chase" ever since he fought Askew. I don't even like Jorge, but the idea that he ducks anyone is asinine. The guys a fighter through and through.

Coming off that devastating loss, assuming they don't book a "Nick vs. Jorge"(which again, you can't blame him for taking considering the money he'll make), Leon makes the most sense right now. I'm sure Jorge has zero qualms fighting Leon, he's just gotta make as much dough now while his name has value as he can. Not like he's getting any younger.

Back